Big Fisheroonie

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

i use bread balls and caught a 95 pound catfish as well as the lochness monster and a blue whale. the whale gave me and my cat named Lucas 30000000 days worth of sheeps and goat milk enjoy the pooh bear i sent you in the mail it is stuffed with whale meat
Reply _Spy

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Fished alots on the Mississippi River From Cape Girardeau to Scott City , Missouri caught the biggest Cat Fish with liver bait. Had some good luck with Blue Gill fish guts and gill's as Cat Fish love those as well. Stink bait is good if you
are fishing in a lake or pond where the water is not moving to fast. On the west side of the Lake
Wappapello Dam caught some nice size blue cat's with night crawlers and live crikets make sure you
tie your rod and pole's if you fish there I lost a
60 dollar rod and reel there turned my back for a secound and away it went. If River Grain Companies don't mind and you ask for permission , cat fish love to eat grain from soy beans and the fluff falling in the river while barges are being loaded
on the river. Caught a 32 pound Cat Fish in 1987
at the Cape Girardeau Grain Company on the Mississppi River just north of the Rock Quarry Company the best time for this type fishing is just as the sun is going down or rising. If you
can tolerate the smell one of the best bait is
rotten cray fish, catch them and put them in a large jar and put a little cooking oil and and fill the jar half full of water poke holes in the lid and put the lid back on and let sit till they rotten. Before fishing poor the rotten juice water in the river just up stream a bit or where you plan to fish in a lake or pond then put the cray fish on the hook cast and wait should not taker long to get bites.
Catfisherman

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

im 12 years old and me and my little bro just got back from fishing at our pond in our neighoorhood we live in VA our neighoor told us to use balled up bread to catch a catfish so we decided to give it a shot and it worked first i caught a .5 pound catfish then my lil bro caught a sunfish then i caught a 2 pound catfish then i noticed my rod tip bending crazily so i set the hook and i tried to put my finger on the line to stop it from going out but it cut me so i used the saltwater tenqunice pull up reel down i did that for a few minutes then finally i saw it she was a beauty it was a yellow head or a flathead we didnt bring a net because we never catch any big fish at the pond so i tried to lift her out of the water with my hand but the line was wet so i couldnt so i tried to lift it out of the water by my rod but then the line snapped that poor fish it will have a hook in his mouth the rest of his life but i seriously consider using balled up bread for catfish
ghf

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

ggfgh
Non Union

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Temecula wrote:
Are there any rivers around here that don't have a current?
I love catfishing, but I hate using weights when i fish.
What a dumbass.
fart face 4

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

hi use turd it works
mike

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2012

Catfisher wrote:
Me and my soon to be husband like to fish and I was wondering what is some good catfish bait? Does anyone know any good tricks to catching catfish. We have a big 2 acre pond right in front of our house and all we have been catchin is them little bait stealin sun perch!
finely diced liberal democrats make good bait.
ky boy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Catfisher wrote:
I've caught several more catfish using little perch and they work great the biggest one so far i have caught was about 15lbs. he was a monster flat head! I have pics if anyone wants to see!
I would like to see these pic.
catch fish man

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

well blue gill heads chicken liver stik bait always will work but most of all just wait set your drags cuz a big one will eat it up get baby three prongs thats strong good luck everyone
FLATHEADS

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

You should think about using 30 too 50 lb braided line it will get the job done, last week i hauled in a 16 lb flathead n no worriez of it busting as long as your hook set is right with a big hook youll bring em in! Try an use hot dogs " franks weiners" lmao they awsome trust me or sausage

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Take the perch and cut them in squares put em in a mason jar fill with vinagar set the jar outside in the heat for about 24 hours...stink bait my husband used to catch big catfish outta the tennessee river with this
Sun Uf Ah Guhn

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

No lie, I know a guy that uses his wife's used feminine absorbent plugs. He swears by them. I don't know if he dips them into any extra stink bait, but they should provide enough stink on their own. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it first hand. I had him bait my hook though, I ain't touching that shite.
just saying

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Catfisher wrote:
Me and my soon to be husband like to fish and I was wondering what is some good catfish bait? Does anyone know any good tricks to catching catfish. We have a big 2 acre pond right in front of our house and all we have been catchin is them little bait stealin sun perch!
that is what you need to use foe bait, the sun perch hook behind the dorsal or through the lips. also use them foe cut bait. green tree frogs work really good to.
Yey

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Liver
my 2 cents

Malden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Gopher wrote:
I make my own catfish bait out of beluga caviar, thinly shaved black truffle, and super glue. Simply take a four-ounce jar of imported Russian beluga caviar and dump it into an empty tin can. Shave (as thinly as possible) enough French black truffle to roughly equal the volume of the caviar. Add to the tin can, and mix with a fork. Pour in the entire contents of a tube of super glue, and quickly stir the ingredients together until blended. Working rapidly with your fingers, form the mixture into little balls about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and insert a fishhook into each ball before the glue sets up. Try it!
you are so wrong
ert

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Gopher wrote:
I make my own catfish bait out of beluga caviar, thinly shaved black truffle, and super glue. Simply take a four-ounce jar of imported Russian beluga caviar and dump it into an empty tin can. Shave (as thinly as possible) enough French black truffle to roughly equal the volume of the caviar. Add to the tin can, and mix with a fork. Pour in the entire contents of a tube of super glue, and quickly stir the ingredients together until blended. Working rapidly with your fingers, form the mixture into little balls about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and insert a fishhook into each ball before the glue sets up. Try it!
you know that those Beluga sturgen are going extinct and they have band all of the produce of the caviar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Poplar Bluff Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Poplar Bluff News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Poplar Bluff