Teens charged in beating that killed ...

Teens charged in beating that killed Mexican national in Shenandoah

There are 50 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Jul 25, 2008, titled Teens charged in beating that killed Mexican national in Shenandoah. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

Reading Eagle: Tim Leedy Derrick Donchak, 18, is among the teens charged this morning in the fatal beating of Luis Ramirez in Shenandoah on July 12.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anon

United States

#43 Oct 1, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
So murdering a human being is ecceptable to you?
What are you the executioner?
Look in the mirror sandbag, do you see GOD?
All people are equal: its the government games that keep this racial crap alive and well and people like you should not hold any title except whinner.
Put yourself back about 200 years; go look in the library for some books (try the kids section it may be easier for you to read) and then study the history written down. "ALL people are welcome, We will take your hungry, your poor, the desolate, any one and give them shelter ........"
Sound familiar?
Its double talk!
Otherwise there would be NO illegal aliens.
Granted, there has to be a limit on it or there will be mass starvation and other problems (like china). The government tried that by saying "so many can come in and get citizenship"
Again the government lied.
There must be law, and there must be order, but if the government is not going to enforce the laws (equally) then there is caos.
Again, thats what the government wants; so they can fill the courts and thier pockets.
Its a game that they can no longer control!
" Give me your tired...... is not double talk its our ideal people and countries never reach there ideals if they do they have to reset them higher. It's also not literal.
Otherwise there would be no country. I'd love to see you illegals battling Al Quaeda, the Russians, South Americans and the rest of world for your standing room only in our cities.
Hartford CT

Hartford, CT

#44 Oct 7, 2008
There is no easy solution to this problem. Most illegal aliens come into the United States to make a better life for themselves or their families. They do the menial jobs that others consider beneath them and they work hard for little money often having to live in poor conditions with many others in one house. Illegals aren't a virus dead set to infect the USA, but there are individuals who will - and it doesn't matter what ethnic group they belong to. I think that the gov't should have some kind of program that would eventually make these illegals U.S. citizens. The sooner they become citizens, the sooner they could start paying into the Social Security and Federal Tax system. However, it would have to be set-up that they are working and not another person looking for a free ride. Remember, the United States was built on immigrants and yes, at first they were illegal. A lot of Americans boast that they have a relative that came over on the Mayflower, but did you know that many were indentured servants - people that were indebted or bound to others for a crime that they had committed. I admit I don't know all that was happening in Shenandoah (my father grew up here), and I don't know why there is a Mexican population or why they are illegal. Outwardly it would seem to me that someone had to entice them to come into this specific area of the U.S. and my guess is it was someone looking for free or cheap labor. That's the person to blame. As far as the 3 teenage boys: Children learn and act on what they hear, more so teenagers. I'm sure there are a lot of hostilities against these Mexicans - usually in a group of people the weak get picked on even if all don't agree, they go with the flow. I'm sure the Mexicans aren't going to put up with being treated as 2nd class. Neighbor against neighbor. Set 'em up in business, I haven't seen a Mexican Restaurant the last time I was in town. Rivalry will get you no where.
anon

United States

#45 Oct 7, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
There is no easy solution to this problem. Most illegal aliens come into the United States to make a better life for themselves or their families. They do the menial jobs that others consider beneath them and they work hard for little money often having to live in poor conditions with many others in one house. Illegals aren't a virus dead set to infect the USA, but there are individuals who will - and it doesn't matter what ethnic group they belong to. I think that the gov't should have some kind of program that would eventually make these illegals U.S. citizens. The sooner they become citizens, the sooner they could start paying into the Social Security and Federal Tax system. However, it would have to be set-up that they are working and not another person looking for a free ride. Remember, the United States was built on immigrants and yes, at first they were illegal. A lot of Americans boast that they have a relative that came over on the Mayflower, but did you know that many were indentured servants - people that were indebted or bound to others for a crime that they had committed. I admit I don't know all that was happening in Shenandoah (my father grew up here), and I don't know why there is a Mexican population or why they are illegal. Outwardly it would seem to me that someone had to entice them to come into this specific area of the U.S. and my guess is it was someone looking for free or cheap labor. That's the person to blame. As far as the 3 teenage boys: Children learn and act on what they hear, more so teenagers. I'm sure there are a lot of hostilities against these Mexicans - usually in a group of people the weak get picked on even if all don't agree, they go with the flow. I'm sure the Mexicans aren't going to put up with being treated as 2nd class. Neighbor against neighbor. Set 'em up in business, I haven't seen a Mexican Restaurant the last time I was in town. Rivalry will get you no where.
I agree someone is paying and enticing them into the USA. I understand a lot of it is controlled by organized crime. They are the people that should pay for the deportation. They made the money on them. But I disagree that once here we should try to make them comfortable. They are costing the taxpayer to much for there health care and education. Many hospitals have shut down because they can't operate not getting paid They also get frustrated because they will never be able to move up the social ladder as illegals and therefor become angry and commit crimes. Even the pain and suffering they cause by driving illegally drunk and haveing accidents. They are also heavily involved in the drug trade.
I don't think poor Americans should have to compete with illegals for jobs. So lets make sure we do not approve and want them out of here.
anon

United States

#46 Oct 7, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
There is no easy solution to this problem. Most illegal aliens come into the United States to make a better life for themselves or their families. They do the menial jobs that others consider beneath them and they work hard for little money often having to live in poor conditions with many others in one house. Illegals aren't a virus dead set to infect the USA, but there are individuals who will - and it doesn't matter what ethnic group they belong to. I think that the gov't should have some kind of program that would eventually make these illegals U.S. citizens. The sooner they become citizens, the sooner they could start paying into the Social Security and Federal Tax system. However, it would have to be set-up that they are working and not another person looking for a free ride. Remember, the United States was built on immigrants and yes, at first they were illegal. A lot of Americans boast that they have a relative that came over on the Mayflower, but did you know that many were indentured servants - people that were indebted or bound to others for a crime that they had committed. I admit I don't know all that was happening in Shenandoah (my father grew up here), and I don't know why there is a Mexican population or why they are illegal. Outwardly it would seem to me that someone had to entice them to come into this specific area of the U.S. and my guess is it was someone looking for free or cheap labor. That's the person to blame. As far as the 3 teenage boys: Children learn and act on what they hear, more so teenagers. I'm sure there are a lot of hostilities against these Mexicans - usually in a group of people the weak get picked on even if all don't agree, they go with the flow. I'm sure the Mexicans aren't going to put up with being treated as 2nd class. Neighbor against neighbor. Set 'em up in business, I haven't seen a Mexican Restaurant the last time I was in town. Rivalry will get you no where.
Oh and with that logic because the first settlers weren't "legal" we should welcome all the world. Then where are you going to go. There are over a billion poor in the world that would like to come if we like all countries don't control our immigration. How much are you worth if you contribute 1 billion we could start working on it but in the mean time the law is the law for a reason. Its dangerous and hurts people.
Hartford CT

Mashpee, MA

#47 Oct 7, 2008
The illegals that are NOW in the United States should be put into the system. I'm not suggesting we keep accepting illegals into the U.S. The US cannot possibly shelter the world's poor, nor should it. But the illegals who are now in this country, whose children are US CITIZENS, the people who are trying to make better for their children, these people should be offered a chance. When our ancestors came over to America it was probably at a time when immigrants were welcomed with open arms. If they weren't welcomed do you honestly think they wouldn't try to sneak into the US to make a better life for their families? When Bush suggested that any illegals that signed up to be in the service during the Iraqi war would be given citizenship, where was the public outcry that they shouldn't be allowed to fight, they weren't legal? I see, they're good enough to die for you but not good enough to be your neighbor. Never being able to climb up the social ladder? Driving drunk? Involved in the drug trade? Do you have to be an illegal Mexican to qualify for that? Please, it could be anyone and I think it's really presumptuous to assume that all illegals get behind the wheel with an elevated blood alcohol level. That's very stereotypical & racist. Are you saying that legal americans don't drive drunk, get involved with drugs, or climb the "social ladder"? Y'know, the real problem is not the illegals themselves, the problem is the legal US businesses that employ the illegals, that encourage them to cross the border to work for pennies. In Shenandoah, I understand it was a catholic priest that brought them in for the purpose of increasing his congregation so that the church wouldn't close. Where is that right? A priest USING people for his own gain. Pitiful. Shenandoah is a small town, maybe around 2-3 thousand people. It's time to stop living in a cave. Stop your hate, stop teaching your children to hate. Put your energy someplace else.
Lets Review

Springfield, MO

#48 Oct 8, 2008
Please note he's described as a Mexican National.
As such, what the hell is he doing outside the Mexican Nation?
Looking for trouble, perhaps? And it looks like he got his Wish!
1.) Don't invade someone else's country
2.) Wait for permission before entry
3.) Don't rape their kids
4.) Don't taunt their menfolk
And you'll live longer...
Americans are expected to follow the above Redundant Rules for Travel Abroad, why can't we expect Nationals of OTHER countries to obey them?
anon

United States

#49 Oct 10, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
The illegals that are NOW in the United States should be put into the system. I'm not suggesting we keep accepting illegals into the U.S. The US cannot possibly shelter the world's poor, nor should it. But the illegals who are now in this country, whose children are US CITIZENS, the people who are trying to make better for their children, these people should be offered a chance. When our ancestors came over to America it was probably at a time when immigrants were welcomed with open arms. If they weren't welcomed do you honestly think they wouldn't try to sneak into the US to make a better life for their families? When Bush suggested that any illegals that signed up to be in the service during the Iraqi war would be given citizenship, where was the public outcry that they shouldn't be allowed to fight, they weren't legal? I see, they're good enough to die for you but not good enough to be your neighbor. Never being able to climb up the social ladder? Driving drunk? Involved in the drug trade? Do you have to be an illegal Mexican to qualify for that? Please, it could be anyone and I think it's really presumptuous to assume that all illegals get behind the wheel with an elevated blood alcohol level. That's very stereotypical & racist. Are you saying that legal americans don't drive drunk, get involved with drugs, or climb the "social ladder"? Y'know, the real problem is not the illegals themselves, the problem is the legal US businesses that employ the illegals, that encourage them to cross the border to work for pennies. In Shenandoah, I understand it was a catholic priest that brought them in for the purpose of increasing his congregation so that the church wouldn't close. Where is that right? A priest USING people for his own gain. Pitiful. Shenandoah is a small town, maybe around 2-3 thousand people. It's time to stop living in a cave. Stop your hate, stop teaching your children to hate. Put your energy someplace else.
But we have tried amnesty before and they want to remain illegal. They make more money that way. They do not want to be a taxpayer then its worse than living in Mexico. Also its not fair to the immigrants who are on the legal waiting list. Let them go home they all have families in Mexico they have been supporting and apply in the mean time close down those who hire illegals. Your a very cruel person to want them living here illegally.
anon

United States

#50 Oct 10, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
The illegals that are NOW in the United States should be put into the system. I'm not suggesting we keep accepting illegals into the U.S. The US cannot possibly shelter the world's poor, nor should it. But the illegals who are now in this country, whose children are US CITIZENS, the people who are trying to make better for their children, these people should be offered a chance. When our ancestors came over to America it was probably at a time when immigrants were welcomed with open arms. If they weren't welcomed do you honestly think they wouldn't try to sneak into the US to make a better life for their families? When Bush suggested that any illegals that signed up to be in the service during the Iraqi war would be given citizenship, where was the public outcry that they shouldn't be allowed to fight, they weren't legal? I see, they're good enough to die for you but not good enough to be your neighbor. Never being able to climb up the social ladder? Driving drunk? Involved in the drug trade? Do you have to be an illegal Mexican to qualify for that? Please, it could be anyone and I think it's really presumptuous to assume that all illegals get behind the wheel with an elevated blood alcohol level. That's very stereotypical & racist. Are you saying that legal americans don't drive drunk, get involved with drugs, or climb the "social ladder"? Y'know, the real problem is not the illegals themselves, the problem is the legal US businesses that employ the illegals, that encourage them to cross the border to work for pennies. In Shenandoah, I understand it was a catholic priest that brought them in for the purpose of increasing his congregation so that the church wouldn't close. Where is that right? A priest USING people for his own gain. Pitiful. Shenandoah is a small town, maybe around 2-3 thousand people. It's time to stop living in a cave. Stop your hate, stop teaching your children to hate. Put your energy someplace else.
Shenandoah is five thousand and its time you came out of your cave and wake up. Shenandoah CAN NOT support illegals they need to expand there tax base. Stop your hate. I am a hateful person because I try to follow the law and expect others to. Because legal Americans overdose on drugs does that mean its right and we would welcome more drug addicts in fact all the drug addicts from Mexico and all the criminals and people who can't drive and all the rapists. Where do you live can they all live in your town?
anon

United States

#51 Oct 10, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
There is no easy solution to this problem. Most illegal aliens come into the United States to make a better life for themselves or their families. They do the menial jobs that others consider beneath them and they work hard for little money often having to live in poor conditions with many others in one house. Illegals aren't a virus dead set to infect the USA, but there are individuals who will - and it doesn't matter what ethnic group they belong to. I think that the gov't should have some kind of program that would eventually make these illegals U.S. citizens. The sooner they become citizens, the sooner they could start paying into the Social Security and Federal Tax system. However, it would have to be set-up that they are working and not another person looking for a free ride. Remember, the United States was built on immigrants and yes, at first they were illegal. A lot of Americans boast that they have a relative that came over on the Mayflower, but did you know that many were indentured servants - people that were indebted or bound to others for a crime that they had committed. I admit I don't know all that was happening in Shenandoah (my father grew up here), and I don't know why there is a Mexican population or why they are illegal. Outwardly it would seem to me that someone had to entice them to come into this specific area of the U.S. and my guess is it was someone looking for free or cheap labor. That's the person to blame. As far as the 3 teenage boys: Children learn and act on what they hear, more so teenagers. I'm sure there are a lot of hostilities against these Mexicans - usually in a group of people the weak get picked on even if all don't agree, they go with the flow. I'm sure the Mexicans aren't going to put up with being treated as 2nd class. Neighbor against neighbor. Set 'em up in business, I haven't seen a Mexican Restaurant the last time I was in town. Rivalry will get you no where.
Because you are a cannabal and eat your young does that mean I caused it. We didn't ask you to come you fraudulently criminally crosses the border and lied and cheated to steal a job from an American who pays taxes and you seriously expect us to respect you and treat you well. You should be in prison.
anon

United States

#52 Oct 20, 2008
Hartford CT wrote:
There is no easy solution to this problem. Most illegal aliens come into the United States to make a better life for themselves or their families. They do the menial jobs that others consider beneath them and they work hard for little money often having to live in poor conditions with many others in one house. Illegals aren't a virus dead set to infect the USA, but there are individuals who will - and it doesn't matter what ethnic group they belong to. I think that the gov't should have some kind of program that would eventually make these illegals U.S. citizens. The sooner they become citizens, the sooner they could start paying into the Social Security and Federal Tax system. However, it would have to be set-up that they are working and not another person looking for a free ride. Remember, the United States was built on immigrants and yes, at first they were illegal. A lot of Americans boast that they have a relative that came over on the Mayflower, but did you know that many were indentured servants - people that were indebted or bound to others for a crime that they had committed. I admit I don't know all that was happening in Shenandoah (my father grew up here), and I don't know why there is a Mexican population or why they are illegal. Outwardly it would seem to me that someone had to entice them to come into this specific area of the U.S. and my guess is it was someone looking for free or cheap labor. That's the person to blame. As far as the 3 teenage boys: Children learn and act on what they hear, more so teenagers. I'm sure there are a lot of hostilities against these Mexicans - usually in a group of people the weak get picked on even if all don't agree, they go with the flow. I'm sure the Mexicans aren't going to put up with being treated as 2nd class. Neighbor against neighbor. Set 'em up in business, I haven't seen a Mexican Restaurant the last time I was in town. Rivalry will get you no where.
"Most illegal aliens came to US to make a better life for themselves." give me a break. Who told them its a better life here living as criminals, and theives without rights? Thats a better life than being a responsible citizen in their own country. Why doesn't everyone in Shenandoah just move into the White house because they want a better life. Why did they chose the people of Shenandoah to burden with giving them a better life. Because it has to be given because they can't earn it by lowering work standards and working for whatever. Are they that naive that they think moving some where illegally garantees a better life. Why don't the illegals move to Mexico City for a better life or to the coast? I don't buy it. I think they move here because they hate Americans and are planning riots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Carbon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FA REAL - Liptok et al v. Bank of America 6 hr FOIA PICKLE JAR 22
Thank You for Your Service May 26 Classic Vlassic 5
The Silence is Deafening May 22 Pulling Back the ... 15
Projected Winner KERRY ANSBACH May 19 Pulling Back the ... 4
Klan Rally planned after election in New Philad... May 19 pro life gay bashers 1
Casey, Ansbach and Marchalk win primary contests May 19 court tv 3
Projected Winner MARIA CASEY May 19 ELECTION CENTRAL 1
More from around the web

Port Carbon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]