Why is Chris Hon the chairman of the ...

Why is Chris Hon the chairman of the chamber of commerce??

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

wondering

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Aug 15, 2012
What business does he have in that position??? He doesn't have nor operate a business in the city of PB... Being superintendent of the school doesn't qualify him for that position.... I believe the chamber should be made up by business owners of the community...
chamber member

Summerville, PA

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Uhh..because he was voted in by the membership. Join the chamber and you can have a vote too
chamber member

Summerville, PA

#3 Aug 15, 2012
wondering wrote:
What business does he have in that position??? He doesn't have nor operate a business in the city of PB... Being superintendent of the school doesn't qualify him for that position.... I believe the chamber should be made up by business owners of the community...
and don't tell us you are a member of the chamber because if you were you would have voted and you know the answer to your own stupid question...Idiot..no wonder nothing ever gets done in this town....
The Doctor

Haslet, TX

#4 Aug 15, 2012
Why would it mater to you? The chamber is a private union of business people affiliated with the Republican party to promote business and labor cost savings.
The Republican party is against labor unions and hate to use the word "union" so they replace it with the word "chamber" .
Now you know the facts!!!
jony bravo
#5 Aug 16, 2012
ya as long as we have steve h in there were rockin!!! notttt!
jz me
#6 Aug 16, 2012
The Doctor wrote:
Why would it mater to you? The chamber is a private union of business people affiliated with the Republican party to promote business and labor cost savings.
The Republican party is against labor unions and hate to use the word "union" so they replace it with the word "chamber" .
anyone with half a brain hates labor unions
sorry
#7 Aug 16, 2012
The Doctor wrote:
Don't classify the chamber as Republican or Democrat. Politicians are low but, they do draw the line somewhere.
Common Threads

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Aug 17, 2012
Chris Hon is to business what Jerry Sandusky is to babysitting.

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 Aug 17, 2012
sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't classify the chamber as Republican or Democrat. Politicians are low but, they do draw the line somewhere.
Maybe you should do some research and educate yourself. The Chamber spent over 18 million in 2004 in anti-Democrat ads. The chambers goals are high profits and cheap labor. They are the ones that fight increases in minimum wage and wage war on labor unions because that means increase in pay and less profits for its members.
It alright for the Chamber to be a UNION but not alright for its employees.

I guess employees should rename themselves "The Chamber of Labor".
#10 Aug 17, 2012
He is better than the idiot Amy Jackson from the school
wondering

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Aug 17, 2012
There are several idiots from that school.... Hon, Jackson, Winston are a few..... they all need to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning the Whitehouse. 12 min GUEST 1
jennifer davis (Mar '16) 16 min bull 170
Judy smothers sandys cabs owner sister 38 min Guest 11
Ben ressel 41 min reality 11
Major anxiety 1 hr hi ho 4
kmart return policy (Jan '11) 5 hr Guest 44
Bluff Powersports 12 hr meemee 1

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance