What do you do?
Andy

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 8, 2011
My coin change only
Old skool

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 8, 2011
They don't even take the trash, coin change would be more than enough. Do they pay thier servers less than minimum wage?
lawn guy

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2011
if she is nice looking $2.00 and change.

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2011
one dollar every time I go
Nope

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2011
I give them the same tip I give the people at McDonalds when they bring me my food. They all make the same pay.
well damn

United States

#10 Jan 8, 2011
if I stay at Sonic and eat I tip. The car hops usually come by and ask if u need anything. But other than that no. I always thought as high as the food is there, the tip has to be included.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Jan 8, 2011
the carhops used to make min. wage. now they dont. they make somewhere abouts 4 something an hour, give or take. they should come and check on you and ask if you need anything, especially if they want to make any money. so technicallt they work for their tips. some people dont knwo that, they still think they make min. wage
well damn

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2011
If it is some kid in high school working, I do tip. You are right about the carhops not making min wage. But if it is some overgrown 30 something female\male bringing me my food, uhhh NO.
well damn

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2011
well thank you for that information. I most definitely won't be tipping.
carhop

United States

#15 Jan 8, 2011
Worker your stupid..if your gettin paid min wage carhoppin then ur not workin under he right number and your stealin from the rest of us
anon

Faridabad, India

#17 Jan 8, 2011
I thought they got paid minimum wage at Sonic?

Regardless, sometimes I tip, and sometimes I don't. It all depends on the level of service I receive. That's the way it should be. I hate this idea that a tip is expected. The whole idea behind a tip is that you received service above and beyond your expectations, and therefore feel they deserve extra.

Like someone else said...when I go to McDonald's, I don't tip them. It shouldn't be expected at other fast food restaurants, just because they choose not to have a drive-thru. So, I don't tip at Sonic as a given. I have to be impressed.
carhop

United States

#18 Jan 8, 2011
Your ignorant. Carhops do not make 7.25 an hour its 4. And with the rude stuckup customers we have to deal we deserve something. Hello if you want your food get off the damn phone and lose the attitude like your better then us.
well damn

United States

#19 Jan 8, 2011
carhop wrote:
Your ignorant. Carhops do not make 7.25 an hour its 4. And with the rude stuckup customers we have to deal we deserve something. Hello if you want your food get off the damn phone and lose the attitude like your better then us.
well damn. U "deserve". That's the problem with people these days. Noone told you to get a job carhopping at Sonic. The only thing you deserve from working is a paycheck, not a damn tip. I got a tip for you. If we Sonic customers are so rude and stuck up, get another job. Comments like that will make me STOP eating there.
Hmmm

Ridgway, PA

#20 Jan 8, 2011
You may or may not make minimum wage as a base pay, I don't really care. But the law states that waitresses must be reimbursed by the employer if the amount of tips + hourly rate is less than min. wage. If tips don't bring you up the min wage per hour worked, then Sonic must increase your wages for that pay period.
carhop

United States

#21 Jan 8, 2011
What we deserve is respect instead of being treated like were beneath you. We don't get complaints from any of the other customers on North Side.
well damn

United States

#22 Jan 8, 2011
the topic was tipping. Which I do when I eat there as I would at any resturant..with good customer service, of course. A tip is not something you deserve. I run my own business and I don't get tipped and I don't complain. Part of customer service is dealing with all kinds of people. No one said working at Sonic was beneath anyone except for you. At this day and age, a job is a paycheck alot of people don't have the luxury of having. If you have a complex about your job, get another one where you don't feel so demeaning.
hex

Poplar Bluff, MO

#23 Jan 9, 2011
A dollar unless I have stiffed the server before because of using my card. Then three.
Marcus

Doniphan, MO

#24 Jan 9, 2011
I tip anyone who brings me food. I tip them well too. At least 20%. Sonic food is a leap above other fast food in my opinion, and the only fast food we eat. The women/girls who bring me our food are out there when it's hotter than hell..and they're there when it'd colder than blue blazes.
little angle

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#25 Jan 9, 2011
Hello hex getting hot down there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which Witch Meeting 46 min Magic Lady 9
Two DAYS of inaction and he blames both sides. 51 min Karla Z 68
hannah katheryn 58 min Like her karaoke 73
4th Monday 1 hr Here you go 3
Did you read it 1 hr No more 2
nicole lynn (Jul '13) 1 hr daddy 37
Harps 1 hr CallmeAdam 53

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance