Child discovered in Port Charlotte po...

Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital

There are 45 comments on the News Press story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital. In it, News Press reports that:

Two-year-old Ethan Rafferty, who was found in his family swimming pool Wednesday by his mother, died at All Children's Hospital in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Friend

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Oct 8, 2010
I am so amazed of the ignorance of so many people. Danielle was a teen mom, so what. She loved her son. I myself seen this with my own eyes from the time that Ethan was born. I seen her and him grow together. I seen the way his eyes lit up when he seen her. Ethan was a little angel who brighten my day every day I seen him, I have cried many tears over his loss, and I cant imagine the tears that Danielle has shed and will shed in the future. People you need to look into your own life and worry about your own. Accidents happen thats why they are called accidents!!!!!!! Instead of condemning a loving, grieving mother maybe you should leave a word of sympathy.
employed by pool builder

Fort Myers, FL

#43 Oct 12, 2010
1st I like to say how sorry I am for this mother. I can't feel your pain. I have been lucky so far, not to have lost a child. But I feel for you. Please forgive these people who say mean things. It’s not all there fault. It is what some no good humans have already done in the past. For example…There was a case a year ago that the parents were out partying all night and as they ware sleeping off the drugs there child was dying in the pool. And how many cases parents have said the child was kidnapped and it turned out they parent killed them. But these mean people are forgetting the not be judgmental, they are not in your shoes. They do not know the story or your life.

2nd Pool code in Florida, a baby barrier or temp. alarms. Most people pick alarm and once the inspector leaves the homeowner removes the alarm or they do leave them on until they get tried of shutting them off. Most homeowners not go with the baby barriers, it blocks there view of there and they get a pool to enjoy. Removing the barrier can be a pain in the ass. All pools have to have a fence or be screen in.
Katelyn L

Ann Arbor, MI

#44 Feb 20, 2013
teen mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but Danielle Rafferty is my friend, I know her personally and she was an amazing mother. She was not neglectful, she loved her son with so much intensity. What happened to Ethan was a horrible ACCIDENT. My five month old daughter and Ethan went to the same day care together at mine and Danielle's highschool. Shame on YOU, Connie for saying that she did this on purpose. You must be demented.
Who is this?? I knew her personally too and she was a good mother. I had no idea this even happened I only met that baby a few times. Is she okay??
Christina S

Athens, TN

#45 Apr 2, 2013
Connie, I can't imagine an accident like that happening to my kid but I know he gets into a LOT and I am in my 30s. He needs to be watched every second and sometimes kids get into trouble the second you're not expecting. It was surely an accident, the mother is surely grieving horribly, and you surely have an immature mind not just for your atrocious comments but also for your atrocious spelling. Grow up.
fla

Enola, PA

#46 Aug 12, 2014
this is old now...but...that whole family is a peice of trash starting from "meema" down...they don't respect their childen...any of them..they are all selfish.....and they all deserve whatever pain they get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The beautiful girl in red dress at kings highwa... (Jul '15) 11 hr Anthony 3
News PGPD making changes after wrongful arrest (Feb '14) Jan 5 George 8
Nikki Smith ,Aaron steele Jan 5 Jenn 4
health care (Sep '13) Dec 27 Bahaah 149
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Dec 19 Jtaltian 102
News Man found dead in McDonald's bathroom in Port C... Nov '16 Unknown 1
News Man urinates on Naples mailbox, steals Trump sign Nov '16 zawyet 3

Port Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance