First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Log-n-stoner

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2008
Velma and Red are gone now (so sad) and I have very fond memories of my years at the old Log n stone. I'd like to hear from anyone else out there that used to hang there?
Fellow Log and stoner

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Aug 3, 2008
Use to go play pool there alot. Loved to tell Velma jokes. Always dreamed about making a house out of that place. LOL
ex partier

Penrose, CO

#3 Oct 21, 2008
i loved log and stone,I had so much fun there. remember battle of the bands.i remember john sousan there in his little black shorts no shirt tan and goodlooking
It was fun

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Oct 21, 2008
I remember Red trying to break up a fight one night. Some girl hit him over the head with a chair. After it was over Red starting hopping around, saying something like, "OK everyone, let's have a good time!"

Gary used to make some good strawberry daiquiris.
Ozark Blue

United States

#5 Oct 21, 2008
I was talking to Red one night at the old Holiday Inn bar and he asked me what I thought of the Log n Stone. I told him I really liked it, but the one short bartender couldn't mix a drink right. I didn't realize that it belonged to him. He wasn't mad or anything, but I noticed a bartenders book behind the bar the next time I was in there.

I loved the Cotton Bowl too.
doorgirl

United States

#6 Oct 22, 2008
I worked the door for 2years, I wasn't 21 yet but they never asked my age, they just assumed I was old enough. I always had to chuckle when Vel would brag on me for being so good at spotting minors, little did she know that I was still in high school with most of them! lol
justanopinion

Chagrin Falls, OH

#7 Oct 22, 2008
Anybody remember Splitwater Creek?
They were awesome. Some of the best bluegrass I ever listened to.
I will never forget one night with a full moon, and there were 13 fights in that place that night. Those were the days!!!!!!!!!! I hate to figure out how many years ago that was. Good memories never leave you.
doorgirl

United States

#8 Oct 22, 2008
I still have splitwater creeks album, they were the greatest.
justanopinion

Chagrin Falls, OH

#9 Oct 22, 2008
Wonder what ever happened to them? I wonder if they ever made it big? And what some parties on the outside in the summertime!!
LAZAR

AOL

#10 Oct 23, 2008
i too loved the log n stone. we always had the best time there. i had forgotten all about it until i read it on here. i remember the Cotton Bowl too. things have really changed. you could do any thing out there at the log n stone and no one would twich an eye.
doorgirl

United States

#11 Oct 25, 2008
I remember Vel comming to the table to get our order and I said that I wanted a Lite so Vel brought me a book of matches instead of a Lite beer. lol
Wondering

Chagrin Falls, OH

#12 Oct 25, 2008
Vel was great, she was so sweet. RIP

Since: Aug 08

San Francisco, CA

#13 Oct 25, 2008
Wonder whatever happened to the Arnac kids?? Best I remember they were wild as a buck...Pretty good kids, but always in just a little bit of trouble...Probably the red hair thing...LOL..
Red Head

Chagrin Falls, OH

#14 Oct 25, 2008
Excuse me? lol

San Francisco, CA

#15 Oct 25, 2008
Red Head wrote:
Excuse me? lol
now just kiddin...LOL...
Red Head

Chagrin Falls, OH

#16 Oct 25, 2008
Last I heard the Arnac's were around Cape.

Penrose, CO

#17 Oct 25, 2008
i loved it

San Francisco, CA

#18 Oct 25, 2008
maybe I just remember it as a youthful fog, but seems like bluff was much more accepting back in the long n stone times...lots of different types had a lot of fun out there...I really don't remember much in the way of problems...
Red Head

Chagrin Falls, OH

#19 Oct 25, 2008
I must have been to the Log & Stone a million times, don't ever remember a fight. I do remember when the girl fell from upstairs though,a little screaming going on there.

San Francisco, CA

#20 Oct 25, 2008
Red Head wrote:
I must have been to the Log & Stone a million times, don't ever remember a fight. I do remember when the girl fell from upstairs though,a little screaming going on there.
Oh Sh@@!!! I was there!!!! I remember that...best I can remember she was not badly hurt..of course I am sure I was quite drunk at the time...LOL>..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orlando real or staged 1 hr Truth 28
i need to buy a car today for 3 or 4 hundred do... (Feb '09) 4 hr Carthatruzgood16 142
Sarah Sneed (Feb '10) 5 hr Anonymous 12
Matt Hastings (Sep '12) 9 hr mr hanky 10
Where does Heath Brinkman buy his steroids? (Oct '14) 9 hr Heath Brinkman 40
Need my hair colored 9 hr Bloody Godsmacked 17
Why do white girls try to talk like you're black? (Oct '10) 9 hr Really 78

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poplar Bluff Mortgages