First Prev
of 2
Next Last
poplar bluff citizen

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 14, 2009
what do you think about the Pasta house, closing today is the last day for it. I was in there for lunch yesterday and one of their employees told us that the 14th would be the last day then they close for 10 days to remodel and reopen as a family dinner.... The owners just gave the employees 4 days notice.. I sure couldnt go without 2 weeks pay without a little advanced warning. This is pretty s**ty of them I would say!
PB LPN

Greenbrier, AR

#2 Feb 14, 2009
What are they putting in there? I was in there last night and couldn't get anyone to seat us. The waiter we had was good, but the hostess was very rude.
Already Knew

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Feb 14, 2009
I heard about this on Friday. I hate to see The Pasta House leave, it's our ONLY Italian restaurant, for now. We have enough "Diner" type establishments, not enough specialty places to eat.

We have lost quite a few restaurants since the peak a few years ago...

Shoney's
Western Sizzlin'
Bordeaux Pizza
Quizino's
Ruby Tuesdays, and now...
Pasta House

With the exception of maybe Fazzoli's or White Castle, I doubt we get anymore chain restaurants for a LONG time.

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2009
Who owns the Pasta House in PB?
No surprise

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Feb 15, 2009
Poplar Bluff can't hold on to any restaurant that is not a buffet or burger joint. It has to contain fat and grease to the max to stay open. I think it sicks. I really like Pasta House. We have nothing else like it around here.
Anon

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Feb 15, 2009
Was told Pasta House would be turning into Ziggy's.
coming in

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Feb 15, 2009
I heard a ziggy's resteraunt will be going in there,its kinda like a shoneys...But who knows people talk and spread rumors quickly...I would love to see a White Castle come in....There are so many people out there who love them and could afford to go out and eat then.
I know

Troy, MO

#8 Feb 15, 2009
Pasta House out... Ziggy's in.
I know

Troy, MO

#9 Feb 15, 2009
http://ziggiescafe.com/

go to there website..
Richard

Sheridan, AR

#10 Feb 15, 2009
If the new place is going to employ the same useless staff how do they expect to make it? Pasta House had the worst service and uneven quality in their food. We went a few times when they first opened because I really like the one in Cape, but this one bore no resemblence other than menu..
Rico

Santa Barbara, CA

#11 Feb 15, 2009
poplar bluff citizen wrote:
what do you think about the Pasta house, closing today is the last day for it. I was in there for lunch yesterday and one of their employees told us that the 14th would be the last day then they close for 10 days to remodel and reopen as a family dinner.... The owners just gave the employees 4 days notice.. I sure couldnt go without 2 weeks pay without a little advanced warning. This is pretty s**ty of them I would say!
Man I love me some pasta too!
Spunky

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Feb 15, 2009
I've noticed that the food and service at Poplar Bluff chain restaurants are inferior to food and service available at the same restaurants in other towns.

(Some) People don't seem to care or have pride in their jobs, so you get what we have here as an end result.
I know

Troy, MO

#13 Feb 15, 2009
Spunky wrote:
I've noticed that the food and service at Poplar Bluff chain restaurants are inferior to food and service available at the same restaurants in other towns.
(Some) People don't seem to care or have pride in their jobs, so you get what we have here as an end result.
what do you expect from dope heads... I can name a few about 50...that do drugs working in the restaurants around town...

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Feb 15, 2009
i am just glad that that nasty asz Linda Venable dont work there anymore
Anonymous

Grover, MO

#15 Feb 15, 2009
4 Days notice hell it's been on topix atleast for a month now plus alot of people in town already knew I find that one hard to believe I bet someone was trying to get a bigger tip.
ziggies fan

Warner Robins, GA

#16 Feb 15, 2009
Ziggie's has good food.
Spoon

Faridabad, India

#17 Feb 15, 2009
its like a dennys or bob evans
i looked at the menu,, prices are up there!!

wont make it with a 7 dollar omelette
I worked for mine

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 15, 2009
you can get zigg food at half a dozen places in town why bring in another one that serves the same food as everyone else?
Alumni

Muskogee, OK

#19 Feb 15, 2009
....dang, that was always one place I ate at when coming from out of town!
not italian food

Faridabad, India

#20 Feb 16, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
4 Days notice hell it's been on topix atleast for a month now plus alot of people in town already knew I find that one hard to believe I bet someone was trying to get a bigger tip.
I agree with you. Everyone knew this, they were just milking for a tip. The wait staff at Pasta House is terrible. Why do you think they are going out? Their food is terrible, not consistent. The Pasta House in Farmington is great, but here in town, they don't know how to prepare it. It takes like it's out of a box from Wal-mart.
We go in there for Breakfast and they don't even ring up your ticket, they just take cash and most of the time, tell you that you can eat for free, and it encourages a big tip.
I think that's crooked, and probably one of the reasons they are going out. I mean come-on? do they just keep all those stubs from the front desk that way free breakfast, and turn them all in, and keep the money we paid for breakfast as their tip? Sweet deal is you ask me, but it's over now.
Hopefully they will get some "cleaner" wait staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craigslist Adult Classifieds (May '12) 57 min Guest 20
I have been censored 1 hr FYI 1
why would you marry someone who beat they ex? 1 hr wantohelp 4
pbpd 2 hr pbcitizen 1
halli boyd (Apr '11) 5 hr REAList 870 15
Tranny looking for fun!!!! 5 hr Lmao 14
what is the best over the counter diet pill (Aug '10) 6 hr Ger 41
Poplar Bluff Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:35PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NFL 8:29 AM
Chiefs will cut Dwayne Bowe if they cannot trade him
Bleacher Report 8:32 AM
Report: Chiefs Expected to Part Ways with Dwayne Bowe