Two teens found dead in Pottsville home

Two teens found dead in Pottsville home

There are 111 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 21, 2008, titled Two teens found dead in Pottsville home. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 53-year-old Schuylkill County man is in jail today on charges he killed two teens found shot to death in his the basement of his Pottsville home Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
dlj

Allentown, PA

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I wish they would write what prompted the police to go to the residence.
woof

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Mar 21, 2008
Exactly what I was thinking.
gladys

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Sick. A t.v. report said that he covered the bodies with a blanket because he didn't want to look at them while he did laundry. Sick bastage.

Since: Feb 07

Mohrsville, PA

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Here is a better article.. written by the local paper.. Gives a bit more detail as to why they went there....
http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm...

Mohrsville, PA

#5 Mar 21, 2008
and another from the same site... more recent updates.... http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm...
Too bad

Norristown, PA

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Wonder what's wrong with that guy.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#7 Mar 21, 2008
TazDevil, thanks for the additional information. Wonder how come they were there, did he see them "out and about" and offer them a place to stay, did they know him beforehand, or what? Whatever - he killed them and just kept the bodies there? Disgusting. Something like this, I can almost bet the paycheck that he'll plead insanity, that "voices told him to do it," or something similar.

(Note to the nitpickers; yes, I know they haven't PROVED anything against this guy. If it turns out he didn't do anything and he's released, I'll change my comments. But for now, my comments are directed towards what's in the story)
Dave

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 21, 2008
My god. I grew up in Pottsville, left there in 1991 when I was 24. You never hear of stuff like this happening up there. What are people thinking?
kNOWLEDGE

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2008
Too bad wrote:
Wonder what's wrong with that guy.
If you click on the link that Taz posted, you can answer this question. The picture tells it all. This man looks crazy!
snowman chapman PA

Allentown, PA

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Probably another sicko not taking his pills because he thinks he doesn't need them anymore. At least that is what the voices tell him. Time for my pills!!!
Ang

Gilbertsville, PA

#12 Mar 21, 2008
If you do a search on Myspace for Josh Yevak (under full name search) several options come up go to the one where Josh is kissing a girl and then click on pics. There are pictures of the man charged with Josh,(imo, looks like they are partying) and Josh refers to the man as "uncle Ed". Don't know if it really is his uncle or just a nickname. Just thought I would throw this info out there. Also it seems that the last time that Josh signed into the account was March 3
Please

United States

#13 Mar 21, 2008
snowman chapman PA wrote:
Probably another sicko not taking his pills because he thinks he doesn't need them anymore. At least that is what the voices tell him. Time for my pills!!!
That the problem! All these sickos are known by there doctors to be dangerous, but they just figure if they take their medicine they will be okay, but the problem is they don't, so who controls that!
hmmm

Allentown, PA

#15 Mar 21, 2008
snowman chapman PA wrote:
Maybe he can't afford them.

“Does it really Matter”

Since: May 07

Sunnyville USA

#16 Mar 21, 2008
Wow, creepy stuff!
tcparent

Lansing, MI

#17 Mar 21, 2008
Did I read the artical correctly when it indicated the girl was missing for three weeks? I heard nothing of a missing teen from Port Carbon... God Bless the families. What a true waste of life.
allentown resident

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2008
lol mcall must hire idiots one sentence reads a 17 yr old woman from port carbon.......then go down a few sentences and she is unidentified??!!

hello proofread ppl
Chris

Blairstown, NJ

#19 Mar 21, 2008
Ang wrote:
If you do a search on Myspace for Josh Yevak (under full name search) several options come up go to the one where Josh is kissing a girl and then click on pics. There are pictures of the man charged with Josh,(imo, looks like they are partying) and Josh refers to the man as "uncle Ed". Don't know if it really is his uncle or just a nickname. Just thought I would throw this info out there. Also it seems that the last time that Josh signed into the account was March 3
Wow Ang, are you sure you aren't a detective?:0) Good work there! That guy is CREEPY looking, he's the kind of guy who would make me cross the street if he was walking my way, looks like he's definately not taking his lithium or something. But as an aside I'm shocked that this happened in Pottsville! I don't live there but I went to nursing school there and I never heard of something like this there! Just goes to show that no matter where you are you can't trust anyone or anything anymore sadly.

Mohrsville, PA

#22 Mar 21, 2008
http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm...

Once again here is the latest info on this story.... The girl is now identified...
No Duh

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Mar 21, 2008
She was identified on MySpace hours ago. The Call is a little slow.
Mother Trucker

Macungie, PA

#24 Mar 21, 2008
The Death Penalty needs to be re-instituted. The main reason why we have more and more heinous crimes is because people are not afraid to go to jail anymore. For most criminals going to jail is like going to college. Tell them they're going to face Ol' Sparky and see how quickly the coward in them comes out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Carbon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Favorite Place To Drop Your Load (no judgement) Wed Kep 6
News Nelson Eckert, active in his church Jun 28 Baby pilot 12
News What you need to know about Narcan Jun 26 heroin and chill 1
NEPA Vigilantes and Militiamen Jun 24 Kessler is batchi... 7
I'm gonna ramble on .... Part 6 Jun 24 Goon Squirrel 32
More to Pottsville than the government,police,etc. (Aug '07) Jun 23 KernaLGBT 16
County officials block Da Kernal? Jun 21 Tyrone biggums 5

Port Carbon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Carbon Mortgages