Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,306

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49269 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/ adoption-statistics/
i didnt see the word gay in there anywhere
so what is your point ?
Let me guess you're going to say gays didn't give birth to any adopted kids ?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49270 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in sin and judgement. Satan is a bedtime story, and I don't pray to Santa clause. God loves and accepts me just the way I am. God is love.
Thank you for your post, sincerely.
can't believe in God unless you believe in the devil or did you miss the book of Revelations ?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#49271 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
to answer your question ( and should answer mine too )
YES i do indeed expect GAYS to build hospitals, homeless shelters, women abuse centers, feed the poor places, etc YES i do expect GAYS to also do that.
Then you're ignorant of reality. Gay people work in those hospitals, homeless shelters, women's shelters, and food kitchens. They're too small a minority, too persecuted a minority, and too separate a group to be building them.
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49272 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> For civil union to be recognized by the federal law all it takes is a few votes from the house and senate. That is what the gays should be pushing for instead of waiting for each state legalize gay marriage that could take the next 50 years. I bet civil union marriage could be federal law in all 50 states before the next election, if gays wasn't so busy trying to step on Christian's toes.
No one cares about Christians toes. WE DONT CARE!!!! Why is that so hard to get through? I guess all the peoples that straights tried to oppress should have just taken their scraps and accepted less. Not today.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49273 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she didn't. The couple was anonymous until THEY came forward. The waitress was trying to get attention for herself and have people feel sorry for her, not to intimidate anyone.
it did intimidate them.
they certainly are going to think twice about going to any restaurant especially that one ever again.
And that is what defines intimidation.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49274 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> For civil union to be recognized by the federal law all it takes is a few votes from the house and senate. That is what the gays should be pushing for instead of waiting for each state legalize gay marriage that could take the next 50 years. I bet civil union marriage could be federal law in all 50 states before the next election, if gays wasn't so busy trying to step on Christian's toes.
Excuse me if I reject what YOU think gay people should do. Do you really think civil unions for gay couples can make it through the House? They just fought to uphold DOMA.

And if Christians weren't so busy trying to legalize discrimination against gay people, you might not get your toes stepped on by the court. But then, what do Christians have if you take away their persecution complex? You guys pick a fight and then whine when someone fights back.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49275 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it did intimidate them.
they certainly are going to think twice about going to any restaurant especially that one ever again.
hahahaahah
ahhahaahah

Is that right? When did you interview them?
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49276 Jan 24, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, how do you intend to verify that there will indeed be disappointed people on "judgment day?" Are you going to come back and gives us a report?
The time to spread the word in now, not after it's to late. My info comes from the bible, the best source of info there is. Live by gods word or die by gods word. God give you that choice.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49277 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
can't believe in God unless you believe in the devil or did you miss the book of Revelations ?
Says who? You are supremely uneducated. Jews don't believe in the devil.
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49278 Jan 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did.
How is denying someone service because they're gay different than denying someone service because they're black or because they're a Christian?
You can pretend there is one all you want.

But the civil rights movement was and still is entirely different then the gay rights movement.

i don't recall gays every being sold in America. Their family forced apart. Forced to work.

you think just because a baker turn down business that makes it like the civil rights movement
Ace

Christopher, IL

#49279 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares about Christians toes. WE DONT CARE!!!! Why is that so hard to get through? I guess all the peoples that straights tried to oppress should have just taken their scraps and accepted less. Not today.
Lol, but the people that has the power to make/change the laws of the land cares about the christian vote.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49280 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
to answer your question ( and should answer mine too )
YES i do indeed expect GAYS to build hospitals, homeless shelters, women abuse centers, feed the poor places, etc YES i do expect GAYS to also do that.
read enough of my post you'll come to the easy conclusion i'm very serious and sincere.
Now explain to me why any GAY hospital, homeless shelter, woman abuse center, etc cannot revel they were built by gays. Because that is just laughable. Gays have have NOT ever built anything to help everyone in need. Not once. Prove me wrong. I'm waiting.
yet GAYS are quick to criticize the one group well known for doing those things CHRISTIANS.
And you expect respect ? Try EARNING it.
"Gays have never built anything to help everyone in need?" Really? Tell me, how did you get to be an expert about all things gay? Do you just make this shit up as you go or have you spent time in the field doing research?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#49281 Jan 24, 2014
Angel wrote:
If you put a thousand gay people on one side of a field, and a thousand straight people on the other side of the same field,....
I was going to say that what you would have is a slimmer, healthier, cleaner, wealthier, happier group on the side with the gay people.
Which is true but...
What you'd really have is two thousand human beings. Two thousand people, who all have the same daily needs of food and love, who all would probably do the right thing given the chance, who all are perfect in Gods eyes, and who all are the same.
And in the end, ll I can say is, I pray that you get all the love and blessings you deserve.
can i buy property on the straight side of the fence ?
if so i want the farthest away from the fence on the straight side i can get.
i like this idea even better then your gay = civil rights movement idea

Location hidden

#49282 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
it did intimidate them.
And that is what defines intimidation.
No, it isn't. Having a lying waitress isn't intimidation.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49283 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> The time to spread the word in now, not after it's to late. My info comes from the bible, the best source of info there is. Live by gods word or die by gods word. God give you that choice.
You are free to believe whatever you like. No one else is required to live by your silly buybull fairy tales. And you have NO PROOF that your buybull is "god's word."
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#49284 Jan 24, 2014
I walk the Earth just as they planned
Baptized in fire for my ancient land
The coming curse, your anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
I vindicate and cleanse the Earth of all mankind

For many years, I've walked among you
Through the folds of time and space
Kingdoms fall, leaders die, as I see fit
I devour souls of those that pose a threat

I walk the Earth another day
The wicked one that comes this way
Savior to my own, devil to some
Mankind falls, something wicked comes

I bide my time planning your fate
With bated breath, The Elder wait
The coming curse, your anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
For your crimes on our kind you all will die

Forged in the sacred flames
On the sixth day
Of the sixth month
In the sixth hour

I am your anti-Christ, I will destroy mankind
Born of the beast and flames
I will devour, I will divide

Hellfire rages in my eyes
Blood will fall like rain this night
The coming curse, the anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
I vindicate and cleanse the Earth of all mankind

After the success of The Dark Saga, many were curious to see what steps Iced
Earth would take to further elevate their position within the metal scene.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#49285 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
But the civil rights movement was and still is entirely different then the gay rights movement.
i don't recall gays every being sold in America. Their family forced apart. Forced to work.
you think just because a baker turn down business that makes it like the civil rights movement
...oh, I see.... because slavery is what determines civil rights....

You must have been a joy in law school.

Location hidden

#49286 Jan 24, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you tell me the difference between them? What is the difference between denying someone service for being gay, black, or Christian?
Earth Angel wrote:
So they have to be enslaved for their complaints to be valid? Is that what you're saying?
Earth Angel wrote:
That's only one symptom. They can also be fired or kicked out of housing just for being gay. Many have to hide the fact that they're gay or they'll face punishment. They aren't allowed to marry in many states. They are constantly demonized by a large portion of the population.

You can argue about the degree of how they're mistreated, but on a fundamental level we're talking about the same thing: a hated minority with little power being treated poorly by a majority group.

Location hidden

#49287 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> The time to spread the word in now, not after it's to late. My info comes from the bible, the best source of info there is.
The Bible says the Earth is a flat disc covered by a solid dome that has the Sun, Moon, and stars stuck on it.

Yeah, "best source of info".
Angel

Aurora, CO

#49288 Jan 24, 2014
Ace wrote:
<quoted text> The time to spread the word in now, not after it's to late. My info comes from the bible, the best source of info there is. Live by gods word or die by gods word. God give you that choice.
The bible isn't for everyone, it's for Christians. And that's ok, the bible isn't American and has nothing to do with gay marriage. Unless your Christian, in which case you have nothing to do with gay marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Byron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Update on Jason Van Houtte sex trial (Apr '10) Sep '14 UT Grad 37
72-year-old woman arrested for unpaid seatbelt ... (Jan '14) Feb '14 kev 2
Police arrest 72-year-old dementia patient for ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 lolol 3
Giant bicyclist rolling into Port Byron, IL (Jul '13) Nov '13 Craig Hollister 2
James A. 'Jim' Sterling 1945-2013 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Mike Knudsen 1
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Port Byron, IL (Aug '11) Aug '11 Darrell 1
Who do you support for County Clerk in Illinois... (Oct '10) Oct '10 MM 11
Port Byron Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web