ABC

Poplar Bluff, MO

#22 Apr 18, 2012
Brown was the AD. He was over worked and under appreciated according to him, lmao. He needed to go, as well as fraizer. Now the next to go...can't wait to see. This is getting better and better for bluff and kids.
old timer

Sainte Genevieve, MO

#23 Apr 18, 2012
if they canned brown it is the smartest thing they ever did
Really

Springfield, MO

#24 Apr 18, 2012
Curious wrote:
What or who is the AD?
Coach Jim Brown
Really

Springfield, MO

#25 Apr 18, 2012
ABC wrote:
Brown was the AD. He was over worked and under appreciated according to him, lmao. He needed to go, as well as fraizer. Now the next to go...can't wait to see. This is getting better and better for bluff and kids.
You and Old Timer are crazy... Walk the shoes of the AD and see how you fair.
ABC

Poplar Bluff, MO

#26 Apr 18, 2012
Hope its just a start!!! Hon is next, he is as worthless as Brown and FrAIZER, MAYBE WORSE!!! THIS GROUP GOT RID OF BILLINGTON AND PRICE!!!!! IT TAKE TIME TO WASH AWAY THE SH)+....
a real taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#27 Apr 18, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Old Timer are crazy... Walk the shoes of the AD and see how you fair.
The Bluff needs an AD like the Titanic needed another iceberg. The job that is being done by the AD can be done by a secretary and the head coach of each sport. It will save the taxpayers big dollars, which are in short supply. PB needs to get it's priorities in order to save this district. The last time I checked a school system was supposed to be about education of students, not a retirement zone for ex coaches and bloated administration.
HA HA

Springfield, MO

#28 Apr 18, 2012
a real taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bluff needs an AD like the Titanic needed another iceberg. The job that is being done by the AD can be done by a secretary and the head coach of each sport. It will save the taxpayers big dollars, which are in short supply. PB needs to get it's priorities in order to save this district. The last time I checked a school system was supposed to be about education of students, not a retirement zone for ex coaches and bloated administration.
So how happy would you be if they hire another AD? Based on your mathematical equations this is purely a numbers thing to you
ABC wanna be

Poplar Bluff, MO

#29 Apr 18, 2012
Chris Hon is a sleezy, slimy scum bag
know

Poplar Bluff, MO

#30 Apr 18, 2012
ABC wanna be wrote:
Chris Hon is a sleezy, slimy scum bag
yes yes yes
a real taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#31 Apr 19, 2012
HA HA wrote:
<quoted text>
So how happy would you be if they hire another AD? Based on your mathematical equations this is purely a numbers thing to you
No, it is more than math. Much monetary waste has gone on in the sports program that has been hidden from the general public ( just ask teachers and many past board members). Problems have come forward with the moral leadership of many of the coaches. Problems have been shown with coaches conduct toward the student body. The image of PB sports is not very well taken, except inside the booster club. JB was well compensated for his job, but on his watch things have not gone well. In business the man at the top takes the heat. The mess cannot be cleaned up at the bottom if the person at the top stays. No it is not monetary, it is trying to save a sports program and a school district.
Dude

Dexter, MO

#32 Apr 19, 2012
Really wrote:
He is one of the only few that would and did everything possible to make that school better.
LOL!!! Good one! He was a complete dick to pretty much every person he came into contact with...
WOW

United States

#33 Apr 19, 2012
The board needs to look at the BUS program. The drivers dont care about child safety, they speed down gravel roads and run stop signs and nothing is ever done about it. There are videos that parents have and have turned them in to Hon and Butler County and it didnt do any good. The parents of the kids should stand up and PROTECT the kids....
American

United States

#34 Apr 19, 2012
WOW wrote:
The board needs to look at the BUS program. The drivers dont care about child safety, they speed down gravel roads and run stop signs and nothing is ever done about it. There are videos that parents have and have turned them in to Hon and Butler County and it didnt do any good. The parents of the kids should stand up and PROTECT the kids....
. I reported a speeding bus as well going down a country road super fast. Nothing was ever done. The bus was full of children too. But then when there's a bus wreck on the news, its always someone else's fault. Humm.
guest1

Van Nuys, CA

#35 Apr 19, 2012
I'm thinking of taking my kids out of school. They can force celebrations of Easter, Valentines Day, Christmas, and Halloween on our children. I don't think this is right. We don't celebrate any holiday like these. We've done our research and they are Pagan. It's ok if you are Pagan; we are not. I don't think they should celebrate any holiday if they aren't going to celebrate ALL faith's holidays. JMO.
Sorry4URKIDS

Dallas, TX

#36 Apr 19, 2012
guest1 wrote:
I'm thinking of taking my kids out of school. They can force celebrations of Easter, Valentines Day, Christmas, and Halloween on our children. I don't think this is right. We don't celebrate any holiday like these. We've done our research and they are Pagan. It's ok if you are Pagan; we are not. I don't think they should celebrate any holiday if they aren't going to celebrate ALL faith's holidays. JMO.
Feel free to leave this great country any time you want. Your non christian believes will be welcomed some place e else!
Scared for pbhs

Poplar Bluff, MO

#37 Apr 19, 2012
a real taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is more than math. Much monetary waste has gone on in the sports program that has been hidden from the general public ( just ask teachers and many past board members). Problems have come forward with the moral leadership of many of the coaches. Problems have been shown with coaches conduct toward the student body. The image of PB sports is not very well taken, except inside the booster club. JB was well compensated for his job, but on his watch things have not gone well. In business the man at the top takes the heat. The mess cannot be cleaned up at the bottom if the person at the top stays. No it is not monetary, it is trying to save a sports program and a school district.
Do you know how many new coaches on the current staff were hired by the current AD? I do!!! Do your home work before running off at the mouth! Also do you know how many coaches were terminated based on the recommenddation of the AD? I do! Again do your home work. The stipend for the AD position is very small compared to most schools of our size! As far as what this AD has done..... Well look at our facilities and how they compare to any ones in the state and then realize that the AD you are hammering raised the majority of those funds outside of the yearly budget! There are so many areas the common person will never realize how lucky they were to have a person that had the larger picture in mind. I am scared for the future o my children!!! Will they be fine.... Sure! Will they have everything they could have had..... Absolutely not!!!!!! BOTTOM LINE
a real taxpayer

Van Nuys, CA

#38 Apr 19, 2012
Scared for pbhs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many new coaches on the current staff were hired by the current AD? I do!!! Do your home work before running off at the mouth! Also do you know how many coaches were terminated based on the recommenddation of the AD? I do! Again do your home work. The stipend for the AD position is very small compared to most schools of our size! As far as what this AD has done..... Well look at our facilities and how they compare to any ones in the state and then realize that the AD you are hammering raised the majority of those funds outside of the yearly budget! There are so many areas the common person will never realize how lucky they were to have a person that had the larger picture in mind. I am scared for the future o my children!!! Will they be fine.... Sure! Will they have everything they could have had..... Absolutely not!!!!!! BOTTOM LINE
You are full of Bull. Nothing you said can be backed up. It is evident that you are a Brown family member or are one of the brainwashed former sports players of PB. My suggestion to you is, to get off your duff and actually check out what has been going on with the PB sports program. You will change your story.
Parent

Poplar Bluff, MO

#39 Apr 19, 2012
Scared for pbhs wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know how many new coaches on the current staff were hired by the current AD? I do!!! Do your home work before running off at the mouth! Also do you know how many coaches were terminated based on the recommenddation of the AD? I do! Again do your home work. The stipend for the AD position is very small compared to most schools of our size! As far as what this AD has done..... Well look at our facilities and how they compare to any ones in the state and then realize that the AD you are hammering raised the majority of those funds outside of the yearly budget! There are so many areas the common person will never realize how lucky they were to have a person that had the larger picture in mind. I am scared for the future o my children!!! Will they be fine.... Sure! Will they have everything they could have had..... Absolutely not!!!!!! BOTTOM LINE
Are you serious? Anyone can be replaced for any position. The big question here is can someone fill the shoes of a predecessor. I'd say his shoes will be easily filled. I've been watching this program for several years and have seen little success. Sure anyone can raise money with golf tournaments and soliciting donations. Especially when these fundraising programs were already in place when they took the job. I haven't seen an adequate promotion of the sports program in several years. The parents, students and community has lost faith in the program.

To those that think that athletics is not important. Unless you have a child in the school system I'm sure you pay little attention to anything but sports. Sports is an avenue to bring the community together as a team. When the sports programs are doing well people are more likely to support the whole system. When a community is bought in they will be more likely to support tax bonds to help our school system. Don't get me wrong I believe we want and need excellent academic programs, but you can't have just part of the puzzle to build a great school district.
BRAVO

Saint Paul, MN

#40 Apr 19, 2012
Really wrote:
The school board fired the AD last night... Wow.. He is one of the only few that would and did everything possible to make that school better. They voted 6-1 in favor of that. I believe they all need to go.
WELL SAID! All the idiots getting paid in that school system & they decide to can 1 of the ONLY good ones left. Thought these new school board members were supposed to help... I am taking my kids out of those god awful school system. There's not a good person worth pi**ing on, on that whole board ...except "MAYBE" the 1 who voted to keep him. What a sad outlook for PB's future!
Honest Truth

Dexter, MO

#41 Apr 20, 2012
Scared for pbhs wrote:
<quoted text>
Name 1 improvement made to any athletic facility or even 1 improvement to the athletic program under is watch.

Oh and adding A/C to the gym doesn't count, he had nothing to do with that.

Anxiously awaiting your response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do not go to morris motors!!! 6 min ghost 13
Foad 18 min Foad 1
New blue mustang 3 hr Lol 10
To my best friend 3 hr notoverit 17
Kristen chilton 3 hr Miller 2
Remembering Twin Rivers High Classmates who hav... (Oct '08) 3 hr unsolved 263
News 2 Walmart stores in southeast Missouri to close 6 hr Resident 4

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance