Just Curious

Augusta, GA

#1 Aug 22, 2008
So what's happening at TRCC. I see that the new Board gave raises and has made progress on many things so change is happening as promised by the "new" Board.
But, many things seem to be the same. As long as the old administrative regime is around things just won't get to an adequate level. I see that there hasn't been any resignations except for one 'retired' VP who doesn't ever show her face. Has she re-retired or has she been on leave since the board election on April 8?
When will the new president be named?
JJm

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Aug 25, 2008
She is still there nothing has changed
Country Gentleman

AOL

#3 Aug 25, 2008
Just Curious wrote:
So what's happening at TRCC. I see that the new Board gave raises and has made progress on many things so change is happening as promised by the "new" Board.
But, many things seem to be the same. As long as the old administrative regime is around things just won't get to an adequate level. I see that there hasn't been any resignations except for one 'retired' VP who doesn't ever show her face. Has she re-retired or has she been on leave since the board election on April 8?
When will the new president be named?
Wow! If national government could change for the better overnight, this country would be in a lot better shape.
If healthcare reform could improve as fast as we'd all like it to, we'd all be in better health too.
You expect ALL the positive changes to happen at Three Rivers this quickly? It doesn't happen that way, at ANY institution...Be patient...
trustees

United States

#4 Aug 25, 2008
still need a couple new trustees; new ones are good; still need to replace a couple more
TRCC President

Monticello, IN

#5 Aug 27, 2008
Well, I saw in the DAR today that TRCC had named 3 finalists. I hope that the folks in Poplar Bluff know about the background of one of them, Dr. Devin Stephenson, from Bevill State Community College in Alabama. Dr. Stephenson had to resign from the Presidency of Snead State Community College in Alabama because state auditors found that he misused state funds in remodeling the house he lived in. Check out the stories in the Birmingham News on May 17, 2006 and on August 23, 2006 where Dr. Devin Stephenson is referenced. Who is doing reference checks on these people????
In the know

Williamsville, MO

#6 Aug 27, 2008
Don't worry about Stephenson nor the lady from Arkansas, they are listed only to make it look good. Kimbrow has the job, the search committee is just going through the motions. Wait and see.
Cruvell

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2008
Fresh, new blood is needed in the president's office. There are good, qualified vice-presidents at growing and successful community colleges who could step in to take TRCC up to a much higher level. "Going through the motions" before promoting from within is the wrong thing to do. Hiring another college's cast-off ex-president (that's what Cooper was) is even worse. The best new president for TRCC is going to be a VP from the kind of institution TRCC would like to become.
JJm

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Aug 28, 2008
In the know wrote:
Don't worry about Stephenson nor the lady from Arkansas, they are listed only to make it look good. Kimbrow has the job, the search committee is just going through the motions. Wait and see.
You know your right it's a joke they knew from the beginning who they were going to get Kimbrow. same-o-same one of Scotts puppets. No change what a waste
Eyebrow Raised

Eminence, MO

#9 Aug 28, 2008
^^not true - the board gets the final say, and they are not messing with Kimbrow - he doesn't get along with the board at all, and that would be his sole duty

so, you are all speaking nonsense once again
JJm

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2008
We'll see
Eyebrow Raised

Eminence, MO

#11 Aug 28, 2008
can't argue with that but people typically expect the worst at TRCC, and good things have been happening

have some faith in the board
RockyRaider

Williamsville, MO

#12 Aug 28, 2008
I think all will be better soon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hair stylist 33 min I would pay 17
Goose 44 min Twit ter 3
Shawn Deen not @ briggs 2 hr No bs 1
Moody money 4 hr Us against the world 2
KFVS-12 And DAR Won’t Publish pictures of wreck. 5 hr Guest 1
Soulmate 5 hr Us against the world 52
Dollar Store main street 6 hr i know 7

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance