First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Euless, TX

#1 Jun 26, 2012
I've just moved to poplar bluff and looking for a good Mexican place to eat. People have told me about las margaritas and tios. Las margaritas is closer to my house so I was wondering what everyone thinks about it? Thanks!

Since: Jun 12

Euless, TX

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Tios is worth the extra drive. It is not that much farther.

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jun 27, 2012
The food isn't that much different, to be honest. I think the people who run Tios used to work at Las Margaritas. Both are good.
Go Away

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jun 27, 2012
MEin2012 wrote:
Tios is worth the extra drive. It is not that much farther.
Oh BS. Its all the same [good as hell mind you]but tios is no better.
tios by far

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Jun 27, 2012
Have eaten at Las Margaritas, but not Tios. I have heard that Tios is much better, service and everything. Didn't care much for Las Margaritas. Plus, we were overcharged twiced.
tios by far

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Jun 27, 2012
Oops. I meant twice.

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 27, 2012
I've eaten at Las Margaritas for years, regularly, and have never been overcharged. The food and service at both places are very similar. Both are good.
HMMM

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Jun 27, 2012
I like Myas myself. But dont really have any compliants about any of the Mexican Rest. in town.
tios by far

Poplar Bluff, MO

#9 Jun 27, 2012
Notice what is getting judged harshly on here. Those for Tios. I wonder...
tios by far

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Jun 27, 2012
Go Away wrote:
<quoted text>Oh BS. Its all the same [good as hell mind you]but tios is no better.
Matter of opinion! I think Tios must be better. Why else are we on here?
church guy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Jun 27, 2012
Rice, beans, flour, corn meal, and the cheapest cuts of meat you can find.

Every Mexican restaurant anywhere you go....
bluff fan

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Jun 27, 2012
You are just a wonderful person, aren't you church guy. Where do you go to church? I want to make sure I never visit.
church guy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Jun 27, 2012
bluff fan wrote:
You are just a wonderful person, aren't you church guy. Where do you go to church? I want to make sure I never visit.
You go to church?

Yes I am a wonderful human being with a plethora of interests and experience that I am generously offering for the edification of all.

Go to any Mexican restaurant and pick a number. Don't look at the menu just order then when it comes out see what you are eating.

Hint? It will be a combination of; rice, beans, flour, cornmeal and a cheap meat....

You are mighty welcome. Now you know and can open your own restaurant to go along with the glut we already have....
Word

Qulin, MO

#15 Jun 27, 2012
I agree with most on this thread. While I personally eat at Los Mas most of the time every place in town is extremely similar. Only real variation from place to place is the free salsa appetizer so find the salsa you like and stick with it. The only really different place is El Acoroiris. It's more like home cooked authentic Mexican cuisine. I personally love it but have heard mixed reviews from friends. I love that they offer sopes and that is what keeps me coming back.

The same rules apply for Chinese restraunts here. Either Mexican or Chinese you're getting cheap quality and decent prices for plenty of food. It's satisfying but not something to base a diet on.
hallicon

United States

#16 Jun 27, 2012
For a lil diffrent variety go to tios. For speedy service the best chips and salsa and nest tasting food go to el acaulpulco hands down. Mayas and las mas sucks in my opinion.
what I think

Greenbrier, AR

#17 Jun 27, 2012
The food is all about the same, but the service at Maya's & El Acapulco is the best.
Honest review

Bloomfield, MO

#18 Jun 27, 2012
I have eaten at mexican restaurants all over the east cost and midwest, and I have to say that las margaritas is probably in the top 3 I have ever eaten at. Quality is never lacking, the food is always hot and the service is always 5 star. The portions are very generous and the price is insanely low. I have lived in PB for over 7 years, and Las Margaritas is far and away my favorite place to eat in town.
mi casa su casa

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Jun 27, 2012
Love those mexicans! Wonderful spicy food and even spicier are their men! Shut up about the number of restaurants. We women love them, and the more there are, the more chances we have of marrying a cutie. I hear they treat their women like china dolls.
church guy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#20 Jun 28, 2012
mi casa su casa wrote:
Love those mexicans! Wonderful spicy food and even spicier are their men! Shut up about the number of restaurants. We women love them, and the more there are, the more chances we have of marrying a cutie. I hear they treat their women like china dolls.
Really? You want to be treated like a china doll?

I guess you have not heard about machismo. Please tell me this is a joke and you are not really as bigoted as this....
Jan Fry

Dexter, MO

#21 Jun 30, 2012
there are NO good mexican places in this entire area. Im from New Mexico and have eaten mexican food all my life. The stuff around here is BAD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
it's hilarious, that Mexican was murdered LOL 24 min Hmm... 16
Kory carda 45 min SadSadSad 6
Early Childhood incident. 1 hr Boo Boo Kitty 3
James Norden 1 hr curious george 1
Curtis Walker 1 hr Jayse 2
Casey Marler and Curtis Walker 1 hr Jayse 5
mark twain nursing home 2 hr dog 5
Body in Black River? Thu Dr Lector 7
Poplar Bluff Dating
Find my Match