Victims in I-59 wreck identified

Jun 16, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hattiesburg American

Two South Mississippi youngsters died Saturday afternoon in a two-vehicle accident on Interstate 59 near Lumberton. via Hattiesburg American

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brenda carver and family

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

We r truly sorry for the lose of Hannah. We will miss her. The whole family is praying for all she left behind.
Kacey Noller

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

Judged:

It's really hard when you lose a loved one... harder when you lose two... even more so when they are children. My condolences to both families. God has a divine plan for each of us though.. and you just never know when he's going to call us home. Both families are in my prayers. ... No words can make this situation any better.. only time will heal them.
BNNC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2007

Judged:

Were these children in the truck or the trailer?
Angry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

If they were in the trailer. The driver should be prosecuted! In most states it is illegal for trailers to carry passemgers. I know - because we traveled all over and chose a motor home because of that law. Even if not illegal it is an incompetent parent that allows it. Maybe people that dumb should not have children. Maybe that's God" s devine plan. THink about it.
Kacey Noller

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

Angry wrote:
If they were in the trailer. The driver should be prosecuted! In most states it is illegal for trailers to carry passemgers. I know - because we traveled all over and chose a motor home because of that law. Even if not illegal it is an incompetent parent that allows it. Maybe people that dumb should not have children. Maybe that's God" s devine plan. THink about it.
whoa whoa... settle down. The children were in the truck wearing their seat belts. This is exactly how rumors get started! The paper even makes it sound like Heather was at fault. She wasn't at all. The Elderly man driving the tahoe came over on her. and if you've ever pulled a horse trailer you know that you can't stop on a dime. Heather tried to slow down and swerve to miss the tahoe... then lost control. Don't make assumptions. The families are going through enough w/o you saying ridiculous things like she wasn't a good parent. It was just a freak accident.
MANDY LYERLY

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ ONE OF THE PAPERS IT STATES THAT THE DRIVER AND THE CHILDREN WERE PINNED IN THE TRUCK. BEFORE YOU START SAYING STUPID COMMENTS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOU NEED TO GET THE REAL STORY FIRST. THAT COMMENT CAN CAUSE EVEN MORE PAIN TO HEATHER AND ALL OF US. SHE WAS A GREAT MOTHER AND WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO PUT HER CHILD OR ANYONE ELSE'S CHILD IN DANGER. IF YOU CANT GIVE YOUR CONDOLENCES TO BOTH FAMILY THEN KEEP ALL OTHER COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF.
friend of the family

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

My thoughts and prayers are with Heather and both families. Nothing can be said or done to make your pain go away. All anyone can do is be there for you and pray. As i said before, my thoughts & prayers are with you all. My condolences go out to both families.
Interesting

Diberville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

My deepest and most heart felt condolences to the families. It is such a tragedy. The loss of a child is truly one of the most devastating things that can occur in one's life.

And to that IDIOT, Angry, Get a life or slither back under that rock you crawled out from under!!
The Smith Family

Metairie, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved. We were very saddened to hear the tragic news. May you find comfort in the LOrd's loving arms. God Bless.
Desiree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

Picture yourself driving down the interstate with your cruise control set 5 miles below the speed limit because you are trying to be careful while pulling a horsetrailer (with horse inside). You come over a hill to find someone has pulled off the shoulder of the road. No, a truck and trailer do not stop on a dime. While trying to avoid locking up your breaks but still trying to stop, you move to the left hand lane, and find the person you are trying to avoid is moving to the left hand lane as well trying to get out of the way. The only place to go is the median. Try keeping the truck and trailer from flipping over and straddle the bottom of the median as your trying to stop. You are still sliding because of the downhill slope. Straight ahead of you is a wall of brush that you can't see over. On the other side of the wall is a 50 foot drop. No, it was not Heather's falt. She did what she thought was the right thing at the right time. She did not know there was a culvert on the other side of that bush. Hanah and Wesley were doing something that weekend they all loved, working with the horses and enjoying each other's company. No, Heather was not at fault.
Both families have my love and prayers.
Bran Bran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

My heart is breaking for both families. It was just a tragic accident, and Heather would never have intentionally harmed her child or anyone else's. Anyone that really knows her, knows that. Wes was her whole world.

Wes and Hannah..spread your wings and fly free sweet babies. We love you and miss you very much.
The Roussells Carriere

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

Our prays are with everyone. Hanah and Wesley were very blessed to have wonderful parents who truly cared. I had the opportunity this past school year to meet Hanah. She was the sweetest, most sincere, and caring young lady that you could ever meet. She had a passion for riding and reading. This was apparent because she excelled at both. She and Wesley will be missed this school year. God has a special place in Heaven for these children.
HUSgirl

Kirkland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2007

Judged:

We pull horse trailers all over the country and know firsthand how drivers will totally disregard the room you need to slow down and stop. My heart goes out to the families involved.
denise mcinnis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

my thoughts are with you heather. i know you were a wonderful mother.may god hold you tightly in his loving arms.former co-worker south central laurel ms
Kacey Noller

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Judged:

Hanah Victoria Irene Dillard

The Picayune Item

PICAYUNE— Funeral services will be held Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 3 p.m. in the Central Baptist Church in McNeill, Miss. for Hanah Victoria Irene Dillard, 12, of Carriere, Miss. who passed away Saturday, June 16, 2007 in Purvis, Miss.
Burial will be in the Rolling Hills Baptist Church Cemetery under the direction of McDonald Funeral Home in Picayune.
The Rev. Billy Galloway will officiate at the service.
A native of Picayune, she was a student at Pearl River Central and a member of the Central Baptist Church in McNeill. She was also a member of The Center Stage Dance Group. Hanah was an avid horse lover, excellent rider and barrel racer. The oldest of four children, she was adored by her three brothers.
Survivors include: her parents, Kevin and Stacey Love Dillard; three brothers, Bryce, Josh and Ryan all of Carriere; grandparents, Kenneth and Sheryl Dillard, Sr., of McNeill, Bill Love of Picayune and Vickie Love and Ronald Hooper of Falls Church, Va.; great-grandparents, A.J. and Patricia Mazingo of Picayune and Frances Love of Picayune; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
Visitation will be held on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 from 6-9 p.m. in the Central Baptist Church in McNeill.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be made to the Hanah Dillard account at 1st National Bank of Picayune.
www.mcdonaldfh.com

Hanah Victoria Irene Dillard The Picayune Item

Wesley William Goodwin
The Picayune Item

PICAYUNE — Wesley William Goodwin, 6, of Picayune, passed away on Saturday, June 16, 2007 in Hattiesburg. He was born on August 15, 2000 in Vossburg, Miss. He was a member of St. Charles Bomerro Catholic Church in Picayune.

Wesley was a true cowboy who loved his horses, cows, fishing and shot his first deer last year. He was an honor roll student at South Hancock School in Kiln. Miss.

He is preceded in death by his grandfathers, Morris Lott and John B. Goodwin.

He is survived by his parents, Edward and Heather Lott Goodwin of Vossburg; grandparents, Maria Lott of Picayune, Martha and Howard Hollway of Vossburg; great grandmothers, Juanita Loup of Diamondhead, Miss., and Ethel Lee Lott of Bay St. Louis; aunts and uncles, Tess Wheat of Austin, Texas, John A. Goodwin of Vossburg, and a host of great aunts and uncles.

The visitation is Wednesday, June 20, 2007 from 9:30 -10:30 a.m. at St. Charles Bomerro Catholic Church in Picayune with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. The visitation at Wright Funeral Home will be Wednesday night from 6-9 p.m. in Quitman, Miss. Interment will be on Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 10:30 a.m. in West Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Vossburg.

Edmond Fahey Funeral Home in Bay St. Louis is in charge of the arrangements.

Wesley William Goodwin None/The Picayune Item

Heidi Thomas

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

Judged:

My thoughts and prayers are with both families for the loss of both children. Heather just because i dont get to see you very often does not mean your not thought of or prayed for. May god help you through this awful time in your life, and remember my older sister heather will watch over both children in heaven. Love you.....
BNNC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2007

The question was asked because of the way it was worded in the article.
A Friend

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

My heart goes out to these families. I have known Heather since she was a little girl herself and we were showing horses together.
allison smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

i was a close friend of hannahs she wasa beatiful girl when i heard about it all i could think was what did she do she should still be here with us enjoying her summer but then i thought to my self she in in a better place but it is still heard without her well all i can say is that i love hanah and she in still with me no matter what
Rebecca Cunningham Wasson

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2007

Stacy, Kevin and the entire family. I was truly sorry to hear of your horrible loss. Grandma always kept me up to date on the goings on in the family so although I had not seen you all since Hannah was a baby I feel as though I knew her. I know that God will give you the strength you need to get through this. Just call upon Him when you think you can't take another step and He will carry you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of75
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Poplarville Discussions

Search the Poplarville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Former boxer Lucas dies in Burlington (Jul '10) Wed Edward Leach 4
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Jul 5 the dark lord 1,960
Armed robbery Jul 4 Sandra Delaune 1
Man injured when homemade explosive malfunctions Jun 26 gulf 1
Review: Keith's Superstore 187 Jun 26 Madmetal74 3
Shrimpers reporting large numbers as shrimp sea... Jun 18 local 1
Bad weather piles up debris on coastal beaches Jun 18 engaging conversation 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Poplarville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000