Rotonda West Association SUCKS!
snowbird

Ansonia, CT

#1496 Jun 30, 2013
Annette Black wrote:
Is the canals ever going to connect to the salt water? Can the people vote on it or has the issue already been decided? I am new here.
Sorry, but unless a miracle happens, no salt water connection will ever be happening here.
Birdie

United States

#1497 Aug 10, 2013
I am thinking about purchasing a home in rotonda west and making it my new home. After reading some of the recent posts on this forum I am deeply concerned with the values of some of the people who live their full or part time. I believe in the proverb love thy neighbor, and another saying, " mean what you say, say what you mean, but don't be mean when you say it. Another is, action speaks louder then words. Revel in the beauty of your surroundings, take pride in your home, all animals of the earth do why should not we. Thank you, for indulging me by reading this. It truly will my one and only posting, for it has taken way to much of my precious time which I can be spending in a more positive way.
Andy Vanscyoc

Ooltewah, TN

#1498 Aug 10, 2013
To Birdie...I wouldn't let the stuff on this page sway you in your search for a home,most of the folks who live here are pretty happy. A good share of the posters here don't even live in Rotonda West and many of the negative posters are keyboard cowards who like to make trouble. I plan to live in Rotonda West for the rest of my life because I love this place and I do live here and this is my real name.
Birdie

United States

#1499 Aug 10, 2013
Andy Vanscyoc wrote:
To Birdie...I wouldn't let the stuff on this page sway you in your search for a home,most of the folks who live here are pretty happy. A good share of the posters here don't even live in Rotonda West and many of the negative posters are keyboard cowards who like to make trouble. I plan to live in Rotonda West for the rest of my life because I love this place and I do live here and this is my real name.
thank you!
Back At You

Sarasota, FL

#1500 Aug 10, 2013
Andy Vanscyoc wrote:
I plan to live in Rotonda West for the rest of my life.
Hopefully that will not be very much longer.
I have no doubt you are AV.
Your ego would not let you state other wise.
You are one of the examples of why some think the RWA sucks.
Your constant complaints about minor,and I mean very, very tiny problems, stands up front.
You want proof, guess who's name appears the most on the RW Community forum bitching about everything.
Sorry if the truth hurst AJV.

Since becoming a board director your nit picking has gotten even worse.
Then there is your constant demeaning of anyone who tries to run for a board position that you do not personaly like.

Yeah, you love it here but you hate damn near everyone else who does to.

Forget that a person may make a good viable board member. If you do not like them for some stupid *ss personal reason you start the ad hominem attacks on them on and off this forum.
Watching

Fort Myers, FL

#1501 Aug 12, 2013
Andy is a board member and they have a habit of not being totally forthcoming with imformation. If you really want to know what is happening in Rotonda West, go to www.rallyforrotonda.com .
Andy Vanscyoc

Englewood, FL

#1502 Aug 12, 2013
No one uses their real names here except me,my name has appeared here quite often debunking some of the misinformation posted here.Back at you( whoever you are) your statements are false, I have not attacked anyone and as a matter of fact it frustrates me that more people don't get involved rather than just complaining in places like this.And to you"watching"(whoeve r you are) Why doesn't rallyforrotonda have anyone's name attached to it??? Pretty easy to hide behind your rock and throw stones.
Watching

Fort Myers, FL

#1503 Aug 12, 2013
Whenever you find out something that Rally says that is wrong, please bring it forward. Your comments on the forumn recently about why the golf course was not fined for deed restriction violations is one of the reasons Rotonda is on a downward slide. Maybe you should pick a couple of the Florida statutes (617 & 720 would be a start) and learn the laws that you as a board member should be upholding. Maybe someday someome will file a lawsuit and all that crap will stop.
Back At You

Sarasota, FL

#1504 Aug 13, 2013
Andy Vanscyoc wrote:
I have not attacked anyone and as a matter of fact it frustrates me that more people don't get involved rather than just complaining in places like this.
Bull sh*t!! I remember your constant complaining about a member who was running and sent out cards to members.

You bitched about the amount of money said person spent on such. Then went on to question where the money came from for such.
To quote you, "FOLLOW THE MONEY!"

Like one poster wrote, you ignore rules that you do not care about, and go nuts on little crap that you are worried about.
Like save the d*mn turtles.

As for not posting my name, it is very simple. I will spell it out for you.
Andy you are a vindictive, spiteful SOB!! How many people have complained about your pick and chose enforcemnt of deed restrictions?
After doing such, how many of those have you brought complaints against for supposed violations?
I am waiting for you to start accusing people of harassing the wildlife along the water by just looking at them.

As stated before Andy, you can not help but post your name on this board (or any other for that matter).
Your super ego will not let you do other wise.
You consider yourself a shining star for all to see.
Hamspree

Manchester, TN

#1505 Aug 13, 2013
Sounds to me they have some people in charge on the board that have let their importance go to their heads. Stand up people go to the meetings and tell them how you as a group and home owners want the area you live in run. We had the same problems you folks have until we basically fired all the members and put new ones in their place. Since the new ones have taken over it is really a wonderful place to live.
Sparkle

Philadelphia, PA

#1506 Aug 13, 2013
Raise the HOA to $200.00 and see how many homeowners show up at the meeting. You wouldn't have enough room in the building for them. Lol
Halley M Kite

Sarasota, FL

#1507 Aug 16, 2013
Andy Vanscyoc wrote:
Why doesn't rallyforrotonda have anyone's name attached to it??? Pretty easy to hide behind your rock and throw stones.
The same reason people do not post their names on this board. They do not want an over officious, self interested board member such as yourself coming after them for voicing their veiws and complaints.

Here is a little helpful hint Andy to help you deal with the complaints here, or any other posting site.
If you do not like what is posted, THEN DON'T GO TO THAT SITE!
Simple solution for a simple mind.
Nancy Martin

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1508 Aug 16, 2013
Maybe you are right Andy, I'll use my name. I'm a resident of Rotonda. My husband and I attempted to be "involved". We volunteered for numerous committees, never were tapped to serve. So, how involved can one be when one isn't allowed into the "inner circle"? As far as the Broadmoor deal, many of us aren't thrilled w/the way that purchase was conducted. The board went above and beyond what they were elected to do. You were NOT elected to "represent" the people of this community,most of us here are perfectly capable of representing ourselves. You were elected to uphold current rules and regs and do the people's bidding. Bug difference. This isn't a federal or state representative society, it's a small community where we can speak for ourselves.
Ruff and Ready

Sarasota, FL

#1509 Aug 16, 2013
Back At You wrote:
Like one poster wrote, you ignore rules that you do not care about, and go nuts on little crap that you are worried about.
Like save the d*mn turtles.
When I read the part about turtles I damn near died laughing.
I remember when Mr. Andy complained to some members of the board before he became a director.
This was about a year or so ago and he was furious and outraged that someone was trying to catch turtles with a brush line or some such in a cannal.

You are so right about him demeaning people that do not agree with him.
You want proof here, check the post he made a few days ago where he calls people who do not agree with him cowards for not posting there name.
Sure sounds like demeaning to me.
Stranger

Fort Myers, FL

#1510 Aug 16, 2013
At the last board meeting the board president made a motion to fine a resident $50 a day because he went to the insurance company to ask how much insurance the board had on the golf course. It was voted down by one vote. Then he got a seise and desist letter from the board attorney. And he wasn't even there to defend himself. He did nothing wrong, Glen just wanted to show him how tough he is. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T USE THEIR NAMES. Check out the audio from the July meeting on the RWA website. Maybe someday Andy you will get a letter from a lawyer holding you personally responsible for some of the stupid things the board is doing. Maybe you won't be so smug then.
Sparkle

Philadelphia, PA

#1511 Aug 16, 2013
Ok, I too listened to the audio. The point that Mr. Perkins was making is that the gentleman did not go through proper channels. Ofcourse you can't have thousands of homeowners calling your vendors directly. But I think the the fine that was brought up ($750.00) was also ridiculous. How do you fine someone for 17 days for one phone call? Also the other issue that I found that is also troubling was Mrs. reddings shed. A grandfathered in shed 12x24 the doesn't fit in the deed restrictions. She is fine because of being grandfathered but she can't afford to take it down with the new deed restrictions and her home is in short sale. So the association doesn't want to take it down because it will cost to much money so the answer was let to new owner take it down at their expense or charge them $5000.00 to keep it there. Sounds like you are dumping down on a new owner. I have to agree with Bridie, the more I hear what's going on there makes it less likely for me to buy.
Back At You

Sarasota, FL

#1512 Aug 22, 2013
It has been now two weeks since Andy Vanscyoc shot off his big mouth about the BS posting here, and the lack of people posting their real name.

Well after numerous post by named people and numerous fact based information show that RWA does suck, Mr. Vanscyoc is suddenly silent.

Quess it hard for one to use Ad Hominem attacks when faced with such information.
Right Andy???????

How is that turtle watch doing by the way?
Anonymous

Ooltewah, TN

#1513 Aug 22, 2013
Most of the negative postings here are made by the same person using different names. I agree with Andy that if you are going to make an accusation against someone, you should have the courage to use your own name. The "Rally" group is secretive and self serving. They claim to be a lot of people, but I think they are a former board member and her husband. I think they make a lot of noise and try to appear to have a lot of support, but in fact they have very little support. The Rally people have consistently lied about what takes place at meetings. They twist and distort or outright lie about "the facts" that they report. I am glad the board accepted the gift of the Pinemoor course. In doing so, they represented the whole community and especially those whose homes back up to the neglected course. That eyesore would have lowered the values of all of the homes that backed up to it as well as the community at large. I am grateful that Mr. Farrell donated it to the community. No matter what the board does, the "Rally" group will object. Like a dog owner who kicks his dog when he is angry, this group will make the board a scapegoat for all of their personal resentment that they were eliminated from the board - for good reason. They will be a roadblock to progress as long as they can and they will continue to provoke the board - no matter who is on it - because they are angry that they were fired. By the way, the issue of the turtles is a serious one. The fact that you don't take the health of our aquatic life seriously is more proof of your myopic view of life.
Sparkle

Philadelphia, PA

#1514 Aug 22, 2013
Roto-rooter I don't see you using your real name .Why is that? You know the old saying people in glass house shouldn't throw stones!
Back At You

Sarasota, FL

#1515 Aug 22, 2013
Roto-Rooter wrote:
Most of the negative postings here are made by the same person using different names. I agree with Andy that if you are going to make an accusation against someone, you should have the courage to use your own name. The "Rally" group is secretive and self serving. They claim to be a lot of people, but I think they are a former board member and her husband. I think they make a lot of noise and try to appear to have a lot of support, but in fact they have very little support. The Rally people have consistently lied about what takes place at meetings. They twist and distort or outright lie about "the facts" that they report. I am glad the board accepted the gift of the Pinemoor course. In doing so, they represented the whole community and especially those whose homes back up to the neglected course. That eyesore would have lowered the values of all of the homes that backed up to it as well as the community at large. I am grateful that Mr. Farrell donated it to the community. No matter what the board does, the "Rally" group will object. Like a dog owner who kicks his dog when he is angry, this group will make the board a scapegoat for all of their personal resentment that they were eliminated from the board - for good reason. They will be a roadblock to progress as long as they can and they will continue to provoke the board - no matter who is on it - because they are angry that they were fired. By the way, the issue of the turtles is a serious one. The fact that you don't take the health of our aquatic life seriously is more proof of your myopic view of life.
Roto you have only stated what you think is taking place. You have displayed no facts that back up any of your statements about Rally or anyone else who has posted numerous issues here. Several other people here have posted there name.
I choose not to because I now how vindictive Andy is.

Your statement about the turtles shows how out of touch you are with the real problems facing our community.

Last I bet my last dollar that Andy and his buds are beating the bush like mad to find out who created the Rally website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PGPD making changes after wrongful arrest (Feb '14) Jan 5 George 8
Nikki Smith ,Aaron steele Jan 5 Jenn 4
health care (Sep '13) Dec 27 Bahaah 149
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Dec 19 Jtaltian 102
News Man found dead in McDonald's bathroom in Port C... Nov '16 Unknown 1
News Man urinates on Naples mailbox, steals Trump sign Nov '16 zawyet 3
What do you think of North Port, Fl? (Feb '09) Nov '16 East side 75 Home... 272

Port Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Charlotte Mortgages