May be RUSHING and not RUSH

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Juda

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Feb 14, 2010
Baby Girl born July 17, 1973 at Lucy Lee Hospital and birthmom from Fisk. The adopted mom says she thought the birth name was RUSH but could be RUSHING. I posted on Fisk's page. Really needing some help. If you've ever dealt with Missouri Adoption you know how 'closed' it is. Thanks!
O wise one

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Feb 14, 2010
What was the mother's name?
Juda

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Feb 15, 2010
We only have a last name of RUSHING. Not much! She was told RUSH at first and now adopted mom says it could have been RUSHING. They think there were some older children already in family. Seems the only concrete facts are 'mom from Fisk and born at Lucy Lee'. Thanks for responding!!!

Since: Oct 09

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Feb 15, 2010
I went to high school with a Janice Rushing, between '79 and '83. She was from Fisk. I don't know if her mother had any kids in '73. Sorry if this doesn't help any.
O wise one

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 15, 2010
Aren't there phone numbers for Rushing? Why does one have to get on a public forum to inquire? If Missouri adoptions are sealed, then this is why, so as not to bring disgrace or embarrassment to the birth mother or family.
Juda

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Feb 15, 2010
Thanks for the info DiabeticAlien. We know the lawyer that handled the adoption from PB was Jasper Edmondson. O wise one I'm not trying to cause anybody disgrace or embarrassment. I would never do that but sometimes the birthmom is looking also and it would be very hard for her to get info. I HAVE called people in the phone book but people move away everyday. Didn't mean to offend you.
Bob

Campbell, MO

#7 Feb 15, 2010
I don't mean to sound cruel, but maybe this person does not want to be found.
Spades

Broseley, MO

#8 Feb 15, 2010
Call Mike Rushing I think janice is his sister Tommy Rushing is his dad.
O wise one

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 15, 2010
I know the family, and they are not hard to find. It just seems a shame to cause a lot of talk when it isn't necessary. That's what I meant.
Juda

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 Feb 15, 2010
Perhaps the person doesn't want to be found but what about the child that has no medical history and no roots? Thanks Spades. I will make that call. O wise one I don't know the family or anybody that lives in Fisk or PB. Didn't mean to start any gossip....just wanted to see if anybody could help me. Thanks everybody that has tried to be helpful. I'll say no more. Have a great evening.
O wise one

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Feb 15, 2010
Juda wrote:
Perhaps the person doesn't want to be found but what about the child that has no medical history and no roots? Thanks Spades. I will make that call. O wise one I don't know the family or anybody that lives in Fisk or PB. Didn't mean to start any gossip....just wanted to see if anybody could help me. Thanks everybody that has tried to be helpful. I'll say no more. Have a great evening.
Just from your attitude, it shows that you have no concern for the family to start this forum. There are several ways to contact someone without telling a (perhaps) dark secret on a public forum. True, a child does need to know medical history, but not this way.
Jennifer Dickerson

Columbus, GA

#12 Feb 15, 2010
Ok... first off let me start by saying that I am the one looking for my birth family. Mrs. Juda is only helping my out! I am a 36 year old mother of 3. My youngest son is 10 years old and was diagnosed with cancer in Aug. I have NO information on my birth family in regards to medical information. I have no clue whether this cancer runs in my blood, if I should be worried about my other kids getting it also!

O wise one... how can to you speak of disgrace... have you been an adopted child??? Have you spent your entire life wondering where you came from??? Wondering what was wrong with you that would make you un-wanted??? I had my 1st child when I was 17. My mother begged me to give her up... there was no way I could do to her what was done to me. So that she could spend her whole life wondering! I understand that there are lots of reason why people are unable to keep their kids, but I understnad more what it's like to be one of those "given-up" kids. You are by far the rudest person I've ever seen post. Why did you even post to this if you were going to be nothing but rude??

Thanks so much to all the other of you that have given information!
Jennifer Dickerson

Columbus, GA

#13 Feb 15, 2010
OO and also.. when is a child considered a "Dark Secret"??? it's not my fault that I was put on this earth... and I can only make the best of what was given to me by the good Lord!

These are modern days and times and if one wants to find anything the best place to look is the internet!
O wise one

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 15, 2010
Jennifer Dickerson wrote:
OO and also.. when is a child considered a "Dark Secret"??? it's not my fault that I was put on this earth... and I can only make the best of what was given to me by the good Lord!
These are modern days and times and if one wants to find anything the best place to look is the internet!
First of all, I'm not concerned about you, just the family that I kinow. You didn't have to put your business on here like you did. You can find someone without doing that. As for a child being a "dark secret," why do you think adoptions are sealed. People don't want others to know they have put a child up for adoption. Well, most don't. I will tell you this, I have known the Rushing family for a lot of years, and I don't know of any adoptions. Yet, people are talking now, I can assure you. That's all I have to say on the matter. As for rude, read your own post.
Fisk resident

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Feb 15, 2010
When I was in elementary school at Fisk, there was a boy named Clinton Rush who rode my bus. This was in about 75 or 76. He lived east of Fisk on the other side of a ditch. I think he had several older brothers and sisters.
I hope this helps. I also hope that the birth mother wants to be found.
whatever

Brookfield, CT

#16 Feb 16, 2010
O wise one wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I'm not concerned about you, just the family that I kinow. You didn't have to put your business on here like you did. You can find someone without doing that. As for a child being a "dark secret," why do you think adoptions are sealed. People don't want others to know they have put a child up for adoption. Well, most don't. I will tell you this, I have known the Rushing family for a lot of years, and I don't know of any adoptions. Yet, people are talking now, I can assure you. That's all I have to say on the matter. As for rude, read your own post.
lol. You're a piece of sh*t. Hope you feel better about yourself since you found out her child has cancer and all she needs is a little information. Why do you feel the need to be the self appointed protector of this family? You truly make me sick.
Nana

Cape Girardeau, MO

#17 Feb 16, 2010
I agree with you, whatever!
not stupid

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Feb 16, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're a piece of sh*t. Hope you feel better about yourself since you found out her child has cancer and all she needs is a little information. Why do you feel the need to be the self appointed protector of this family? You truly make me sick.
I was adopted and I see through all this. If she cared about her birth mother, would she make a public spectacle of the family? You don't do this to someone you care for. Every family has something "in their blood," and doing this to someone won't stop it. I'm in my sixties, and I've made it without knowing these things, and I know who my birth family is too. I've yet to do anything like this to them. What if she digs up something that is best left buried? If she is who she says she is at all. Maybe you would like someone putting you and your families lives on Topix.
Jennifer Dickerson

Phenix City, AL

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Just want you to know... "not stupid" If i could take these postings off here i would. i emailed the lady that posted them this morning and asked her to remove them.

As for living without information... I've also done this for the last 36 years. My doctor was the one that suggested I try and find my family history because of the kind of cancer that it is.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone or bring out anyone's "dirty laundry" I WANT TO HLEP MY KIDS!!!

I can't even believe all this!!!
Jennifer Dickerson

Phenix City, AL

#20 Feb 16, 2010
Well I'm tried of being dragged though the mud... I was only trying to help my children. I never meant to hurt anyone or drag up things from the past! I'm DONE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk about Kevin Lee Young instead 28 min Kevin Clark Smothers 23
Mark Twain Caring Center - Negligence 1 hr Pissed 217
Mo checkpoint funding cut to $1 6 hr Smackdown 38
department of mental health on PP HWY (Feb '13) 6 hr Derick 203
The reason people hate cops (Nov '08) 7 hr Smackdown 11
Embezzling Union Funds. 8 hr Guest 26
Tyler Russom 9 hr Ready 11

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance