anyone know how he is?
guest2

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Oct 13, 2008
hes on drugs and has a kid..
thischick

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Are you talking about the older or youner mark hicks? dont EVEN get me started about the eldest
interested

Faridabad, India

#4 Oct 13, 2008
what about the eldest?
sort of heard

Faridabad, India

#5 Oct 13, 2008
that the eldest hicks is a pervert.
beetle

Faridabad, India

#6 Oct 13, 2008
sort of heard wrote:
that the eldest hicks is a pervert.
is this the same mark hicks that is a foster parent in butler county?
sort of heard

Faridabad, India

#7 Oct 13, 2008
beetle wrote:
<quoted text>
is this the same mark hicks that is a foster parent in butler county?
yep
thischick

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 13, 2008
Oh, well see I dont know much about the Mark that is a foster parent. There are 2 Mark Hicks in Poplar Bluff...actually 4...two seniors and 2 juniors. I havent ever really heard anything bad about the one that is a foster parent..but the other one is a PERV
sjklsdf

Columbia, MO

#9 Oct 15, 2008
My sister is dating Mark Hicks (the Foster parent) son and he seems like a really nice guy. He must be he took in all those kids to have a home.

“Was that you??”

Since: Oct 08

Poplar Bluff

#10 Oct 15, 2008
He is nice...and cute...but also a druggie.

“Was that you??”

Poplar Bluff

#11 Oct 15, 2008
And who wouldnt take on those kids? You know how much foster parents get? I dont know for a fact but I hear its not a bad business to get into. They seem to be good parents...the only one that really turned out kinda bad was Marky...and he isnt a woman beater or nothin...just likes his drugs.
agree

Faridabad, India

#12 Oct 15, 2008
its me again margaret wrote:
He is nice...and cute...but also a druggie.
Yep.
Mom2many

Penrose, CO

#13 Oct 15, 2008
And who wouldnt take on those kids? You know how much foster parents get? I dont know for a fact but I hear its not a bad business to get into. They seem to be good parents...the only one that really turned out kinda bad was Marky...and he isnt a woman beater or nothin...just likes his drugs.

You have got to be kidding me. Maybe you need to call FS and find out how much Foster Parents are really paid before you go assuming it such a great profession to be in. When you consider that the state of MO is ranked 49th in the nation as the lowest paying for foster parents. It is not a paying business to be in. It takes special people to raise other peoples children, for a year or two, and then see them go back to the same terrible life they were in before.
Huh

Chagrin Falls, OH

#14 Oct 15, 2008
Didn't he adopt Frankie Heredia-Hicks? He didn't turn out too good. He was in the car with the Freeman boy when he got killed, right? I think he is still locked up. He was a little thief.
ex foster parent

United States

#15 Oct 15, 2008
if you believe that foster parents get paid so much, then why don't you be one. i was a foster parent for 6 years and with the money i got for the kids it wasn't enough to keep them in clothes much less anything else. for an example: i was getting $400 a mth for a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old. my 2 yr old was still in diapers, and growing like all baby's do,my 4 yr old was in school and growing. so you take that money and you divide between their clothes, diapers, school supplies, daycare, food. and see what you have left.

“Was that you??”

Poplar Bluff

#16 Oct 16, 2008
Well, first of all, I said I HEARD IT WASNT A BAD BUSINESS TO GET INTO. And, now that I think about it, I think they adopted most of the kids they fostered, which means they lose the help all together, right? I dont know anything about foster parenting, I am just going by what I have heard. If I wanted to be a foster parent, I would do it. Dont get me wrong, they are special people. Anybody that takes kids in from bad homes or the state's custody is a damn good person. I wasnt knocking damn foster parenting...sheesh.
Yes they did have a foster child named Frankie. They also adopted a boy named Ralph. He is a little on the strange side, but seems to have grown up to be a productive citizen...always working EVERY time I see him. They had LOTS of kids...I bet there were no less than 8 foster kids, plus their own. I have kids and I know what it takes to raise them...I need no lesson in that, thanks y'all.
ex foster parent

Faridabad, India

#17 Oct 16, 2008
Well, first of all, I said I HEARD IT WASNT A BAD BUSINESS TO GET INTO. And, now that I think about it, I think they adopted most of the kids they fostered, which means they lose the help all together, right? I dont know anything about foster parenting, I am just going by what I have heard. If I wanted to be a foster parent, I would do it. Dont get me wrong, they are special people. Anybody that takes kids in from bad homes or the state's custody is a damn good person. I wasnt knocking damn foster parenting...sheesh.
Yes they did have a foster child named Frankie. They also adopted a boy named Ralph. He is a little on the strange side, but seems to have grown up to be a productive citizen...always working EVERY time I see him. They had LOTS of kids...I bet there were no less than 8 foster kids, plus their own. I have kids and I know what it takes to raise them...I need no lesson in that, thanks y'all.
didn't say you were knocking it, i just was saying that it isn't what you think it is. the money doesn't stop just because you adopt them, but it still isn't enough to raise them without having a job. i adopted 2 kids from foster care ( have and never will regret doing it). i couldn't imagine where my boys would be if they were still in foster care. some people do it just for the money until they find out that they still have to work to support them.
yea

Poplar Bluff, MO

#18 Oct 16, 2008
mark hicks the 20 something yearold is a drug dealer. My ex drug dealer actually untill he stole my ps2.

“Was that you??”

Poplar Bluff

#19 Oct 17, 2008
yea wrote:
mark hicks the 20 something yearold is a drug dealer. My ex drug dealer actually untill he stole my ps2.
Sounds about right there...BUT a drug DEALER he isnt...never has been. A middle man, yes.
Marty McFly

Florissant, MO

#20 Oct 17, 2008
I just wanna know if being a foster parent pays better the future Obama redistribution of wealth checks... I'm just trying to weigh my options.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canceling my subscription to the DAR 16 min anonymous 11
i need to buy a car today for 3 or 4 hundred do... (Feb '09) 19 min big homie 140
Sunday's DAR Front Page 1 hr Tough to prove 9
privacy fence rules and regulations in town (Feb '12) 2 hr rainbowskelanimal 23
Why is MCN so hot? 2 hr ushouldhavebeensw... 12
Chelsea Lerma had genital warts!! 4 hr Twood 1
Monique Coleman 6 hr ok 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poplar Bluff Mortgages