Comments
3,801 - 3,820 of 3,854 Comments Last updated 41 min ago
frankkoman

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4218
May 30, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
gomer supported
cntstoplaffn

Tolono, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4219
May 30, 2014
 
Frankko my man. Snot rocks. Vote for Pigmydmm. We be gomered..

“I made it home”

Since: Jun 14

Karbers Ridge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4220
Jun 3, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I will support anyone but Patrick Quinn and I am a life long democrat.
george

Tolono, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4221
Jun 3, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Thank you Liam. Patrick is a no good scoundrel sucking our good and hard earned money. And for what!! Heck he doesn't even live in the capital in Springfield. He acts like he is too good to live in Springfield. Vote him out. And I am a longer life long Democrat than you. I voted for Adlai Ewing Stevenson II back in the day. And he couldn't get the support of the Democratic party to run for president. And Barack did? One of Adlai's famous quotes.. And has meaning today. "It's hard to lead a calvary charge if you think you look funny on a horse".. Uh-huh...
Dick Durbin

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4223
Friday Jul 4
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You have to wonder what happened to the meth head "Reagan was a Menace". My guess the moron is back in prison.
Obama Suks

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4224
Friday Jul 4
 
What is your point you illiterate piece of trash.
DogSauce wrote:
I love how the Repubs call the Dems liberals and corrupt, when George Ryan did away with the death penalty in Il, and was sent to prison for corruption.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4225
Friday Jul 4
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Although I find myself agreeing with a litany of reasons posted here as to why people should not vote for Quinn, I still have not heard any persuasive arguments as to why people should vote for Rauner.

Just how much do we know about Rauner anyway?
george

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4226
Saturday Jul 5
 

Judged:

1

1

How much did you know about Blagojevich! Or many other northern polyticians running for office in the Land of Honest Abe? Rauner has $$$$$$$ so he doesn't need to rape the vaults.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4227
Thursday Jul 10
 

Judged:

1

1

1

george wrote:
How much did you know about Blagojevich!
Actually, its a little bizarre you would wonder how much did I "know" about Blagojevich. I started my in depth studies of him when he decided not to live in the Governor's Mansion. Not that I was hoping he would walk by me while I was playing guitar (although I did meet the candidate for Mayor of Springfield a while back while playing by the old State House!), but the content I was consuming was a little different than what most others most likely absorbed about the man.

Did I know him personally? Not even close, but none of us need to be personal acquaintances of a governor to provide fairly accurate observation and commentary about their track record. Blago couldn't bring enough people to the table from multiple sides...reputation of father-in-law lurking in the back rooms and not with a solid backing, etc.
george wrote:
Rauner has $$$$$$$ so he doesn't need to rape the vaults.
Quinn isn't "raping" the vaults and Rauner having $$$$$$ in many ways makes me even more nervous. One does not need the federal examples currently floating around, such as with allegations of insider trading by US Congressmen. We can turn to the City of Harvey for their current SEC issues, let alone Crestwood and 10+ years of falsifying water reports while delivering a sub-standard level of literal product. Many of those who got hooked into the South Suburban Joint Action Water Agency (SSJAWA) made some serious bucks while many received absolutely nothing in return.

I don't think either have the skill-set to navigate three key landscapes at the same time; political, business and private citizen.

Unless you have examples to the contrary?
george

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4228
Thursday Jul 10
 
Well. Now aren't you a so called expert of study. Only thing of reason I can share is that we have only one choice come November. The lessor of the two evils. That's politico in Illinois (AS YOU KNOW). So sticking to my lessor knowledge than thou I proclaim - DO NOT VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT. WE THE PEOPLE have suffered enough over the past four or more elections. Thank you.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4229
Friday Jul 11
 

Judged:

1

1

1

george wrote:
Well. Now aren't you a so called expert of study. Only thing of reason I can share is that we have only one choice come November. The lessor of the two evils.
Well. Not sure why my choosing to be a lifelong and lifetime student deserved a snarky rebuttal...especially when even you have revealed absolutely no fact-based reasoning as to why anyone should vote for anyone in this election. Perhaps you are the one of many who embrace the notion that once school is out, the need for education also ceases to exist, except perhaps as it relates to ones career? And as to why you would diminish your own knowledge set under the light of mine is beyond me. We both carry significantly different degrees of awareness and such differences does not relegate either of us into some "stupid" whirlpool because we lack what the other possesses.

In fact, each time I visit various forums in Topix, I retain hope I will end my time just a little bit smarter and wiser than I was prior to reading the site. More often than not, I do find little nuggets of thought that can weight on my mind for hours or even days...thoughts I would have never otherwise encountered.

In the meantime, back to the issue at hand. Why should (or would) anyone in this state listen to you, or anyone else posting these keyword stuffed generic entries, when it comes to how we should vote? Isn't that part of the problem? Both parties demanding of their constituents unwavering loyalty to the party's candidate and to do what it takes to persuade others to see it their way...even if the voter is opposed to the candidate?

And yet, for the first time in my memory (40+ years worth), we are witnessing how politics could and should work if we reflect upon the current waves of properly placed criticism of our current President by both parties and quite frankly, I believe it is about time! But do you really believe the Republican party would stand against Rauner if he proceeded to sink our state after the election as you claim Quinn has done during his tenancy? On the flipside, the voices of the Democrat party remain staunchly silent in voicing their discontent with the job Quinn has been doing.

I myself have my ears perked as it relates to Quinn's Neighborhood Recovery Initiative program and the multiple investigations attached to the topic. I believe part of why Blago wasn't yanked prior to the election is because of a few laws on the books that prohibit investigations and/or arrests during a certain time period prior to an election. I think the idea behind the law was to ensure the act of investigating candidates wasn't/isn't used as a weapon of some type (incumbent party vs. contesting party), as we are supposed to be an "innocent first" nation. In fact, didn't a candidate drop out of the race due to unproven allegations back at the beginning of the year?

One element that is disconcerting about Quinn winning another election is who he chose for his running mate. I have never been a fan of Vallas, not just because of his failed efforts to improve the Chicago public school system, but because he had no problem hiring former Senator Art Berman after the Senator retired from Illinois Congress and then stayed in the position for a measly 20 months. In fact, Berman is credited with being the first politician in the State to proudly state that he is a multiple pension-collector and that his constituents should have no conflict with it since he is such an amazing "statesman."

So although I just provided a small degree of argument in favor of not voting for Quinn, I will patiently await the contribution of a persuasive argument as to why Rauner is guaranteed to be a better choice for Governor of Illinois over what we have now. Especially since there are more than two candidates running for the office as there are more than 2 parties: Michael Oberline - Constitution Party, Chad Grimm - Libertarian and Scott Summers - Green Party.
george

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4230
Friday Jul 11
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gibberdygook. Snarky rebuttal. Now that we know you are a Quinn supporter, the Gov. who has showed he will allow anything, even beyond reasoning to become law so he can increase his vote count. It won't work for his leadership deceived the people more than once. As for Rauner, not a good millionaire for the people, but in our democracy Rauner will be he next Gov. Oberline, Grimm, and Summers know they will not be in contention. Tell me just who in Chicago and E StLouis would vote for anyone but Quinn. That leaves it to all of middle and southern Illinois to vote for Rauner, even though like I have stated is not the best man for the office. So compose a new song on your guitar and when Rauner moves into the Governor's Mansion he could invite you to play his song of "Saving Illinois" with his invited southern Illinois Republican clan.
mr ridgway

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4231
Friday Jul 11
 

Judged:

2

1

1

george wrote:
Well. Now aren't you a so called expert of study. Only thing of reason I can share is that we have only one choice come November. The lessor of the two evils. That's politico in Illinois (AS YOU KNOW). So sticking to my lessor knowledge than thou I proclaim - DO NOT VOTE FOR AN INCUMBENT. WE THE PEOPLE have suffered enough over the past four or more elections. Thank you.
Yous dont no much bout any thing but pole smokin but you is rite bout only votin for baptist and not imcunbents. I wood add muslins and jues to the list to. democratz is moastley muslins and jues but tea partyers is mostly baptist so they is okay to vote for..
george

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4232
Friday Jul 11
 
Gobberdygook Mr Ridgway. When will the silent majority get out and vote. Thanks to low voter turnouts we get the caliber of crooks we have been living with.

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4233
Friday Jul 11
 

Judged:

3

2

2

george wrote:
Gibberdygook. Snarky rebuttal. Now that we know you are a Quinn supporter
Wow! Not sure how you twisted my observations and comments into my being a Quinn supporter, especially since I didn't vote for him the last time, nor will I in the next election.

In case you try to twist my comment about not voting for him in the next election somehow means I will be voting for Rauner, should the circumstances demand it, I simply will not show up at the polls and allow that act to be my vote...a vote of zero confidence in either candidate. It continues to (slightly) amaze me how the choice to not vote is worthy of vilification and blacklisting rather than all political parties doing what it takes to actually earn the respect and subsequently the votes they so desperately want...and need.

Should you decide to jump at the chance to slice and dice everyone's right to choose not to vote rather than accepting the "lesser of two evils," make no mistake. Should I choose not to vote, I lose none of my rights whatsoever to complain, criticize, scrutinize, and observe no matter how many times people try to bully me into believing otherwise. Many people who get out and vote believe that once they do this, their involvement in the process is over with...until they learn from someone who is busy complaining, criticizing, scrutinizing and observing the current public officials that they have been "betrayed" by the person they voted for.

I know what I have done to help improve the conditions of our state irrelevant of the person in office or even how many votes they gathered and I know whether I vote or not this next election, I will continue to dedicate a portion of my efforts towards such improvements and no, I will not spend time on this forum listing any of my activities...except for one.

It was my complaining and criticizing that eventually motivated one of the more bent southwest suburbs to publish their municipal code book online, as well as their meeting minutes and agendas. In addition, I am currently working on aiding other local municipalities to accomplish the same legal obligation these local governments and I won't quit until every single law book being used and applied in this State on a local level is not only available online, but is archived in paper form as well.

This is a task that the Governor of Illinois must embrace and Quinn has a poor record of supporting the most basic of transparency issues in the state. If you believe Rauner would support such a move, then perhaps it would be worth it to me to consider voting for him. But it takes more than one issue to bring me to the voting booths and I'm not sure how effective he can be if we remain a trifecta state.

So thank you for your response. It has been duly noted.

P.S. No thanks necessary, by the way. Just doing what any engaged citizen of the United States should do when confronted with some form of the pay to play schematics in Illinois...no matter who they did or did not vote for!
george

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4234
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That is what the booth is for. Cast your vote in privacy, but by golly, get out there and vote (ONCE). And encourage your white collar friends and acquaintances to do so as well. For it is known, all the folks on state aid and the unemployment rolls VOTE... Facts are facts. Live with what has occurred yet it is not too late to turn the ship around. TY

“2nd Time Trying Topix Account”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4235
Saturday Jul 12
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thank you to whoever voted my last comment "mean" and "racy."

I have duly noted your opinion.

In addition, it's good to know that at least one of the 18 trackers attached to the Topix.com site will receive this vote for their records, let alone how it will inevitably rank in the search engines.

I'd hate for my world-wide digital footprint to stay as shallow and empty as it was prior to your vote.

Does this mean I can consider myself one of the popular ones since someone took the time to vote on one of my comments?
newpoly

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4236
Sunday Jul 13
 
You are popular, yet mean and racy I reckon. Hopefully you as well as the 18 trackers and many more stay at home eligible voters get out and vote in November.
Green

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4237
Wednesday Jul 16
 
Someone that works for a honest living and drives a tractor
Nono

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4238
Thursday Jul 17
 
Anybody can drive a tractor. How about someone who really knows how to work and milks cows seven days a week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Byron Discussions

Search the Port Byron Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min truthrconsequences 49,034
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nono 6,594
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 1,882
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 20 hr Chicagobunny 528
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Jul 3 Chicagobunny 143
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Chicagobunny 113
•••
•••
•••
•••

Port Byron Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port Byron People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Port Byron News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Port Byron
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••