First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2009
Tonight there was a listing of sex offenders in the Poplar Bluff area and the signs they have to put in their yard as a warning on Halloween to all children. I hope to goodness that parents are going with their children out on Halloween. I was also wondering why isn't Sonny Rickman on that list? Hmmmmm that case was shoved under the rug wasn't it? There was another former teacher's name on the list that paid his time...
Former PBHS Student

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Oct 26, 2009
May have paid his time but it doesn't change the fact he is a child molester now does it????????
Former Student

Van Nuys, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2009
wondering wrote:
Tonight there was a listing of sex offenders in the Poplar Bluff area and the signs they have to put in their yard as a warning on Halloween to all children. I hope to goodness that parents are going with their children out on Halloween. I was also wondering why isn't Sonny Rickman on that list? Hmmmmm that case was shoved under the rug wasn't it? There was another former teacher's name on the list that paid his time...
True, Rickman should not have slept with the girl. However, she was a ho anyway and she wanted the sex. You can't rape the willing.
Thats right

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Oct 27, 2009
Yes, you can dumbass, she was a minor. He should have kept it in his pants and saved it for his wife. He should be doing jail time.
guest

Ballwin, MO

#5 Oct 27, 2009
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
True, Rickman should not have slept with the girl. However, she was a ho anyway and she wanted the sex. You can't rape the willing.
She migh have been a "ho" as you say. But she infact was still underage and thatis wrong. He knew better. He should of said himself for his wife.
Backwoods Justice

Campbell, MO

#6 Oct 27, 2009
Name them Basturds way 2 go DAR
rocket

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Why was Nancy Polins name left out it used to be in there why was it removed she is stilla molester.
slowpoke

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 27, 2009
The punishment should fit the crime. Some of these should be going through this as real perverts and molesters. Others are being punished unjustly because some group is still lobbying Congress, I was put in harm's way as a child because my mom left me with my grandmother who had to work and care for others. Some of these cases are the parents fault and they have gotten off scot free. Get real, people, that may someday be you or your kid being harassed unjustly. Did you know that young kids are now being put on this list for sending nude pictures over their cell phones. Think about it. That's what I'm hearing...
wut up

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 27, 2009
sonny didnt bang her. he couldnt get it up dummy
wondering

Fenton, MO

#10 Oct 28, 2009
wut up wrote:
sonny didnt bang her. he couldnt get it up dummy
He was caught several times with a minor, one being in a motel room in Sikeston. He should have paid some time for this. Yes, he lost his teacher's license but he was a grown man screwing around with a minor and should have known better. Where is the justice in this town? I don't care who the girl is she was a MINOR. Something should have been done but I guess if you have the right connections in this town you don't pay the time. What the H***?
Thats So

Wentzville, MO

#11 Oct 29, 2009
It's just a sorry assed place to live. NOTHING in Poplar Bluff is illegal as long as you know the right people.
Kudos to the DAR for finally printing some real news.
AS for the people lobbying congress, they have damn good reason. I'm sure some rich congressman's Son must have been convicted for child molestation and all names of sex offenders were removed, provided their convictions were prior to ninty five.
That has been retracted and all of the sex offenders that were dropped from the highway patrol site are being readded to the offenders list.
Once a child molester..always a child molester..I don't feel sorry for any of the worthless bastards and I hope signs in their yards causes them great discomfort and shame, just like the children they molested!
slowpoke

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Oct 29, 2009
Thats So wrote:
It's just a sorry assed place to live. NOTHING in Poplar Bluff is illegal as long as you know the right people.
Kudos to the DAR for finally printing some real news.
AS for the people lobbying congress, they have damn good reason. I'm sure some rich congressman's Son must have been convicted for child molestation and all names of sex offenders were removed, provided their convictions were prior to ninty five.
That has been retracted and all of the sex offenders that were dropped from the highway patrol site are being readded to the offenders list.
Once a child molester..always a child molester..I don't feel sorry for any of the worthless bastards and I hope signs in their yards causes them great discomfort and shame, just like the children they molested!
If they truly molested a child, I agree, but some are not "child" molesters. Some had a young girlfriend or boyfriend. What is this anyway? They were kids themselves. Young kids being punished for dumb things with their cell phones? I suppose you are for that too. The punishment should fit the crime!

Be careful that you or yours don't become a victim of your own hate. Judge not, lest ye be judged, you know. There's a few higher ups that never thought they would be caught in their sins, but they were.
Thats So

Wentzville, MO

#13 Oct 29, 2009
For your information I have been a victim! I feel nothing for the poor young ones that have been busted for having a relationship with someone the law says is not yet an adult.
If you do not like the definition "child molester" then I suggest you spend your time rallying around state laws, having it clarified so that we understand that while some fit the mold others are just above that.(Doubt that will fly).
We will all be judged for our own sins, and if my sin is speaking out against someone that ruins a childs life, then so be it.
You bet I am for punishing kids that do "dumb things on their telephones". If they are smart enough to pull those kind things, then they are smart enough to understand the punishment.
curious

Saint Charles, MO

#14 Oct 29, 2009
do any body know whos names are all on the list
slowpoke

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 29, 2009
Thats So wrote:
For your information I have been a victim! I feel nothing for the poor young ones that have been busted for having a relationship with someone the law says is not yet an adult.
If you do not like the definition "child molester" then I suggest you spend your time rallying around state laws, having it clarified so that we understand that while some fit the mold others are just above that.(Doubt that will fly).
We will all be judged for our own sins, and if my sin is speaking out against someone that ruins a childs life, then so be it.
You bet I am for punishing kids that do "dumb things on their telephones". If they are smart enough to pull those kind things, then they are smart enough to understand the punishment.
I was a victim as well, plus I was abused as a child. I was 15, my boyfriend was 17. By the time, I was 16, and he was 18 we were "involved." I went on to marry him and have children by him. I thank God that there wasn't a law like this back then. Because he went on to work for the government, and he doesn't have a child abusing bone in his body. You can spew your hate, and yes, you will be judged for it. I was abused as a child by a retarded young man who was abused as a child when he was sent away to a special school. I forgave him and so did my parents. I realize that I wasn't really hurt because I don't remember it and he was mostly fondling me. Yet, it happened. I say, let the punishment fit the crime. Has it ever occurred to you that these hardened cases might be demon possession? And yes, until that is dealt with these people will continue to abuse and molest. Society, though, has gotten too educated to believe in anything like that any more. In addition, I doubt that you will find very many parents and grandparents who would agree with you that their young children should be put on a list of child molesters for playing around with a cell phone.
no can do

Ballwin, MO

#16 Oct 29, 2009
several sex offenders no longer have to register if their offense occured prior to 1999.
Thats So

Wentzville, MO

#17 Oct 29, 2009
I hardly believe that your young "love affair" empowers you to speak for children that have been abused for years.
I hardly believe that "special schools" keeps a child molester from molesting.
Try telling your story to the many children that are abused for years, or maybe you should listen to a few of their stories and see if your opinion stays the same!
I guess you think sharing nude photos on cell phones is completely harmless. Just remember it all starts somewhere.
slowpoke

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Oct 29, 2009
Thats So wrote:
I hardly believe that your young "love affair" empowers you to speak for children that have been abused for years.
I hardly believe that "special schools" keeps a child molester from molesting.
Try telling your story to the many children that are abused for years, or maybe you should listen to a few of their stories and see if your opinion stays the same!
I guess you think sharing nude photos on cell phones is completely harmless. Just remember it all starts somewhere.
I'm sorry that you are so full of hatred and so close minded that you would have anyone and everyone who ever made a mistake punished like a hardened criminal. I wonder what you are hiding behind that would cause you to be like that. You are scary.
what

Ballwin, MO

#19 Oct 29, 2009
no can do wrote:
several sex offenders no longer have to register if their offense occured prior to 1999.
i havent heard anything about this. can you point me in the right direction to find out more about it? i recently found out the man that molested me isnt on the registry. i figured it was because he is in prison on unrelated charges, therefore there is no address to post. and as for the argument with the older teenager with a younger one, yes, it is technically against the law, but it shouldnt be. at least for a 18 yr old to be with a 16 yr old, ect. there is not much of a difference in maturity in that age group. now, a 18 yr old with a 12 or 13 yr old is another story. thats just too young. on the other hand, you have to look at the parents, too. i know i will not be letting my son or daughter when they are 12 or 13 date someone older than 16. but some parents just dont care or think that they might as well let them or risk them going out behind their back. that is the worst mentality to get in to. your basically saying to the kids you have no control over them and that your giving up. that happened to me. i was sixteen, and i decided that i was going to date a 22 yr old. i thought my mom was going to be mad, but she just let me do it. now that i think back, i wish my mom had forbid me from seeing him. not because he was such a bad guy, but because now that im older, i see that there was a huge gap in maturity and experience. i was seeing and experiencing things that was out of my understanding, and should have remained that way until i was old enough to truelly understand what it all meant. kids should be allowed to just be kids.
Thats So

Wentzville, MO

#20 Oct 30, 2009
slowpoke wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that you are so full of hatred and so close minded that you would have anyone and everyone who ever made a mistake punished like a hardened criminal. I wonder what you are hiding behind that would cause you to be like that. You are scary.
I am not full of hatred! I stand firm on my opinion of child molesters, plain and simple as that!
You are the one that seems a little out of whack here! You seem to think that it's just fine for the young ones in our country to engage in sexual acts via cell phones, you seem to think that being molested is ok, as long as they are sent off to "special schools". Why don't you try looking into the statistics of child molesters?
When you can come back to this forum with accurate numbers and a full understanding of a child molester, don't bother to respond to me.
You see it your way and I see it mine. I find your way somewhat lax and unrealistic.
Also, just so you know, If I caught your child with a picture of mine..you would be visiting him in jail!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Inn 12 min DollyDearest 46
Twins at The Pony 23 min BILBRY 2
that crazy old lady on WAREN STREET 1 hr LEE 1
Preston 1 hr Reality check 21
It's only right... 2 hr addendum 4
Kaplan in 12/2/14 D.A.R. 2 hr Chill 99
Go to CITY COUNCILMEETINGS...GET in THEIR FACES 2 hr SnuffAGlobalist 4
Poplar Bluff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Poplar Bluff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poplar Bluff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:03 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:03PM
Ravens into playoffs, Bucs to have first pick in draft
NBC Sports 2:25 PM
Two Seahawks turnovers help them into 6-0 hole
Bleacher Report 2:45 PM
Kansas City Chiefs Finish 2014 Season Without Having a WR Catch a TD
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Franchise-tag fight looming for Justin Houston
NBC Sports 3:52 PM
Seahawks take lead after intercepting Shaun Hill