Two teens found dead in Pottsville home

Two teens found dead in Pottsville home

There are 60 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 22, 2008, titled Two teens found dead in Pottsville home. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The bodies of two teenagers were found stacked in the basement of a Pottsville man's blood-spattered apartment, covered with a blanket because he didn't want to look at them while he was doing laundry, police ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scrappie drappie

Kingston, PA

#51 Mar 24, 2008
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, I just want you to know that that is NOT my son's page and he did not write this to anyone. My son is 19 and is from Penna and would not even take the time to write something so useless.
I wish everyone would just stop writing things that they have no idea about. 1/2 of the article you just read in the Morning Call is erroneous. I pray all the hype stops so I can bury my son peacefully.
you are josh's mother?
i don't think so . nice try.
josh didnt have a "mother' in the definition. the woman who bore him, let him alone on the streets to fend for himself.fact. so nice try.
Uncle Kracker

West Orange, NJ

#52 Mar 24, 2008
Ok, we all know what is going to happen to Uncle Ed, he will be found insane, and be out on Pottsville streets in 5-7 years looking for new playmates. If you want to get away with murder-do it in Schuylkill County!
Faith Kolb

Pomona, CA

#53 Mar 24, 2008
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, I just want you to know that that is NOT my son's page and he did not write this to anyone. My son is 19 and is from Penna and would not even take the time to write something so useless.
I wish everyone would just stop writing things that they have no idea about. 1/2 of the article you just read in the Morning Call is erroneous. I pray all the hype stops so I can bury my son peacefully.
I already apologized for the incorrect information. I am truly sorry, if it was your son who this occured to. In my prayers, and dreams, I hope that this was just something that never happened. But it did and I couldn't be more sad for those who have known and loved them. Please don't look for someone to be angry at (it's not me), when the bad guy is already locked up. I wish they would let you alone with him for just 5 minutes....that would feel more like justice. Isn't this forum to your benefit? Arn't people flocking to support you and all the others who loved them? Arn't we all debating the issues of justice and the hopes that this as*hole suffers the wrath of anything powerful and full of hate (as he deserves nothing good), So I ask you sir, Please do not read and look for someone to project your anger on...I didn't commit this crime, have anything to do with this crime, or in anyway support the scum that has committed this crime. I sir, am an avid supporter of you, your family and your cause.
out done

Florence, NJ

#54 Mar 24, 2008
Uncle Kracker wrote:
Ok, we all know what is going to happen to Uncle Ed, he will be found insane, and be out on Pottsville streets in 5-7 years looking for new playmates. If you want to get away with murder-do it in Schuylkill County!
No one heard a shoot gun being discharged. I am not buying it. Growing up in western schuylkill as a child my would would sa" in schuylkill county you can get away with murder and child abuse'
Faith Kolb

Pomona, CA

#55 Mar 24, 2008
scrappie drappie wrote:
<quoted text>
you are josh's mother?
i don't think so . nice try.
josh didnt have a "mother' in the definition. the woman who bore him, let him alone on the streets to fend for himself.fact. so nice try.
I don't know who you are or how you know that I have a child name, Joshua. But I assure you that you must be speaking of someone else, as I have been a "GREAT" mother of my 2 sons, who were never left alone. One of which has bi-polar disorder and remains with me (that I support) to this day at age 32. I pay for his meds, his counseling, his food, and everything else that goes with giving birth to a child with a chemical inbalance in his brain. No AMY...you must and most certainly do have the wrong person...
scrappie drappie

Kingston, PA

#56 Mar 24, 2008
Faith Kolb wrote:
<quoted text>
I already apologized for the incorrect information. I am truly sorry, if it was your son who this occured to. In my prayers, and dreams, I hope that this was just something that never happened. But it did and I couldn't be more sad for those who have known and loved them. Please don't look for someone to be angry at (it's not me), when the bad guy is already locked up. I wish they would let you alone with him for just 5 minutes....that would feel more like justice. Isn't this forum to your benefit? Arn't people flocking to support you and all the others who loved them? Arn't we all debating the issues of justice and the hopes that this as*hole suffers the wrath of anything powerful and full of hate (as he deserves nothing good), So I ask you sir, Please do not read and look for someone to project your anger on...I didn't commit this crime, have anything to do with this crime, or in anyway support the scum that has committed this crime. I sir, am an avid supporter of you, your family and your cause.
yea, let uncle ed alone w/"amy" for 5 minutes, so he can tell her why he really did it.Not that she would be shocked or anything.
scrappie drappie

Kingston, PA

#57 Mar 24, 2008
Faith Kolb wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are or how you know that I have a child name, Joshua. But I assure you that you must be speaking of someone else, as I have been a "GREAT" mother of my 2 sons, who were never left alone. One of which has bi-polar disorder and remains with me (that I support) to this day at age 32. I pay for his meds, his counseling, his food, and everything else that goes with giving birth to a child with a chemical inbalance in his brain. No AMY...you must and most certainly do have the wrong person...
i was speaking to "amy" not you.
Susan Greene

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#58 Mar 24, 2008
One of the nicest????!!!! Reading this story gave me the creeps!! They all sound a little suspect of not being all there, and I believe I hear banjo music in the distance.
Faith Kolb

Troy, VA

#59 Mar 24, 2008
scrappie drappie wrote:
<quoted text>
i was speaking to "amy" not you.
Thank you Scrappie...
Susan Greene

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#60 Mar 24, 2008
Richard in Orlando wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/the-morning...
linda
Tylersport, PA wrote:
I think he was sexually involved with this old geezer and when the girlfriend came along, the old man felt threatened. We had a neighbor like him when I was young and he always had young boys hanging out at his house and we later found out he was giving them alcohol in return for sexual favors. This went on for years and parents didn't want to believe that this guy was a molester because he would take the boys fishing and buy them things. Well one day a 16 year old boy refused to give him oral sex and he beat and raped him and he was finally caught and most of the young boys testified against him. He spent 3, yes only 3 years in jail, but was robbed and beaten a year later in his apartment after his release from prison and died. Thank God who knows how many more young boys would be harmed.They never found out who killed him ,but I bet one of the young men or an angry father did it. Please watch your sons if they spend a lot of time with older men and don't be so naive and trusting.You see my brother,who was 14 at the time, was one of those boys and committed suicide several years later.
What a story!!!! My condolences on the loss of your brother.
Susan Greene

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#61 Mar 24, 2008
ron paul supprter wrote:
potsville...sound like my kind of town i love pot and vote for rom paul he will make pots legalised because he cool .vot for ron pual
Hey, dim bulb! When the green haze clears, reread what you wrote!

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#62 Mar 24, 2008
What a strange story. Condolences to the families.
snyder

Union, NJ

#63 Apr 3, 2008
I DON'T THINK IT'S RIGHT WHAT SOME OF YOU ARE SAYING... SHE'S MY NIECE AND WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED . PUT YOURSELF IN ARE SHOES AND SEE HOW IT FEELS.WE DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS BUT PLEASE HAVE A HEART SHE WAS ONLY 17!!!! AND YESI HOPE UNCLE ED ROTS IN HELL AND SITS IN HIS CELL AND THINKS ABOUT WHAT HE DID ..BECAUSE I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S GONE . IT'S LIKE A NIGHT MARE AND I CAN'T WAKE UP .MY CAYLA RIP . I LOVE YOU !!!!
snyder

Union, NJ

#64 Apr 3, 2008
INeedaDrink wrote:
Well 1st of all this story still does not tell us why the poice went there. What about the girls parents? This story is poorly written.
SHE DID HAVE PARENTS !!!!!READ THE NEWSPAPER ...SHE'S BEEN GONE SINCE MARCH 3 AND HER MOTHER REPORTED HER MISSING AND HER MOTHER WENT TO THE HOUSE AND NO ONE WOULD ANSWER THE DOOR THE COPS WENT THERE TO AND IF IT WOULDN'T BE FOR THE LADY UPSTAIRS JOSH AND CAYLA WOULD NEVER BEEN FOUND. READ YOUR NEWSPAPER 111111
Here for now

Nazareth, PA

#65 Apr 3, 2008
I would just like to say that I'm sorry for you and your families loss.
And I'm sorry for the ignorant and sometimes mean comments that have been posted here. Some articles shouldn't be available to make comments. This is one of them.
snyder wrote:
<quoted text> SHE DID HAVE PARENTS !!!!!READ THE NEWSPAPER ...SHE'S BEEN GONE SINCE MARCH 3 AND HER MOTHER REPORTED HER MISSING AND HER MOTHER WENT TO THE HOUSE AND NO ONE WOULD ANSWER THE DOOR THE COPS WENT THERE TO AND IF IT WOULDN'T BE FOR THE LADY UPSTAIRS JOSH AND CAYLA WOULD NEVER BEEN FOUND. READ YOUR NEWSPAPER 111111

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

#66 Apr 3, 2008
Here for now wrote:
And I'm sorry for the ignorant and sometimes mean comments that have been posted here. Some articles shouldn't be available to make comments. This is one of them.
The problem is Topix does not require registration to post like most other sites. So the trolls congregate here and you're stuck wading through their crap on every thread.

Registration is the key. Then offensive posts can be tracked to a real person. Civility would increase dramatically.

But that would require some investment from Topix. And why would they bother? The trolls make the traffic numbers increase, which is all the advertisers worry about. So by doing it cheaply, they encourage the trolls, which inflates the traffic, which inflates their profits.
Here for now

Nazareth, PA

#67 Apr 3, 2008
Very good point.
steve-2304 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is Topix does not require registration to post like most other sites. So the trolls congregate here and you're stuck wading through their crap on every thread.
Registration is the key. Then offensive posts can be tracked to a real person. Civility would increase dramatically.
But that would require some investment from Topix. And why would they bother? The trolls make the traffic numbers increase, which is all the advertisers worry about. So by doing it cheaply, they encourage the trolls, which inflates the traffic, which inflates their profits.
Enigma

Santa Ana, CA

#68 Apr 3, 2008
Interesting Steve you have very valid points. A good idea would be for Topix be to have a filter to filter out unregistered users from registered user so that and the user could have that option. I am not registered because I do not read the comments often enough,however, I like reading the free online paper. I have never asked a user before but when you register does Topix give your email address to marketing departments to spam mail you to death or sell/give you email address to marketing companies?
steve-2304 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#69 Apr 3, 2008
Enigma wrote:
Interesting Steve you have very valid points. A good idea would be for Topix be to have a filter to filter out unregistered users from registered user so that and the user could have that option. I am not registered because I do not read the comments often enough,however, I like reading the free online paper. I have never asked a user before but when you register does Topix give your email address to marketing departments to spam mail you to death or sell/give you email address to marketing companies?
<quoted text>
I haven't gotten anything like that.

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

#70 Apr 3, 2008
Me neither. You can choose to make your comments private too. Meaning when you click on my avatar, you would not be able to see a list of my posts to other threads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Carbon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Da Kernal pull a few more strings? 12 hr Court Reporter 8
FA REAL - Liptok et al v. Bank of America Aug 2 The Skook Scumbag 41
Spousal abuse in Skook Tea Party? Jul 31 Pulling Back the ... 15
Looks like Da Kernal was right again Jul 30 scared of goons 6
Guess Da Kernal's height and weight Jul 29 Da Gubment 4
Interesting story about rats found on the net (Apr '11) Jul 28 Amish John 7
pottsville be real nice Jul 27 Skookneck 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Carbon Mortgages