First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PBHS Grad

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Mar 26, 2008
With all of the talk being around the TRCC Board let's talk about the PB School District Election. I think I'm going to vote for Matt Riffle and Steve Sells these are two good men that I know can restore some trust in the schools.
hugh

Columbia, MO

#2 Mar 26, 2008
both are excellent candidates, but restoring trust is going to take people going to the school board meetings and talking to administrators, not just sitting here make comments that they know nothing about.
Someones Angel

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Mar 26, 2008
I always heard Steve's wife killed herself? Was that true?
well

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Someones Douche wrote:
What a jerk!
someone

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Mar 26, 2008
Someones Angel wrote:
FYI....they were divorced. She had a history of mental illness. Steve is a very nice christian man who is taking very good care of their daughters. He cares about this community and the school district. I think he would do a great job, as well as Matt Riffle.

AND...YOU ARE A JERK FOR EVEN MENTIONING THAT!
Hulshof for Governor

Van Nuys, CA

#6 Mar 26, 2008
I would say Matt Riffle would be a wonderful choice.
PB Native

Williamsville, MO

#7 Apr 7, 2008
Matt Riffle, Steve Sells, Dan Ward
This is a thankless job. It requires a lot of time, not just showing up for board meetings.
Anyone but Riffle

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2008
he has some bad motives for being on the schoolboard.
he wants to be on the school board to settle some old scores.
i wont be voting for him
Steve Sells, Dan Ward, Roger Strickland
Geeze

Poplar Bluff, MO

#9 Apr 7, 2008
Please if you have any respect for the BOE please do not vote for Strickland. He is such a freakin mooch, and all he does is worry about when they are gonna feed him next. I know he has a disability and I'm probably gonna get reamed for making this comment but its the truth ask anyone in administration.. We need more brains on the BOE not bumbs.
PB Native

Williamsville, MO

#10 Apr 8, 2008
anyone heard who won
Voter

Columbia, MO

#11 Apr 9, 2008
Matt Riffle
Steve Sells
Roger Strickland

a shame that Dan ward lost
You-are-wrong

Saint Peters, MO

#12 Jun 10, 2008
She did not have a history of mental illness.
PBHS

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Jun 10, 2008
You-are-wrong wrote:
You are thinking of his current girlfriend.
teacher

United States

#14 Jun 10, 2008
Geeze wrote:
Please if you have any respect for the BOE please do not vote for Strickland. He is such a freakin mooch, and all he does is worry about when they are gonna feed him next. I know he has a disability and I'm probably gonna get reamed for making this comment but its the truth ask anyone in administration.. We need more brains on the BOE not bumbs.
You are completely clueless! Roger Strickland is one of the best board memebers ever. He has the time to dedicate to the job. He visits the schools frequently and talks to the teachers, staff, and students. HE CARES. He is also the one who started the program "sole providers". It provides shoes (brand new name brand color of their choice) to needy students. All the teachers have to do is send a child to the nurse to get their foot measured, send a permission slip home to the students parent to sign and they get a free pair of shoes within a matter of days.
You obviously don't know Roger Strickland or attend school board meetings. He is one of the most respectable gentleman in Poplar Bluff. We are fortunate to have him on the school board. Maybe you are someone from administration. Roger is known for holding them accountable. He is upset that kids are only recieving $25 this year for summer school.(Twin Rivers kids get $100).

Thanks Roger for all you do!
teacher

United States

#15 Jun 10, 2008
Geeze wrote:
As for the lunch thing... He visits schools to make sure the kids are recieving adequate portions. Some children's best meal comes from school. As sad as it may seem. He is notoriously known for getting on the cooks for being stingy. Maybe you're one of them since you're on here bad mouthing him.

As for his disability... Why bring it up? What does it have to do with anything. He hasn't and doesn't let him stop him. He is a tremendous role model to kids with disabilities (since you brought it up)!
teacher

United States

#16 Jun 10, 2008
Geeze wrote:
One more thing...

Who actually pays a visit to all the schools to see what's going on instead of merely listening to their upper class aquaintances at "THE" big church? ROGER STRICKLAND!

Really people, use your brains. How does a doctor (who already serves on other boards) have the time to dedicate to a school board? Just because someone has Dr. in front of their name doesn't make them a great candidate. It just tells me they're very busy with their own career. Oh well, maybe his influence will help out!
C U in Sunday School

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Jun 10, 2008
Oh no, Here we go again! Just because you go to 1st Baptist, you are suddenly Thurston Howell the third! Not everyone who goes there is wealthy.
What do people say about the "Palace of Praise"? Isn't that a little bit like what they are saying about the "Big Church"?
First Baptist is a warm and wonderful church full of God-loving people. Please stop by and feel welcome from our members.
Wrong girl

Poplar Bluff, MO

#18 Jun 10, 2008
You-are-wrong wrote:
The new girlfriend is the one who has done some strange things to get men to feel sorry for her.(Like faking serious illnesses and faking having a stalker.) Really Bizarre stuff to get men...including ....
Wrong girl

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Jun 10, 2008
Steve is a great guy...if only he knew the whole story about the person he dates!
You-are-wrong

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Jun 11, 2008
Yes, Steve is a great guy and an awesome dad. He's perfect for the school board, because he really does care.

But his ex-wife was a wonderful person and did not have a history of mental illness.

Don't know anything about his current GF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Brandon Wilburn 6 min Guest 14
mayor Angela Pearson (Jan '15) 13 min Larry Miller 56
Kittie Stafford (Nov '10) 34 min Stan 17
Who has the biggest D:ck you’ve taken? 57 min Gullible Much 5
Anybody know Dale Dunavant? 1 hr someone 2
What’s the biggest guy you have had 1 hr Better Than That 29
Jeff battles 2 hr Hate runs deep 1

Poplar Bluff Jobs

Personal Finance

Poplar Bluff Mortgages