Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Warning!!! Don't call DORRIS PLUMING if you have stopped up sewer line because you'll get screwed like we did. We called them and first of all they told us it would be around 10:00 am and it was 2:45 when they showed up. They where here for an hour and 15 minutes and claimed they was here for 2 hours took smoke breaks every 5 minutes and handed us a bill for $335.00. I called the office to explain we didn't have that much in the bank account and asked if we could break it into two payments the woman on the phone flew off the handle and started cursing me and threaten to call the police and put a lean on our house if we did not pay the full amount right then. I had to call a very good friend, he went to the bank and took out money to pay them. They waiting in our driveway like the mob waiting on their money. We've never been treated so bad by a business. The woman no i mean witch on the phone even called me a deadbeat just very unprofessional. Something needs to be done about businesses like this who rip people off. The better business bureau needs to check into this. We had Fisk plumbing do the same thing 2 years ago and they only charged us $115.00 so if you have stopped up sewer line "DON'T" call DORRIS PLUMBING unless you want to get screwed too. By the way this was not an after hours or a weekend call. They could have at least cleaned up the pack of cigarettes that they threw in our yard.
buck commander

Olathe, KS

#2 Nov 30, 2012
They suck, you shoulda asked first!
SmallBusiness Owner

United States

#3 Nov 30, 2012
karma wrote:
Warning!!! Don't call DORRIS PLUMING if you have stopped up sewer line because you'll get screwed like we did. We called them and first of all they told us it would be around 10:00 am and it was 2:45 when they showed up. They where here for an hour and 15 minutes and claimed they was here for 2 hours took smoke breaks every 5 minutes and handed us a bill for $335.00. I called the office to explain we didn't have that much in the bank account and asked if we could break it into two payments the woman on the phone flew off the handle and started cursing me and threaten to call the police and put a lean on our house if we did not pay the full amount right then. I had to call a very good friend, he went to the bank and took out money to pay them. They waiting in our driveway like the mob waiting on their money. We've never been treated so bad by a business. The woman no i mean witch on the phone even called me a deadbeat just very unprofessional. Something needs to be done about businesses like this who rip people off. The better business bureau needs to check into this. We had Fisk plumbing do the same thing 2 years ago and they only charged us $115.00 so if you have stopped up sewer line "DON'T" call DORRIS PLUMBING unless you want to get screwed too. By the way this was not an after hours or a weekend call. They could have at least cleaned up the pack of cigarettes that they threw in our yard.
I know it hurts financially, but you need to ask UP FRONT for any electrical, plumbing, heat/ac prices. My family did residential electrical work. My dad did FREE up front estimates.(unheard of today). Now it's over $75 just to park in your driveway!
He would allow a person to split the payment IF it was an emergency. I did see a local rich fatass try to beat my Dad out of a $1000 once. He basically implied unless the work was done almost free, he would smear our business. My dad grabbed him by his collar, pulled him out his car window, spit in his face and told him if he didn't get paid within 24 hours he might lose a lot in a tragic electrical fire.Dad also suggested it would be healthier for all concerned if Fatass Moneybags spoke of our business in glowing terms. Dad got paid right away, but refused to ever do business with him again.
It's not easy being on either side of the fence. If the company can't even ballpark a price, you know you can't afford them...

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Nov 30, 2012
Everyone knows Dorris. Why didn't you call Fiske again??? You can't leave the grocery without paying for your food, so why should paying for your plumbers services be any different.? It is your kind that think they are entitled that somebody else should pay for everything that this country is in such sorry shape.

Stockton, MO

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Fisk, Roberts or Tom the Plumber beat all over the place price wise. Rocky and all his staff are rude. I think he trains them to be rude. LOL But, if the company is there for any amount over an hour then they round the price up to the next hour. It sucks that they probably sat outside and smoked for longer than 15 minutes. Even the neighbors don't like the Dorris clan. He got his company be ripping someone off. It's not surprising he rips off his customers.
friend

Qulin, MO

#6 Nov 30, 2012
What about his son Travis ?
He went out on his own
proud 1 16nth nativeameri

Santa Monica, CA

#7 Nov 30, 2012
if your plumbing gets stopped up every year or two you may as well invest in one of those snakes they use and have your husband do it himself. it ain't brain surgery and besides how hard could it possibly be? if a dumb dorris can do it in one hour you oughta be able to knock it out in 15 minutes. otherwise you shoulda "vetted" them first and asked for a quote. " vetted". that's a new word for me. i think it means "check their references first" and meanwhile dump your water on the ground. fools rush in .....
been screwed too

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Nov 30, 2012
ya i have posted on here how they did the same thing to me.. someone or a group should chip in and take out a billboard in or around town on how they are robbing homeowners without a gun.. they are just getting over on us.. spread the word people dont use dorris....
yep

Sheridan, AR

#9 Dec 1, 2012
There are a lot of people who don't take topix seriously. If you really want to spread the word on how bad they are, which is true. You need to start posting it on your Facebook and twitter pages. The more it gets around the more inclined they will be to work on their "customer service " or lack there of, lol.
been screwed too

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Dec 1, 2012
so true post on facebook and spread the wordddd
Mario the Plumber

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Dec 2, 2012
karma wrote:
Wah wah wah. You don't ask a price up front, when you are handed the bill for the work, "I can't pay that, YOU WILL TAKE LESS OR SPLIT THE BILL." acting all put upon on here when you were all smartass in the driveway. Yes, you talk like deadbeats so she called a spade a spade.
Somebody else said it, but ask when you call about prices.
Don't worry about smearing names on Topix, you are written down on the Plumber's Naughty List.
pay your bills

Dexter, MO

#12 Dec 2, 2012
karma wrote:
. Do you think a plumber earns nothing. Master plumbers usually earn 75 dollars or more an hour and if he brought a apprentice or helper thats another 35 dollars. Did you not think you would have to pay for that. In this day and age 335.00 in not an unreasonable bill
my input

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Dec 2, 2012
i think everyone is paying the bill but whats to be learned here is to warn innocent people that this company is charging to much and to look for other plumbers to do the job.. i suggest fisk or roberts they are both affordable. after reading some of these post i would most likely stay clear of dorris .
proud 1 16nth nativeameri

Santa Monica, CA

#14 Dec 2, 2012
pay your bills wrote:
<quoted text>. Do you think a plumber earns nothing. Master plumbers usually earn 75 dollars or more an hour and if he brought a apprentice or helper thats another 35 dollars. Did you not think you would have to pay for that. In this day and age 335.00 in not an unreasonable bill
oh yeah well then you must be one of the scam artists this lady is complaining about cause i live in one of the most expensive areas in the country and every day i hear "mike diamond's plumbing" [ the company that does all the plumbing for the "this old house"] announcing on my radio they will unclog any drain for $99 bucks.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Dec 13, 2012
Mario the Plumber wrote:
<quoted text> Wah wah wah. You don't ask a price up front, when you are handed the bill for the work, "I can't pay that, YOU WILL TAKE LESS OR SPLIT THE BILL." acting all put upon on here when you were all smartass in the driveway. Yes, you talk like deadbeats so she called a spade a spade.
Somebody else said it, but ask when you call about prices.
Don't worry about smearing names on Topix, you are written down on the Plumber's Naughty List.
Yes i guess that's why the younger plumber said he was tired of working there and wanted to go out on his own because he always has to go through this when he hands people their bill because you over charge it wasn't a matter of not having the money it was that it was way to much for such a little job you got your check didn't you idiot

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Dec 13, 2012
She called y'all deadbeats? This coming from a rude fat ass that does nothing but answer a phone? LMAO
Karma Apple

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Dec 14, 2012
I thought Tom the Plumber was quite expensive, although he does excellent work, and he gives you a price up front. They may all be as expensive in the area, but he does do good work for sure, and he guarantees his work.
td

United States

#18 Dec 24, 2012
He sure was expensive and sloppy. And to mention he forgot to knock out the dishwasher plug on the garbage disposal
Millionaires club

United States

#19 Sep 23, 2013
His wife almost got punched in the face and he is gonna stroke out or have a heart attack. Running a scam like that makes you always on the defensive. They need to get the hell out of this town. They are total white trash and he sucks as a plumber.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old ladies in bikinis 57 min Meh 13
cheateing lovers 1 hr Meh 5
Parking at family video and tan n time 1 hr Meh 9
The Pony (May '08) 3 hr iluvdemstrippers 352
Patricia Bales 6 hr Brenda 2
How do I get rid of bad neighbors? (Feb '10) 6 hr EmmaCairn 162
Embarrassed 8 hr Friends 37
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE