Why does my husband treat me like his...

Why does my husband treat me like his child?

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
help me

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2009
Does anyone else have a husband that constantly makes you feel like a five year old who got caught lying?
help me

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2009
Sometimes he makes me feel so stupid and worthless that I feel I would be better off dead. I am becoming more depressed each and every day. I wonder that if I killed myself if he would even miss me or at least realize that he has a great wife.
billy bob

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Apr 7, 2009
how old is your husband and you
Niki

Patton, MO

#4 Apr 7, 2009
well my husband acts like I am dumb all the time and that he knows every thang but I just lash back at him and call him out and that makes him mad!! but killing your self is not the answer leave him and find someone tha will treat you good!!
well

Faridabad, India

#5 Apr 7, 2009
I am not married, but my boyfriend treats me like I'm 5 years old sometimes. Our situation doesn't sound anything like yours though. Like if I do/say something he doesn't like he tends to punish me like a kid and then not talk to me for a few days. Makes it easy for him because we're doing the long distance thing at the moment.

Please don't kill yourself. If you are unhappy in the marriage, you need to take charge of the situation and get out of it or figure out what will make you happy again.
help me

United States

#6 Apr 7, 2009
I am 22 and my husband is 24. Why do you ask?
cbcbcbcb

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Apr 7, 2009
dear help ,me... you need to stop thinking like that, never let anyone put you down to the point of ending your life, life is a wonderful gift... if he is making you feel this wasy then it sounds that you are clincally depressed, make an appointment , speak to someone, there is medication out there, therapy. something...life is worth living....I am so sorry ... but believe me.. I have been there done that... LOVE DOES NOT HURT! LOVE should make you feel warm, safe, protected, Take Care Sweetie...
cbcbcbcb

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Apr 7, 2009
there is a 1-800 sucide hotline for people who need it, the number is in front of the phone book.
help me

United States

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Here is the big thing though. He is really the best husband and father to our children that anyone could ever have. He would do anything in the world possible for me, and I know that. It's just that sometimes I feel like he hates me or resents on what he has had to go through with me. Which has been a whole lot. Take my word for it.
help me

United States

#10 Apr 7, 2009
I don't think that I could actually kill myself though. I am not brave enough for that. If I was to, I know how I would do it. Pills. For sure.

“The REAL Crazy Joe!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Apr 7, 2009
The reason that your husband treats you like a child is because you are a dumba$$ and you let him treat you that way! If you had a spine and you were to stand up to him then he would probably learn his lesson!
help me

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2009
I was thinking about just having an affair and secretly having something to laugh at when he hurts my feelings. What do you think about that.

“The REAL Crazy Joe!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Apr 7, 2009
help me wrote:
I was thinking about just having an affair and secretly having something to laugh at when he hurts my feelings. What do you think about that.
Then you have to worry about getting AIDS or dandruff!

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2009
help me wrote:
Thats not the answer be there done that,it only makes you feel worse and guilt,you just need to stand up and say i left my Da when we all were married and you no longer need a Daddy figure watchin and telling you what to do.but dont cheat.
angela

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Apr 8, 2009
I've been here, it is hard to get out when u have children -they threaten to take them from u. They may be good parents and it may seem like he'd do anything for you but if he makes you feel this way and knows it...he isn't doing anything for you. You think you need him for protection and you don't trust me you are strong. I did do the cheating thing to have something to "laugh" about inside. It made me feel like a cheap piece of trash...and i felt guilty so thought i deserved anything he dished out...My children and I are much happier now that he's gone. I honestly thought I was keeping my torment a secret from everyone but it was known by my children.. As hard as i tried to keep it from them they saw. If you feel bad enough to get online and talk about killing yourself it isn't getting any better-take care of it...no matter what he went through with you he shouldn't be punishing you. he should have left if he wasn't happy. You killing yourself wouldn't make anything better, it would make things worse. I would imagine my children looking down and asking why mommy didn't want to live with them, it would upset me but i kept going and making the best of it...now i wish i would have left a long time ago. Honey i did it for 6 years and it shouldn't have lasted a month. i wish every day i would have left sooner.
chidoug

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 8, 2009
i see that you say that he is a good parent, but i don't see it that way if he is teaching his children this is how you treat your other half.
good hearted woman

Chagrin Falls, OH

#17 Apr 8, 2009
I've been there and done that also. Take a stand girl!! I was afraid at first because my husband was a good dad too. I was afraid that I wouldnt make it on my own with the kids. But guess what? I have made it and I am going GREAT! I thought about taking pills to end my life also, but my kids were my strength. I didn't want them to grow up all messed up thinking that their mom didn't want them. Stay strong and TAKE A STAND! Tell him that you aren't going to take it anymore!! Go out,get a job, show him that you don't HAVE to be with him for anything! Good luck Girl! Life is too short to live it miserably.
Curio

Santa Barbara, CA

#18 Apr 8, 2009
I feel 95% or more of being a good parent is being an image of which your children can replicate. Reguardless of what u say or attempt 2 teach them u r already showing them what is & isn't right. Your children will b or marry some1 like u or your husband. Its just natural.
Just a Mom

Eminence, MO

#19 Apr 8, 2009
Have you told him how he makes you feel? My first husband had me thinking I was the stupidest person on this earth! He talked down to me all the time. I did not want a divorce; I was only in my 20's and had a small child. But...long story short-we got a divorce, I went to work, raised my child by myself,and found out I was a lot stronger than I thought. Today I am happily remarried to a great guy, have two more children, don't work, and have a lot of self-confidence. I was also depressed but all this actually helped me be a better, stronger person. Don't ever do anything to hurt yourself; your children will never understand. Stand up and tell him a few things need to change-starting with the way he treats you; he may not even realize it. If it doesn't change (could take a while) talk to someone; get some medication for depression; take charge of your life. You are a good person-you just need some self-confidence. We're all behind you 100%. He might even like the new you. It sounds like he loves you if he is good to you in other ways. Just give him a wake-up call.
i know

Qulin, MO

#20 Apr 8, 2009
get rid of him and find someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harps 31 min Deep 54
Poplar bluff downtown development 34 min Creamer 22
Center for Disease Control 1 hr Harv 6
Cambridge adult day care 2 hr Scott 6
I saw him 2 hr Rubber Boots 4
Why are blacks so angry (Jan '17) 2 hr Rubber Boots 96
Hydes catfish farm " hwy vv 2 hr Brian 8

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance