Teenage Girl Dies In Fiery Crash Near Port Angeles

A 17-year-old girl died in a fiery crash east of Port Angeles. The State Patrol says Haley Haller of Port Angeles was killed at the scene early Sunday when the 2001 Lexus sedan she was driving slammed into a ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Out of county mom

Bainbridge Island, WA

#1 Apr 4, 2006
When are the adults/parents in this town going to wake up and do something about their children's drinking and running around until all hours of the morning??? Home many of your kids have to get into trouble before your community starts to care???
Concerned

Bensenville, IL

#2 Apr 4, 2006
Out of county mom wrote:
When are the adults/parents in this town going to wake up and do something about their children's drinking and running around until all hours of the morning??? Home many of your kids have to get into trouble before your community starts to care???
So... you are assuming she was drinking?? Do you know where assuming gets you.
Out of county mom

Bainbridge Island, WA

#3 Apr 6, 2006
In response to Concerned...lived there. I know there is a lot of underage drinking in that community. Bored kids, under informed parents, lack of concern by the community in general. Left there because I got tired of seeing these kind of things happen & no one caring.
Small town kid

Seattle, WA

#4 Apr 10, 2006
I'm kind of offended at that statement, as an "underage" person in Port Angeles.
She wasn't drinking, just so you know.

Underaged drinking happens everywhere. I know which kids drink, and I don't blame it on "boredom" necessarily, and certainly not on lack of concern by the community.
I don't believe that it is a huge problem here, and it was NOT a factor in Haley's death.

No one gets anywhere by assumptions and blanket statements.
Shannon

Port Angeles, WA

#5 Apr 10, 2006
I believe that this is the doing of her parents. What are they thinking allowing a high school student out all night! This girl and her parents deserve this, maybe people will start figuring out that these kids are going to continue killing themselves and innocent people unless they start educating, communicating, and taking control of their children!
Small town kid

Seattle, WA

#6 Apr 11, 2006
Shannon wrote:
I believe that this is the doing of her parents. What are they thinking allowing a high school student out all night! This girl and her parents deserve this, maybe people will start figuring out that these kids are going to continue killing themselves and innocent people unless they start educating, communicating, and taking control of their children!
Wow, you just said that a young girl deserved to die. I don't think ANYONE deserves to die because they are a little mixed up, a little scared. That's goes too far.
dawn

Port Angeles, WA

#7 Apr 12, 2006
I t sounds like she was scared and ran it was a chocie that caused her her life.The other kids will learn from that to bad it has to be by the expence of another life.
dawn

Port Angeles, WA

#8 Apr 12, 2006
Shannon wrote:
YOUR AN EVIL PERSON!YOUR KIDS MUST BE BEHIND LOCK AND KEY.
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#9 Apr 22, 2006
In response to small town kid...sorry you're offended, but the truth hurts. The community of PA is one I chose to leave from first hand experience living there. I grew up in a small town and when teens don't have enough things to do, they do stupid things with serious consequences. And when their parents don't have enough smarts to follow up on who their kid is with and what they're doing even worse things happen. Examples? How about the 15yr.old girl that was killed after partying at the Chinook hotel? Or maybe the 18yr. old that killed a 52yr. old man in a hit and run accident? Now this 17yr. old? These things all happened within months of each other. Not a good track record for a small town. Don't think these things are problems? Check out the teen pregnancy rate for Jefferson County...it's higher then the State average and climbing. Ummmmm...maybe, just maybe PA needs to wake up!! It's why I left that town...I don't want my kids there. It's no longer a healthy environment to raise a child in.
Old lady in boots

Columbia, MO

#10 Apr 22, 2006
How dare you wade in on this family and this community and their grief with your inaccurate judgements? You said she was drunk and you were wrong. I say you are a bigot (look it up in the dictionary) and I am right. The only good thing you did for Port Angeles was to leave it. Good luck raising your family. Perfection is important to strive for, but is impossible without compassion.
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#11 Apr 23, 2006
In response to Old lady in boots...if you read the start of this thread carefully, you'll see that I did not say the girl in the above news article was drunk. I posted only after reading about ALL of tragedies in this town in the past few months. My comment just happened to fall with news article. My information came straight from the PA paper and court quotes. There was drinking at the Chinook hotel where the 15yr. who was murdered was at. Drug use as well. The 18yr.male that hit and killed the 52yr.old man was accused by the prosecuting attorney of having been drinking, smoking pot, and speeding. 2 of 3 had alcohol reported as being factors. To my knowledge, nothing was ever released by the State Patrol as to whether or not this girl had alcohol on board or not. And if you'd like to check for yourself as to my accuracy about the pregnancy rate in Jefferson county...well, guess what? I can send you a link for that information as well! Jefferson county health dept. has some pretty interesting statistics if you'd ever care to become informed! I stand by my statements, and whether you like it or not, so do the legal statistics.
Old lady in boots

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2006
I don't live in Vashon. Have no idea why that was posted. I have lived on the Peninsula for over 30 years & am well aware of the pregnancy rate & am a member of Planned Parenthood. Critics are all over, much like barking dogs. Just seems to me the world will be better served by working HARD towards solutions than critcizing communities when they are grieving. You voted with your feet & moved to some wonderful place where there is no crime, unwed moms, drugs, teen drinking, etc. Good for you. Your kids are safe. Isn't that what we all dream of for our children? Better not tell anyone where it is though. Who knows who might move in next door.
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#13 Apr 25, 2006
I lived in PA for 15yrs. & with 2 soon-to-be teens my husband & I both felt it was in their best interest to leave. Unlike you, I believe barking dogs, and critics, serve their purpose. Barking dogs alert us to the dangers they sense. So can critics. I was very interested to read that you were a member of Planned Parenthood. An organization that's been around a very long time. I'd be interested to read your opinions/ideas as to why the pregnancy rate in PA, & Sequim too, is higher than the Washington state average. Thoughts???
Old lady in boots

United States

#14 Apr 26, 2006
You win. I do not have the answers. Do you? Go ahead & bark. It evidently makes you feel like you are doing something. Bye.
unknown

San Diego, CA

#15 Apr 29, 2006
to the out of country mom in seattle,WA your retarted i would rather raise my kids in a small town so there not getting into gangs and anywhere in the states theres high pregnancys. first of all its not about pregnancys. its about a girl dieing of young age she wasnt drinking or on drugs so whats your point on dissing Port Angeles,WA i grew up there and im going to raise my kids there .your dumb and your kids are going to end up on crack cause you moved from a small great tow to cracked out seattle. HAVE FUN RASING YOUR KIDS THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#16 May 1, 2006
To Unknown from San Diego...I don't know why it was posted that I'm from Seattle. It's wrong and that's not where I live. Secondly, read the thread. I didn't say the above girl was drinking or high. Read the Saturday April 22nd post I made. The teens in PA are in trouble. I stand by that statement. When you read the whole thread, then maybe you'll figure it out.
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#17 May 1, 2006
Parents of 62 children in Port Angeles and Sequim, 17 in Forks and six in Port Townsend had their children put into foster care in 2005 alone, according to state Children and Family Services.

That's more than double the total in 2004 for Port Angeles and Sequim, and compares with no meth-related foster care cases in Port Townsend in 2004.

There are already 23 foster-care cases in 2006, each of which apply to an individual child, said Maureen Martin, social work supervisor for Children and Family Services in Port Angeles.

Sixteen parents are involved -- 10 single moms, one single dad and five two-parent households in Port Angeles and Sequim, she said.

Twenty of the 23 parents are addicted to meth, including a ``vast majority'' of the single moms, Martin said.

Meth is the major factor in the majority of cases on the North Olympic Peninsula, said Mike Heard, the agency's regional supervisor for Port Angeles, Port Townsend, Sequim, Forks and Shelton.

``I guess it's in 70 percent to 80 percent of our cases,'' he said.
Out of county mom

Seattle, WA

#18 May 1, 2006
Unknown in San Diego...you'd better look at the 2nd post as well & think hard before taking your kids back to the PA/Sequim area.
unknown

San Diego, CA

#19 May 1, 2006
to out of town mom didnt you say on april 11 she and her family desserved it. a young innnocent girl died . you have no sympathy for the family. thats really nice her family could of read what you sed. thats freaken mean. you are an awfull woman and you will get what you desserve.
unknown

San Diego, CA

#20 May 1, 2006
meth is going to all the states pretty fas. it hs been the fastest drug to hit united states. are you sure your not one of the parents out of 20. cause you sure dont have respect for her family and i hope you get addicted to your drug..........
and once someone dies in your family im going to tell you desserve the pain and sadness........ next time you should keep your shit to your self cause i bet her family is very upset and sad and just to let you know i knew the girl and she was an allrite kid....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music anyone? (Jun '13) Dec '14 Texas Pete 7
Corruption in Clallam County. (Feb '09) Oct '14 ronirogers 27
Joe Soucheray: The mind of the winter bicyclist (Jan '11) Oct '14 BoHawg 104
Fire in recycling area at Port Townsend Paper mill (May '13) Oct '14 Have A Koch And A... 2
Yes, riders should pay more to use Washington f... (Aug '13) Oct '14 Ghost of Jeb 3
Want a woman Sep '14 Batmanforlife 1
Review: Montevista Medicinal Herb Farm Inc Sep '14 rachel 1

Port Angeles News Video

Port Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:51 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:51AM
Will Russell Wilson do Dancing With The Stars if Seahawks win?
NBC Sports11:01 AM
Rob Gronkowski on Jeremy Lane saying he's not that good: "It may" tick me off
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
NFL11:52 AM
Gronkowski, Darrelle Revis won't take Seahawks' bait
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Vince Wilfork: Marshawn Lynch "hands down" the best running back in football