States Filing for Seccession

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just a Mom

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2012
According to The Kansas City Star, residents in Missouri have filed petitions seeking approval for their stste to "withdraw from the United States of America and create it's own New government". So far, twenty states have filed petitions, including Missouri. 25,000 signatures are required to do this. So far, Missouri has 4,000. Texas has 38,000. What do you think about this?
Just a Mom

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Oops! That should be states.
Word

Qulin, MO

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I think it's as embarresing as the 40% that voted for Todd Akin.
Nicole

Vilonia, AR

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Papa Roach

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Awesome! I assume all the medicaid recipients will leave, as no provider will accept IOU's from the State of Missouri, as the federal dollars kicked in do make a difference. Our farmers will not receive federal crop funds, nor will have FEMA, federal grants for our fire/police departments, federal housing , postal services, and Poplar Bluff would lose the VA hospital. Of course, taxes would have to be raised incredibly so employers would leave, leaving us jobless...Nope, a well-thought out plan by smart, big-picture thinkers who vote the same lazy-ass congress & senate who do nothing and are surprised the country is going to hell. No down-side in secession...

East Saint Louis, IL

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Just a Mom wrote:
According to The Kansas City Star, residents in Missouri have filed petitions seeking approval for their stste to "withdraw from the United States of America and create it's own New government". So far, twenty states have filed petitions, including Missouri. 25,000 signatures are required to do this. So far, Missouri has 4,000. Texas has 38,000. What do you think about this?
I signed the petition. It's time to stand up and fight the goverment scum.
Just a Mom

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Wow! Looks like we're up to 12,098 signatures now.
Word

Qulin, MO

#8 Nov 13, 2012
I take it nobody signing this read the logic posted above? No jobs, no healthcare, no help in disasters, extremely high taxes, no agriculture... the list goes on and on. Idiots.
tiredofitalso

Overland Park, KS

#9 Nov 13, 2012
What's sad is that there is no common sense in the government period state or federal just because one party or the other didn't win. To the argument above getting away from the federal dollar could just save us. Cause most federal dollars are borrowed from China. Cut government waste quit sending money to countries that hate us quit paying former presidents and Senators that no longer serve if you physically able do some kind of work for your foodstamps. I bet you if the only way an able bodied person could get foodstamps was if the had to pick up trash off a stretch of road twice a week some would work for it and some wouldn't if they dont cut them off.
tiredofitalso

Overland Park, KS

#10 Nov 13, 2012
If people remember farmers used to BA able to make a good living by actually working for it and to an extent they still work for it but can't make a living because of regulations and then the government pays them not to plant so that prices can go up who's the idiot that came up with that idea.

Ava, MO

#11 Nov 13, 2012
What do I think about it?

Wonderful. Cut Alaska free and provide a free airline ticket up there to any moron who signs the petition on up there.

Let's see how they feel when they realize they have no military to protect them; no government funds to repair their roads and utilities. No regulations to keep food and drugs safe. No regulations to keep the air and water safe. No social security. No economy.

Seriously. If you are soooo scared of the scary black guy in the white house, just do everyone a favor and leave.

Only problem is Alaska wouldn't want a bunch of cry babies moving in with them.
Miss Uninformed

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Just a Mom wrote:
Do you think Jefferson City does that good of a job or you just want JoAnn Emerson & Claire Mcaskill unemployed? That would make Jay Nixon our President...
Redneck

United States

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Just a Mom wrote:
So far, twenty states have filed petitions, including Misspuri

Wrong. So far, a few uneducated rednecks who make decisions bases on 20 second sound bytes from their favorite hate-mongering talk show hosts have copied and pasted nearly identical "petitions" to the White House website.

The States have filed nothing of the sort because even a non-living state with no brain is far more intelligent than the whackos signing this nonsense.
check the facts jack

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Nov 13, 2012
The majority of the Department of Agriculture's budget is for food stamps and school lunches not farm payments. The largest expenditure of the US budget is for social security and medicare. I sorry that some of you think that you payed for your social security but, that money was spent long ago the same for medicare. If ALL federal spending except for medicare and social security was totally eliminated then by the year 2020 we would be broke.If the federal government taxed ALL incomes at 100% and continued spending increases as we are now doing we will be broke again in a few years. Any way you look at it our economy, will collapse in 2 or 3 years, then each state will be on their own anyway.
Miss Uninformed

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2012
check the facts jack wrote:
The majority of the Department of Agriculture's budget is for food stamps and school lunches not farm payments. The largest expenditure of the US budget is for social security and medicare. I sorry that some of you think that you payed for your social security but, that money was spent long ago the same for medicare. If ALL federal spending except for medicare and social security was totally eliminated then by the year 2020 we would be broke.If the federal government taxed ALL incomes at 100% and continued spending increases as we are now doing we will be broke again in a few years. Any way you look at it our economy, will collapse in 2 or 3 years, then each state will be on their own anyway.
yes, I'll just wait for the inevitable...
check the facts jack

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Nov 13, 2012
Miss Uninformed wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I'll just wait for the inevitable...
Scoff, if you will it is your right but, consider the following.
The stock market has lost ground since the election. Hundreds of companies have announce layoffs as of Jan1. The US is facing a downgrade of it's credit rating. Taxes are going up in January, due to the repeal of tax cuts and implantation of Obama care. Forty nine percent of people living in this country are receiving a check from the federal government. The number of people paying federal income tax is at it's lowest levels ever. Under the new rules of calculating unemployment it stands at 8%, if calculated by the method that was used under President Bush the number would be at 14%. Our country has not been this divided since 1860. Our country cannot go on borrowing money at the current rate. Some of the president's economic advisers are wanting to print more money to cause deflation in the dollar, which will make our debt less.The problem with this has been that inflation sets in which will cause more unemployment. How long will the warm fuzzy feeling last when inflation hits 18%-20% like it did under President Carter? What will take place if it goes higher? Our country is on shaky ground at the present time. You may laugh now, Let us see how you feel in June or July of 2013.
ya got my vote

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Did the South's secession get them any where? Just in trouble. It will be the same if it happens again. A house divided cannot stand. People are greedy, proud, and don't care who they hurt just so they can have a few more dollars. I know because I have both in my family. There will have to be a compromise or else we are going nowhere. The government is in trouble because families and churches won't do what they are supposed to do. Used to, they took care of their poor, now they grab everything they can and cast the poor onto the government. Should the church get all the help they get at the cost of everyone else? No! Think of the money that the government is losing. Even families give everything to their children so they can get government help when they are old and need a lot of medical help. I've seen rich people do this. Do you know what the government has to pay for homemakers. A lot more than that homemaker gets. It's breaking our government and in the process our country. Stop all these handouts. We have no choice. People take care of your own and your churches. Medicaid is another money waster. It needs an overhaul. Stop casting these things on to the government!

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Anybody that signs that petition should never say they love their country again or say the pledge of allegiance. We are one nation under God!
I say anybody that signs it should have to take a citizenship test after the fact.

On the lighter side: Mexico has already made a offer to purchase Texas. Northern Mexico is what they will call it!
sorry

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Nov 13, 2012
ya got my vote wrote:
Did the South's secession get them any where? Just in trouble. It will be the same if it happens again. A house divided cannot stand. People are greedy, proud, and don't care who they hurt just so they can have a few more dollars. I know because I have both in my family. There will have to be a compromise or else we are going nowhere. The government is in trouble because families and churches won't do what they are supposed to do. Used to, they took care of their poor, now they grab everything they can and cast the poor onto the government. Should the church get all the help they get at the cost of everyone else? No! Think of the money that the government is losing. Even families give everything to their children so they can get government help when they are old and need a lot of medical help. I've seen rich people do this. Do you know what the government has to pay for homemakers. A lot more than that homemaker gets. It's breaking our government and in the process our country. Stop all these handouts. We have no choice. People take care of your own and your churches. Medicaid is another money waster. It needs an overhaul. Stop casting these things on to the government!
Our country is divided like it never has been before. Like it was said elsewhere 51% are paying for the other 49% and the 49% wants more. Basically the recent presidential election was 50% to 50%. the winning side wants more taxes, with which they will give more handouts. I read today that Medicare will be cut 750 million to pay for Obamacare and that when you sell property or business next year you will pay an addition 3% on top of your income tax and your capital gains tax to pay for Obamacare. Next year in 2013 it is estimated that one third of workers and those that are retired who purchase insurance through their employer will lose their insurance and will be forced to pay a fine to the government. It is a sad time for our country.
A Loyal American

United States

#20 Nov 13, 2012
That ignorant petition is not going to do anything except give the government a list of disloyal people to put on the governments watch list and hopefully no governments no fly list.

I can guarentee there would be way more Missourians that would sign a petition against their petition only a toothless racist retard would be stupid enough to think that it would only take 25,000 idiots signing a petition that is a joke at best to leave the union.

I would like to know how in the heck they think they would do if they did if they hate it here in America please do not let the door hit you on the way out good luck with Canada or Mexico.

Bet they don't have the guts to leave and move to Canada or Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The women who get busted stealing 14 min Guest 4
Tanner and Derick 43 min cassie 4
My boyfriends job isto punish me when I misbehave. (Feb '13) 50 min jigsaw19 24
Check those who decide what's best 2 hr guest 4
Urgent Request Of Poplar Bluff , Mo Police Chie... 2 hr Guest 4
Curtis Walker 9 hr DollyDearest 13
the booths at pop roxx (Apr '12) 10 hr married bi guy 303
Poplar Bluff Dating
Find my Match

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Poplar Bluff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poplar Bluff

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 pm PST

ESPN12:22PM
Chadiha: Nothing gets in Jamaal Charles' way
NBC Sports 1:02 PM
Zuerlein's kicking key to victory over Broncos - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:24 PM
What Are Experts Saying About San Diego?
Bleacher Report 2:40 PM
Former NFL Player Jason Brown Delivered His Own Child
Bleacher Report 4:10 PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders: Live Oakland Score and Analysis