Child discovered in Port Charlotte po...

Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital

There are 45 comments on the News Press story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital. In it, News Press reports that:

Two-year-old Ethan Rafferty, who was found in his family swimming pool Wednesday by his mother, died at All Children's Hospital in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
connie

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Aug 2, 2010
it's a shame another port charloote child is dead due to the neglect of theses teenage and young parents who cant watch there children.i say investagate this mom in and out cause she should have been up and not sleeping that time in the morning.and exspecailly leaving a door open to a pool area.maybe it was done on purpose to make it look like a accident to get out of being a parent.shame on that mom
Mom to 3

Orlando, FL

#2 Aug 2, 2010
Thats a horrible thing to say to think that this terrible accident was done on purpose. Shame on you for saying such a horrid thing about someone you do not know. That poor girl just lost her son and has to live with that, have some compassion.
Family

Albany, NY

#3 Aug 2, 2010
Connie you could not be more wrong. How could you say something so ridiculous and hurtful? Ethan's mother was an amazing mother and last time I checked it was normal for a 2-year-old to take a nap in the morning with mom. The pool fence was not left open, and all 9 safety points passed inspection.
daisy

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Aug 2, 2010
lol passed inspection?lol ok then how the heck he end up in the pool ,,,,passed inspecton.lol..the doors were left open...
Enough

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Aug 2, 2010
everyone has the right to there own opion's but let this girl grieve!her son died.i'm very sorry for her loss.
Family

Albany, NY

#6 Aug 3, 2010
daisy wrote:
lol passed inspection?lol ok then how the heck he end up in the pool ,,,,passed inspecton.lol..the doors were left open...
How would you know what is going on? This is a horrible tragedy and the doors were NOT left open. He got through them. What is wrong with you people? A baby just died! Do you know how bad it would be if his mother somehow saw these comments? Let her grieve. This was a horrible accident.
Lisa

Albany, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2010
daisy wrote:
What is this "lol"? Is it funny to you that a toddler died?
very sad

Cape Coral, FL

#8 Aug 3, 2010
maybe the news papaers need to re write there story i did see too that he got out through a open slidding door.
to the mom of this baby boy im so sorry for your loss,im a local mother too who lost a child to drowning and i know your pain.i hoe in time you will find peace.and please dont blame your self.our children were put here for the short time they were and taken cause god has better plans for them up in heaven! your son is now an angel along with my child waiting at the gates untill we meet them up there someday
teen mom

Punta Gorda, FL

#9 Aug 3, 2010
connie wrote:
it's a shame another port charloote child is dead due to the neglect of theses teenage and young parents who cant watch there children.i say investagate this mom in and out cause she should have been up and not sleeping that time in the morning.and exspecailly leaving a door open to a pool area.maybe it was done on purpose to make it look like a accident to get out of being a parent.shame on that mom
Excuse me but Danielle Rafferty is my friend, I know her personally and she was an amazing mother. She was not neglectful, she loved her son with so much intensity. What happened to Ethan was a horrible ACCIDENT. My five month old daughter and Ethan went to the same day care together at mine and Danielle's highschool. Shame on YOU, Connie for saying that she did this on purpose. You must be demented.
Meema

Punta Gorda, FL

#10 Aug 3, 2010
Connie - you poor excuse for a human. I hope God finds a way to punish your sad existence in this world in every way possible. You have no idea how much your untrue comments hurt my family and how far from the truth they really are. Rot in hell.
james

Punta Gorda, FL

#11 Aug 3, 2010
wow....i thought daisy was the only piece of garbage here, but now lets add connie also. daisy im amazed you find it so funny that a child has died, really shows the lack of class you have. on purpose....are you kidding me connie, both you go crawl back under your rocks.
1st it's normal for a mother and child to take a nap in the morning. 2nd the door was NOT left open in fact i was told there were 3 locks on that door, he just happen to find a way to undo them. this is a tragic thing and no family should ever have to go through this. my thoughts are with them.
Family

Albany, NY

#12 Aug 3, 2010
All you have to do is turn your head for one second and a child that age is gone. Ethan was a huge toddler- he could reach things a normal 2 year old shouldn't. Also, he was at the monkey-see-monkey-do phase so I'm sure he knew how to open the door. What we need to do is raise awareness for those pool alarms. The kind that goes off when the surface of the water is broken. Nowadays everyone has locks on their pool gates, but why aren't these pool alarms the norm as well? It is NOT Danielle's fault AT ALL. I just think that from this we should learn to take the most extreme safety precautions with our kids. No one thinks about those pool alarms and it's a shame they are so rare.
jacki

Ballston Spa, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2010
All I want to say is I have known this family personally for over 25 yrs and they are loving and so not deserve these ignorant statements. They are mourning the loss of a 2 yr old beautiful little boy. What is wrong with people? Do you have so little going on in your own life or is it that you are drama queens and thrive on attention? Please do as James said and crawl/slither your way back under your rocks. This is painful enough without scum saying half truths and making up crap. This family will never see his precious face again and you have the nerve to write something like that. I cry all day over this and for this family and for me to have to read such garbage is heartbreaking.

Ethan baby,You were beautiful and Heaven is more beautiful with you in it. I pray for you and you mommy and whole family every day all day. I hope God hears my prayers and helps them find the strength to find some solace.

Love you
watching

Ballston Spa, NY

#14 Aug 3, 2010
For those who are judging this family in the worst of times, remember you only have a piece of the story. What kind of people add public ridicule based on complete ignorance of the facts? Evil ones that who...

Live by these words....
"Judge not, lest you be judged."
Family

Albany, NY

#15 Aug 3, 2010
teen mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but Danielle Rafferty is my friend, I know her personally and she was an amazing mother. She was not neglectful, she loved her son with so much intensity. What happened to Ethan was a horrible ACCIDENT. My five month old daughter and Ethan went to the same day care together at mine and Danielle's highschool. Shame on YOU, Connie for saying that she did this on purpose. You must be demented.
You are so right. Danielle and Ethan lit up each other's worlds.
Mom to 3- Audrey

Orlando, FL

#16 Aug 4, 2010
I applaud the friends and family of The Rafferty's that have spoken up to silence these ignorant fools, spouting garbage about innocent people in the worst of times. I wish there was a delete button to be used on fools so that they could be silenced permanently. Gold Bless Ethan may he rest in peace.
Friend

Lehigh Acres, FL

#17 Aug 5, 2010
daisy and connie, your are scum, how dare you, Ive seen what this has done to her, you cant even imagine the pain shes goin through, she loved ethan more than anything in the world, and would NEVER kill her own son, are you serious?
How does a thought like that go through your mind? theres a special place in hell for people like you, and I hope the devil has the heat on high. But I do feel sorry for you, sorry that people like you exist. I just laugh at how people like you get so bold when theres a compputer screen between you and us. No one deserves something like this, and I hope that she never EVER sees this, she has enough to deal with.
taylor

Spanish Fort, AL

#18 Aug 5, 2010
hey Connie & daisy you both make me sick !
honestly how could you write such horrible things when her baby just died ! I know & so does the rest of the people that know Danielle that she loved Ethan with everything she had ! you must honestly not have any class whatsoever ; grow up ok ! you both need to get lives & stay out of danielles ! like rob said ; she has enough on her plate ; I could never imagine losing my kid ; & I know it's killing Danielle so why don't you quit making immature lowlife accusations and go on with your pathetic little lives
friend of the family

Cape Coral, FL

#19 Aug 6, 2010
I can't believe what I am reading. How stupid can people be! I am up at this time becaue I was at the funeral of sweet baby Ethan today and I am a really good friend of the family. How dare anyone ever think let alone put it into words that someone would do this on purpuse! I am shocked! Danielle may be young and still a teen but let me tell you that she was an awesome mom who loves her son more than anything else in this world. I have seen adult parents who haven't loved their kids as much as she did Ethan. You both owe her an appoligy! How dare you judge! How dare you say something unless you have all the facts! You didn't know Ethan and how he was a smart little boy who wass determined to do anything he set his mind to. How he was quiet when he did stuff and was quick to. He was one amazing little boy whos determination got the best of him! I have never seen a single teen mother take care of her baby like Danielle did. I have watched her over the last week and the hell she is going though and it has broke my heart. I am more sick now by reading this! God bless Daniell and her family and give them strenght to go through this and the peace of knowing that sweet little Ethan is in his hand now.
shame on teen parents

Cape Coral, FL

#20 Aug 6, 2010
Meema wrote:
Connie - you poor excuse for a human. I hope God finds a way to punish your sad existence in this world in every way possible. You have no idea how much your untrue comments hurt my family and how far from the truth they really are. Rot in hell.
Well let me say you shouldnt talk!you say you hope god finds away to punish connie's sad existince!well lori i think you shouldnt talk cause apprently you belive in karma and i guees this horrible things maybe your being punished cause ur a awfu person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Labor ready / people ready May 21 Alfredd 2
Majestic Homes & JPG Enterprise (Jan '09) May 19 Very satisfied 35
News Woman arrested following Collier high-speed chase May 19 Cuban Coffee 1
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) May 16 Nirak 116
Locksmith May 11 Bart 2
News Police group defends money for Punta Gorda chie... May 4 Bila 1
News 2,400 homes to be built in Punta Gorda's Tucker... May 4 Cuban Coffee 1

Port Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance