another guest

Sikeston, MO

#21 Mar 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>And that's the best you can say whiney boys seriously and you complain on or butt into everyone's thread on here and whiney boys best you got. They voiced an opinion about a ladies thread on finding a decent guy.And they are whining . I think it's you whining others are trying to express feeling so that they can maybe find someone and yet oh quit your whining in my day we did this or that.
It's what "PB trash" does best!

Since: Feb 13

Poplar Bluff, MO

#22 Mar 8, 2013
another guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what "PB trash" does best!
Sikeston trash would know.
*rolls eyes
seriously?

United States

#23 Mar 10, 2013
Greg wrote:
Good luck try looking for lady that don't drink and don't expect you be right front row church every Sunday , and isn't hooked on any these drugs out here. I am scr*wd every nice lady I meet are that or married. I swear between all that and age and other guys and women looking for what I am I'm just out of luck. I wish ever single person in the area luck . And maybe if enough you get lucky it will rub off and I'll find someone.
Your full of crap and have a chip on your shoulder.
seriously?

United States

#24 Mar 10, 2013
Cami wrote:
I was just curious...men that look but don't cheat. Men that drink but don't need to be carried home at the end of an evening out. Men that are attractive and confident.
They all have a chip on their shoulder evidently!
oh wow comma space

Bellevue, WA

#25 Mar 10, 2013
I am my own half-mommy! will you alllllll marry me?
Out there

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Mar 11, 2013
Cami wrote:
I was just curious...men that look but don't cheat. Men that drink but don't need to be carried home at the end of an evening out. Men that are attractive and confident.
Yes, there are still good men out there but women are always attracted to the wrong guy. Women always cling to the guy who brags about his toys, gossips about others, and plays himself off as being tough. You need to see through a man by his actions, not by his words. If he curses, is self-absorbed, belittles others, and does not attend church he is and will always be a little boy. Some of us are still out there but we cannot seem to find the right woman either because most women act in the same manner.
or not

Poplar Bluff, MO

#27 Mar 11, 2013
Anonymous093 wrote:
Meh, I consider myself a good guy, not much on the drinking. So, you wouldn't find me in a bar. Church is for those who want a book to guide them through life or a social club meeting. So, yeah, I won't be hanging out there. I'm more the work and then home type. Cruise from time to time, but I suppose driving is my addiction as drugs and smokes aren't appealing either.
Drop me a line some time anonymous093@yahoo.com
I don't need a book to guide me and I don't care for social clubs. Church is the house of God and people should be going there to worship Him. For those looking for a good man/woman, first evaluate your relationship with God. If someone's going to church just to find someone, they're going for the wrong reasons.
Cami

Riverside, CA

#28 Mar 11, 2013
Out there wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are still good men out there but women are always attracted to the wrong guy. Women always cling to the guy who brags about his toys, gossips about others, and plays himself off as being tough. You need to see through a man by his actions, not by his words. If he curses, is self-absorbed, belittles others, and does not attend church he is and will always be a little boy. Some of us are still out there but we cannot seem to find the right woman either because most women act in the same manner.
Just not real sure where to look. Cannot see myself out in some dimly lit bar looking for Mr. Right because my Mr. Right wouldn't frequent someplace like that. It is just kinda tough.
or not

Poplar Bluff, MO

#29 Mar 11, 2013
Greg wrote:
Good luck try looking for lady that don't drink and don't expect you be right front row church every Sunday , and isn't hooked on any these drugs out here. I am scr*wd every nice lady I meet are that or married. I swear between all that and age and other guys and women looking for what I am I'm just out of luck. I wish ever single person in the area luck . And maybe if enough you get lucky it will rub off and I'll find someone.
You say that every nice lady out there is that or married, so you're screwed. Are you sure you really want a "nice" woman?
babydoll

United States

#30 Mar 12, 2013
You're not going to find the man you want in church or in a bar. If it's meant to be you will find each other no matter where you are. Stop looking, that's when you usually find whatever it is you are looking for. Sometimes it's been sitting right in front of you the whole time.

As for types of men, not all bad boys are really bad and not all church going men are saints. Don't limit yourself. You will find what you are looking for. As they say, "all good things come to those who wait"

On another note, not all women are that way either. The good ones aren't standing around just waiting for you to some sweep them off their feet.

Hang in there.
Andy

United States

#31 Mar 12, 2013
Andy Hightower he's a good man ......
Anonymous093

Poplar Bluff, MO

#32 Mar 12, 2013
or not wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a book to guide me and I don't care for social clubs. Church is the house of God and people should be going there to worship Him. For those looking for a good man/woman, first evaluate your relationship with God. If someone's going to church just to find someone, they're going for the wrong reasons.
Princess, with as many churches as there are fast food joints in this town, I think the most meaningful place to worship God is in one's heart. I don't need four walls, a roof, and a bunch of other (some good,some bad) people to help me worship. If anything, wouldn't your faith be weak by relying on communion to encourage or validate it?

Poplar Bluff, MO

#33 Mar 12, 2013
Anonymous093 wrote:
<quoted text>
Princess, with as many churches as there are fast food joints in this town, I think the most meaningful place to worship God is in one's heart. I don't need four walls, a roof, and a bunch of other (some good,some bad) people to help me worship. If anything, wouldn't your faith be weak by relying on communion to encourage or validate it?
What is your point in tying the number of fast food restaurants to a meaningful place to worship? No, you don't NEED a building and others to help you worship...but...one of the fruits of the spirit is that believers should want to be together to worship in truth an spirit. You are correct in that worship should start in ones heart with a spirit of humbleness and gratitude. If those are not present, then why worship at all?
Anonymous093

Poplar Bluff, MO

#34 Mar 12, 2013
I reflect the number to churches to that of restaurants to express the diversity we have in this town. I've been to many churches locally and I feel less the presence of the Lord and more the judgmental reign of men upon other men. Still the topic of religion is a touchy one in which we will not agree on. Also, it pulls from the original question at hand. If I worship in a church or not does not lessen my position as a decent man. In fact to find me in church against my belief would show a false persona.
I do not attend church and will not attend church to woo a significant other into a lie of a church going life style.
It is not the absence of activities in my life that makes me less of a decent man, but the fact that I do not pretend to be different or represent myself against the true way I am to win someone over.
From the first moment, a person shouldn't who they are to win someone's affection. I am decent because I am honest.
For you, I am not compatible with because of this question of worship, and thus in your eyes I may not be a decent man for it.
someone else

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Mar 12, 2013
They are all at the new hospital
Mister_E

Poplar Bluff, MO

#36 Mar 12, 2013
Anonymous093 wrote:
I reflect the number to churches to that of restaurants to express the diversity we have in this town. I've been to many churches locally and I feel less the presence of the Lord and more the judgmental reign of men upon other men. Still the topic of religion is a touchy one in which we will not agree on. Also, it pulls from the original question at hand. If I worship in a church or not does not lessen my position as a decent man. In fact to find me in church against my belief would show a false persona.
I do not attend church and will not attend church to woo a significant other into a lie of a church going life style.
It is not the absence of activities in my life that makes me less of a decent man, but the fact that I do not pretend to be different or represent myself against the true way I am to win someone over.
From the first moment, a person shouldn't who they are to win someone's affection. I am decent because I am honest.
For you, I am not compatible with because of this question of worship, and thus in your eyes I may not be a decent man for it.
Are you relying on being decent to get yourself into heaven? Of course, I'm assuming that you do believe in heaven. If I'm assuming wrongly, please forgive me in advance.
Anonymous093

Poplar Bluff, MO

#37 Mar 12, 2013
No, I am relying on faith to get me into heaven, being decent is simply to enjoy life. I don't know if we believe the same way, but are you saying heaven is only open to those who worship in a church? Because that's not exactly a requirement by my beliefs. Then again, that also sounds like you're passing judgement on me and forbidding access to heaven on that judgement. Maybe I'm reading to much into what you're saying?
Mister_E

Poplar Bluff, MO

#38 Mar 13, 2013
Anonymous093 wrote:
No, I am relying on faith to get me into heaven, being decent is simply to enjoy life. I don't know if we believe the same way, but are you saying heaven is only open to those who worship in a church? Because that's not exactly a requirement by my beliefs. Then again, that also sounds like you're passing judgement on me and forbidding access to heaven on that judgement. Maybe I'm reading to much into what you're saying?
No, I am not saying that heaven is only for those that worship in a church. One only has to remember the thief who died along side Jesus to know that entering a building is not a "requirement".

I'm sorry if the way I worded my question leads you believe that I am passing judgment on you. I was not. I merely asked what you was placing your faith in.
Anonymous093

Poplar Bluff, MO

#39 Mar 13, 2013
I live by faith that Jesus is a savior. That I do not hold the bible to the extent of being an icon (as that would be against the commandments), but that I use the morals provided for the bible and include morals that have also develop with time beyond the bible to ensure that this life is not waste to the abundant sin. I do know that I sin, and for that I carry my cross and burdens. I ask forgiveness when I fine knowledge behind my sins to avoid them in the future.
I don't think the specific topic was based upon men being decent in the eyes of the Lord, but decent toward their spouse. I believe we've gotten off subject to something more personal than a broad view of decent men. Furthermore, the direction that the subject has swayed may explain why so many decent men (and women) have gone into hiding. A decent man can do right by his love and share with her a life of happiness and joy, but if the opinion of more than his love reflects, no man is purely decent for anyone.
The decency implied here is more of a compatibility question, a decent man for a specific woman may not be the same "decent" another wants or desires.
Say a man has tattoos or piercings, to some that will not lessen the decency of the man. It may be an interest the woman also shares, which there compatibility reigns. To another, the tattoos and piercing are damage to his sacred temple, and his decency label a heathen to the Lord and church. Honestly though, is it anyone's divine right to make such a judgement?
Another view, I have no tattoos or piercings and no intention or desire to get some. However, I do find some tattoos beautiful and while not a requirement to have a relationship, I would not view them any differently than someone who does not have tattoos. That's only one characteristic, there are many things some fine as flaws that others may perceive as uniqueness.
I suppose to answer this thread properly, decent men are not generic, and no man is decent to everyone. Decent men are defined upon the individual's definition of decent. Only the OP will know that definition. While it seems she had not found a man that fits her description, the question of if there are any decent men out there would be more appropriately ask "What kind of man am I looking for, and does he exist?" Maybe the OP's expectations are to high or her concept of decency is to strict or vague for anyone to qualify.

“Amputee nearly happy!”

Since: Feb 13

Maidstone, kent

#40 Mar 13, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>And that's the best you can say whiney boys seriously and you complain on or butt into everyone's thread on here and whiney boys best you got. They voiced an opinion about a ladies thread on finding a decent guy.And they are whining . I think it's you whining others are trying to express feeling so that they can maybe find someone and yet oh quit your whining in my day we did this or that.
well DollyDearest, if you wanna chat and get to know this Englishman then lets chat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephan Craig Lynn 58 min Dean Winchester 2
Dustin Pickard 1 hr guest1 12
to destroy Mark Twain nursing home 2 hr raven 3
Anyone Gay Around here? (Jan '11) 4 hr ken 51
Poplar Bluff Police Officer Cates 5 hr Go Away 33
va nurse 6 hr Guest 1
Ozark Mobile Homes (Oct '09) 6 hr Alton Drew 95
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE