Whats up

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

I went there Saturday night and it was dead. Im a regular and have been for several years but man its getting bad. I like that place but Im not sure wha'ts giong on there. I dont want to have to go to W Club because I hate that violent place.
Turn turn Scooters into a country club. People want to do. Also $10 cover is going to keep people away, espcially when gas is $3.50 a gallon. Please lower the prices, play music that brings people out and get the word out. At this rate, the place ive been going to for yours is about to be gone forever

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

$10 cover? you have to be kidding me. hell here in chicago the cover to most bars, if they have one, is only 3 to 5 dollars.

shoot bud lite is bud lite, not sure that i am willing to pay 10 cover to sit and pay three times the amount for something i could drink at home... not unless you have a kick @ss band playing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

chidoug wrote:
$10 cover? you have to be kidding me. hell here in chicago the cover to most bars, if they have one, is only 3 to 5 dollars.
shoot bud lite is bud lite, not sure that i am willing to pay 10 cover to sit and pay three times the amount for something i could drink at home... not unless you have a kick @ss band playing
10$ cover charge!?! Did I read that right? I think the answer is bit more obvious.

The last time I went to W Club, we got to the parking lot and it was full of cop cars with police surrounding the joint. I figured that was a good sign that the W Club was close to announcing last call.

I personally don't want the BS that goes with these places. I have been to both of them, one occasion, I experienced nothing but rudeness from the patrons at Scooters, when I realized that the security people had no intentions of trying to control the hoodlums, my girl and I left, we wound up at a small place off of PP HWY. Yet again we had a fellow who was beyond drunk, and was becoming rude, the staff at this place, promptly took the man aside, and told him it was time to go. That impressed me.
If I could remember the name of the place I would surely mention it.

Poplar Bluff

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

It's a $10 cover charge because they are having bands play. If there weren't bands playing it'd be the normal 3 or 5 bucks they used to charge. I was there last night and the band playing was good I thought. They just sang a lot of country.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

still, even with a band i don't pay no 10 cover. plus i never paid a cover to just get in a bar.

matter of fact the last band i seen was on opening night of the white sox and didn't have to pay a cover.

actually thinking about it now, i haven't paid a cover in about 5 yrs.... i guess the bars down there need the extra revenue
amused

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Scooters' has slowly gone done hill in the last few months. The club is now having bands every night...kinda funny to me that they didn't start doing that until the new manager came along....who happens to be really good buddies with the manager of dub club.....sounds to me the plan is to take down scooters.....who the hell would turn a dance club into a country bar? A 10 dollar cover on a saturday night....everyone knows that bands are not going to work on the night everyone wasnts to go and dance.

Poplar Bluff

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

If you go to just a bar..yeah there's no cover. Scooters isn't just a bar. Now i'm not saying that 10 bucks isn't outrageous, but it's because of the bands. And I agree that scooters is going downhill.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

sassychica wrote:
If you go to just a bar..yeah there's no cover. Scooters isn't just a bar.
if it isn't just a bar, then what is it.

i've been there and it looked like a bar to me

Poplar Bluff

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

It may not be much of a dance club...but that's what it is.

And yes I realize you can go to just a bar and dance, but it's not the same.

Do you have nothing better to do than nitpick what every person says on here.
Whats up

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

I just dont understand why the owner/manager would want the place to go out of business. Im loyal to to scooters because they've always treated me well but each week there are less and less people. I dont think I will go out there anymore after this weekend and it sadends me.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

sassychica wrote:
It may not be much of a dance club...but that's what it is.
And yes I realize you can go to just a bar and dance, but it's not the same.
Do you have nothing better to do than nitpick what every person says on here.
LMAO@U.... dance club... and yes i have much to do, some better, some not so much. but thanks for the laugh... really
janea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

hey rex and chris...the bar is named SHELLYS...if it is the same place i saw you guys at a did a great thing for a friend!!!
janea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

hey i would give Rex $10 to play at any bar around here..He is Good at what he does....

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

sorry... i still get a kick out of scooters being called a dance club. funny stuff.

even when i did go to a "real" dance club i never paid to get in.
It does suck now

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Scooters has went downhill and fast. It was the place to be a couple years ago. Even a year ago it was pretty good. The last few months it really started to suck. I hope its not true, that its the managers goal to have W Club dominate the nightclub scene in Poplar Bluff. If so, we're all stuck going out to the hell hole known and Club W. I hate hanging out in a roughneck place thats the size of a postage stamp. At least Causbies is a cool place to hang out. But that being said, we still need a club to party at. That's getting close to be over.

Poplar Bluff

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

chidoug wrote:
sorry... i still get a kick out of scooters being called a dance club. funny stuff.
even when i did go to a "real" dance club i never paid to get in.
Okay, so everybody is not as high and mighty as asshole doug to not have to pay. That's okay. I wouldn't want to be in the same group as you.

Anyhow like I said, it may not be much of a dance club, that is it's purpose. That is what people go there for. They charge the cover because they know people around here will pay it because there is nothing else to do.

With that, I am done responding to you, high and mighty doug. Tootles.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

sassychica wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so everybody is not as high and mighty as asshole doug to not have to pay.
sorry you feel that way, but you wouldn't be able to hang with my group anyways, we aren't chickens. or low class, or allow someone to rip us off. sorry you do.
sassychica wrote:
They charge the cover because they know people around here will pay it because there is nothing else to do.
you pay because you and the rest that do are stupid. really you are because if you all stop paying then there wouldn't be a cover charge. really sorry you are stupid
sassychica wrote:
With that, I am done responding to you, high and mighty doug. Tootles.
please don't stop, who else am i going to laugh at? and tootles, sorry you chickshit, i got all my teeth

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

also if you got out of town one in a while you might actually run into a real dance club. again sorry your dum @ss is too stupid the figure that one out and still will to pay the cover

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

sassychica wrote:
With that, I am done responding to you, high and mighty doug.
i love the high and mighty. you stupid little hicks always come back with the lamest come backs. because i share my thought you come back with something that is said on the school yard.

LMAO@U

Since: Mar 08

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

reminds me of fes off of 70s show, remember his line?
IM THROUGH WITH U

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of101
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Poplar Bluff Forum right now

Search the Poplar Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 4 min guest 262
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 4 min guest 18,909
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min guest 92,109
Caitlin Michelle Jackson (Sep '11) 2 hr doubtful 4
Electronic Cigarettes (Jan '13) 2 hr Justin 22
nurse with tattoos at Tinsley Clinic 5 hr DollyDearest 27
DollyDearest Humiliated and Trolling as Guest 5 hr DollyDearest 20
•••
•••
•••
Poplar Bluff Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Poplar Bluff Jobs