2 ordered to stand trial in 1999 Missouri killing

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2012, KFVS12 story titled 2 ordered to stand trial in 1999 Missouri killing. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

The Poplar Bluff Daily American Republic reports that 44-year-old Johnny Austin and 41-year-old Henry Rice Jr., both of Qulin, are charged with second-degree murder in the death of 33-year-old Carla Ann Austin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
JUSTICE

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Jul 18, 2012
Its about time!!!!!!!!!!
Truth Teller

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2012
My bet is there will be two more that stand trial for the crime. Melissa and Tracy's cases just have not advanced to the same point as Johnny Austin and Henry Rice, at least not yet. Just wait and see at their next court appearance. They'll be in the same status and Baggett may be in the worst situation of the four. Remember she has that little piece of extra baggage called "1st degree murder" hanging in the background.
just someone

Farmington, MO

#3 Jul 18, 2012
Truth Teller wrote:
My bet is there will be two more that stand trial for the crime. Melissa and Tracy's cases just have not advanced to the same point as Johnny Austin and Henry Rice, at least not yet. Just wait and see at their next court appearance. They'll be in the same status and Baggett may be in the worst situation of the four. Remember she has that little piece of extra baggage called "1st degree murder" hanging in the background.
how about you just wait and see
justice

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jul 18, 2012
One waived her Prelim Hearing according to case net.
Truth Teller

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2012
just someone wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you just wait and see
I certainly will wait .....like everyone else....ntil the it is over and they're all in prison!
Truth Teller

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2012
justice wrote:
One waived her Prelim Hearing according to case net.
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can do that. I believe you may be able to wave arraignment, but not the preliminary hearing. That is unless you prematurely enter a guilty plea or an Alford plea.
case net

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Jul 18, 2012
That is what it says on casenet.com
case net

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Jul 18, 2012
Arraignment hearing for Rea is set for August 7th.
Truth Teller

United States

#9 Jul 18, 2012
case net wrote:
That is what it says on casenet.com
I'm wrong...you're right. Darn it, you're always right.

"File received from Associate Circuit Judge John Bloodworth after defendant waived her preliminary hearing."

I didn't know you could do that........
concerned citizen

Euless, TX

#10 Jul 18, 2012
can anyone attend the trials?
Truth Teller

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
can anyone attend the trials?
Yep, the trials are public. These may be crowded since there has been so much publicity. And then you always take the chance of getting there, waiting and it gets postponed or delayed. But you can go sit in the court room.
American

Kansas City, MO

#12 Jul 18, 2012
I hope if they are guilty, that they all get prosecuted. I hope they don't let anyone off because they talked on the others. If they were all there then they knew about it all this time and didn't say anything until arrested.
Let Justice Prevail

Farmington, MO

#13 Jul 18, 2012
American wrote:
I hope if they are guilty, that they all get prosecuted. I hope they don't let anyone off because they talked on the others. If they were all there then they knew about it all this time and didn't say anything until arrested.
They will all turn on each other just like the animals that they are, no, I take that back because I LIKE animals!
justice

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Jul 19, 2012
let justice be served!!!!
Girl

Campbell, MO

#15 Jul 19, 2012
Y dont everybody shut the ....up mind ur own bussiness and worry bout ur selves
too bad

Euless, TX

#16 Jul 19, 2012
Girl wrote:
NOPE NO ONE WILL SHUT UP UNTIL THERE IS JUSTICE FOR CARLA AND CLOSURE FOR HER GIRLS!!
Girl

Euless, TX

#17 Jul 19, 2012
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE NO ONE WILL SHUT UP UNTIL THERE IS JUSTICE FOR CARLA AND CLOSURE FOR HER GIRLS!!
everybody deserves to know the truth but its been 13 yrs just leave it alone let s... B
just someone

Euless, TX

#18 Jul 19, 2012
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE NO ONE WILL SHUT UP UNTIL THERE IS JUSTICE FOR CARLA AND CLOSURE FOR HER GIRLS!!
well maybe the girls ought to ask for closure on their dad's death
Girl

Euless, TX

#19 Jul 19, 2012
U must not b friends but i am with sum of them and sorry for their loss but they r going threw it all over again and thats not fair either
business

Qulin, MO

#20 Jul 19, 2012
Girl wrote:
It is our business when we live in a town where murderers are still reeking havoc, and has taught his son to be the exact same way. He was egging the girls to fight on a video on facebook, just like daddy austin was egging the girls to fight waaay back then, I read the story in the paper, I hope justice is swift! But I am guessing they will have to file for a motion to change of venue, cause a jury here will surely make them swing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memories of growing up in the Bluff (Sep '09) 5 min Former Resident 641
Tim Reidhead 7 min Lucifer 1
Keith Wilcut 8 min Lucifer 1
What's wrong with Angela Pearson 13 min old friend 6
Smokers are just Trash (Jun '14) 52 min 420blaze 21
Dr. Hoja 1 hr Sis 22
Message For Poplar , Bluff Missouri Police Chie... 1 hr Real_Deal 6
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE