Doctors to follow parents' decision o...

Doctors to follow parents' decision over brain-dead son

There are 5 comments on the HeraldTribune.com story from Mar 28, 2011, titled Doctors to follow parents' decision over brain-dead son. In it, HeraldTribune.com reports that:

Barbara Austin, right, is comforted by her pastor, Johnny Martinez, while her son, Gerome Austin, 16, checks text messages Monday morning outside Charlotte Regional Medical Center in Punta Gorda.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldTribune.com.

Me22me22

“"Stupid is forever"”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 28, 2011
I believe once he was unable to make decisions, the next of kin would make decisions. I would of had my son transferred out the day I changed my mind and fired the Doctors. I wouldn't think they could go against the family's wishes. He may of signed the donor card when getting his DL, but obviously he wasn't mentally stable at the time he tried to commit suicide. God Bless Him and His Family!!! I don't blame them for wanting a second opinion, and not in that hospital for sure!!! They will have a long road ahead of them, regardlessly. What that hospital did is really sad, a lawsuit would be on my mind at this point also!! To think what hell they have put that family through. It's not like he is an elderly man, God, he's only 18, and worth fighting for!!!
RIP_ArthurAceJoh nsonIII

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2011
Me22me22 wrote:
I believe once he was unable to make decisions, the next of kin would make decisions. I would of had my son transferred out the day I changed my mind and fired the Doctors. I wouldn't think they could go against the family's wishes. He may of signed the donor card when getting his DL, but obviously he wasn't mentally stable at the time he tried to commit suicide. God Bless Him and His Family!!! I don't blame them for wanting a second opinion, and not in that hospital for sure!!! They will have a long road ahead of them, regardlessly. What that hospital did is really sad, a lawsuit would be on my mind at this point also!! To think what hell they have put that family through. It's not like he is an elderly man, God, he's only 18, and worth fighting for!!!
Thanks for the love I was one of Ace's foster brothas everybody loved Arthur he was never hated he always treated us like fam nd we feel his most of us can't stop crying over him it was just so shocking to everybody........ Man Ace bra you will be forever missed

Me22me22

“"Stupid is forever"”

Location hidden

#3 Mar 30, 2011
RIP_ArthurAceJohnsonIII wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the love I was one of Ace's foster brothas everybody loved Arthur he was never hated he always treated us like fam nd we feel his most of us can't stop crying over him it was just so shocking to everybody........ Man Ace bra you will be forever missed
Did they remove life support?
I'm sorry for your loss...it's harder when you lose someone young. My husband shot himself when our son was 12 yo. That's been six years ago, it still hurts. He was also a Vietnam Veteran, with PTSD. I don't know why, that's the hardest part, he had plenty of money, friends, and a son. I will tell you it gets easier with time. The first year all I ever did was wonder what I could of done to prevent it from happening, or understand why he did it, and I cried all the time, I even blamed myself. I wish you and your family peace, you have to go through the grieving process first. God Bless you all and may your bro R.I.P. You may not think so now, things only get better with time, I will pray for you and your family.
RIP_ArthurAceJoh nsonIII

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2011
Thank you so much

Me22me22

“"Stupid is forever"”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 31, 2011
RIP_ArthurAceJohnsonIII wrote:
Thank you so much
You are quite welcome. In time I hope you and your family find some closure! I will be praying for you all. And your bro upstairs to rest in peace, until his family reunite with him one day. Take it one day at a time, keep the good memories close to your heart. Think of special things he did or as family, remember those memories...it helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nude beach (Apr '13) 35 min April 8
health care (Sep '13) May 25 Total Flop 147
News 10-year-old bicyclist critically injured in Cha... (Sep '11) May 23 Kelcy frame 15
Grass is ...well, horrible in North Port May 20 Bznbuny 1
420 is my favorite date! May 20 Wackjob 3
North Port Police Suck! (Jul '07) May 20 Pathetic 138
Tiara Gil-Bory May 17 turtle 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Charlotte Mortgages