briggs and stratton
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just wondering

Knox, PA

#1 Oct 8, 2009
i heard briggs was being sued by the workers who were laid off 4/17/09 because briggs is hireing from the public instead of bringing them back like briggs was suppose to
hum

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 Oct 8, 2009
just wondering wrote:
i heard briggs was being sued by the workers who were laid off 4/17/09 because briggs is hireing from the public instead of bringing them back like briggs was suppose to
Heard the same thing, but it won't happen. The ones that were laid off were the ones that had a tardy or an absence on their record. They can use that against them if they didn't have a good enough reason. But i'm not sure.
SHOOT THE MOON

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 8, 2009
you people should be happy, some shifts are getting overtime and they are actualy hiring (i put in an app.) regular people insted of calling prostaff like usual.
your wrong

Knox, PA

#4 Oct 10, 2009
i was laid off 4/17/09 because of senority i was told i would be called back before they would bring anybody in from the outside (i had no tardies,corrective actions, nothing against me)so if what every body is hearing is true i would like to know why briggs lied to me
lol

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 10, 2009
your wrong wrote:
i was laid off 4/17/09 because of senority i was told i would be called back before they would bring anybody in from the outside (i had no tardies,corrective actions, nothing against me)so if what every body is hearing is true i would like to know why briggs lied to me
probably because you complain too much.
what

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Oct 10, 2009
i dont know where you all are getting your information, but briggs is not hiring right now. they have a few prostaff workers there, but some of them are there temporarily while the regular worker is out on fmla leave. as soon as they hear back from them to see if they are coming back or not, the prostaff workers will be moved out and the regular full time workers will take their place. btw, im pretty sure they called back everyone that was coming back when they opened back up the final assembly line that was shut down when everyone was laid off.
Camoflauge

Faridabad, India

#7 Oct 11, 2009
I was having me a Captain and Coke and nickel plating some pennies, and then I got some bad chemicals on my lower extremity!!!! Twice!! Who was the blond girl standing to the left of me?
yep

Faridabad, India

#8 Oct 11, 2009
what wrote:
i dont know where you all are getting your information, but briggs is not hiring right now. they have a few prostaff workers there, but some of them are there temporarily while the regular worker is out on fmla leave. as soon as they hear back from them to see if they are coming back or not, the prostaff workers will be moved out and the regular full time workers will take their place. btw, im pretty sure they called back everyone that was coming back when they opened back up the final assembly line that was shut down when everyone was laid off.
This is correct.
my2centsworth

Patton, MO

#9 Oct 11, 2009
I work at Starting USA and we make motors for Briggs and Stratton and we also are hiring express people instead of the ones that were laid off.I would be a little ticked off too if I was one of the ones waiting to get called back.

Faridabad, India

#10 Oct 11, 2009
the reason Briggs is hiring temps instead of full timers is they have already stated there will be another lay off after the 1st of the year. This is the peak season so we are needing to produce more engines right now. In the future briggs will be more like nordyne doing layoff during off seasons to slow down production
Part time

United States

#12 Oct 11, 2009
You all are nuts. Temp line is that, a temp line. OK a temp line is expected to be layed off when the season gets slow. I bet they called and offered you a temp job and you said no. So there you have it. If you would have done your job in the first place then you would not have been cut
yep

Faridabad, India

#14 Oct 12, 2009
my2centsworth wrote:
I work at Starting USA and we make motors for Briggs and Stratton and we also are hiring express people instead of the ones that were laid off.I would be a little ticked off too if I was one of the ones waiting to get called back.
I doubt you work at SUSA, cuz you don't even have a clue about what you make. Motors, really? Last time I checked SUSA was in the business of making rewind assemblies as well as a few stamped parts like the starter cup and heat shields.
Toyota

Milwaukee, WI

#15 Oct 12, 2009
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you work at SUSA, cuz you don't even have a clue about what you make. Motors, really? Last time I checked SUSA was in the business of making rewind assemblies as well as a few stamped parts like the starter cup and heat shields.
Awsome, another liar shot down
husque

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Oct 16, 2009
I you got cut because of absentism or advisements you probably should have come to work when you were supposed to instead of playing the system. Why would you want to go back to the place that lied to you anyway? Briggs is a terrible place to work. They are a business and do not give a crap if you have to take off because of any little reason you can come up with. There are some good people that work there but if you got cut because of absentism you probably deserved it.
my2centsworth

Patton, MO

#17 Oct 16, 2009
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a liar just mistakenly said motors. I've always called them starter motors. Thanks for the correction.
Toyota

Milwaukee, WI

#19 Oct 16, 2009
my2centsworth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a liar just mistakenly said motors. I've always called them starter motors. Thanks for the correction.
A starter motor. Its not a motor at all. You might want to refer to it as a rewind assembly or a jerk rope.
thats bs

Brookville, PA

#20 Oct 16, 2009
i work at briggs and i know that they are hiring and bringing ing temps because they can pay them less than they pay you (they held a meeting and that is what was decided)sorry for your loss
duh

United States

#21 Oct 17, 2009
you are all so dumb! of course they will hire new temps. the temps will work for $7.5 an hour and the old workers want 15-20. u pick.. so all you lazy old workers who got laid off dont need to be sitting around waiting for a phone call
dodge

Brookville, PA

#22 Oct 17, 2009
I think they have the right to complain some of them was there for years and they had to go through alot of training to get 15-20 dollers an hour they earned their money i promise ya

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Oct 17, 2009
dodge wrote:
I think they have the right to complain some of them was there for years and they had to go through alot of training to get 15-20 dollers an hour they earned their money i promise ya
lol, they earned their money, if they werent at work, how did they earn money? If your not a reliable person that can be there every day, then your not needed, the fact is that EVERYONE is replaceable, its too bad that some of you idiots found out the hard way, but thats life...NOW GO FIND A FUCKING JOB!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP IS FINISHED! He is wanting a PARDON on HI... 55 min Smackdown2017 5
Trump meeting with his boss Putin 1 hr American Patriot 50
HHS hiring 5 hr justme 25
New Club House on B Highway 8 hr Lol 46
Officer Involved Shooting east of Poplar Bluff 8 hr damn 66
Michele Yates 8 hr ahdball 5
Devin Knox 9 hr Detrix 1

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance