What is good catfish bait??

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Catfisher

Williamsville, MO

#1 May 8, 2008
Me and my soon to be husband like to fish and I was wondering what is some good catfish bait? Does anyone know any good tricks to catching catfish. We have a big 2 acre pond right in front of our house and all we have been catchin is them little bait stealin sun perch!
cat fisher

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2 May 8, 2008
I always take my wife, she has worms and it makes great bait.

Since: Apr 08

Poplar Bluff

#3 May 8, 2008
Stink bait!
Anonymous

United States

#4 May 8, 2008
Might wanna take her to the doctor and get that checked out.
btyad

Cleveland, GA

#5 May 8, 2008
chicken livers work well.

Are you putting sinkers on your line so your hook goes to the bottom, that's where the catfish are.
Seafood Lover

Chagrin Falls, OH

#6 May 8, 2008
Rooster Liver, you can buy it at most bait shops, catfish are crazy about it.

“Bringer of Light”

Since: Feb 08

Near Detroit, MI

#7 May 8, 2008
Chicken livers and dead bluegill are the two i have had the most success with.
Catfisher

Williamsville, MO

#8 May 9, 2008
yah we have the poles all set up with the sinkers and all that good stuff it just seems like everytime we put chicken liver or worms on the hook the bait stealers get it before the catfish can bite it really hacks me off! so my other half started hte whole dead perch thingy on the hook and he finally caught a really nice size catfish. It weighed about 12 lbs. I beleive if it wasn't for them darn bait stealin perch and blue gill we could catch more!
chidoug

Chicago, IL

#9 May 9, 2008
i've used shrimp before with good success
Catfisher

Williamsville, MO

#10 May 9, 2008
shrimp?? hmm was gonna have a fish fry if we caught a couple more fish but we didn't but shrimp on the grill sounds good too hmm maybe i'll go home early and try to catch a couple with shrimp.... will the bait stealers try to eat it too??
Cody

United States

#11 May 9, 2008
Cheesecake makes great catfish bait. I make mine out of head cheese.
Shan

AOL

#12 May 9, 2008
Im in Virginia, here we use nightcrawlers and livers,we found if your somewhere where there are the "perch" we just call um bluegills here,get you some old pantyhose and just cut them in pieces and wrap it around the liver and hook it up,the perch wont get it but the catfish will and it helps also with slinging it off the hook if your casting a good ways out.
Cody

United States

#13 May 9, 2008
Shan wrote:
Im in Virginia, here we use nightcrawlers and livers,we found if your somewhere where there are the "perch" we just call um bluegills here,get you some old pantyhose and just cut them in pieces and wrap it around the liver and hook it up,the perch wont get it but the catfish will and it helps also with slinging it off the hook if your casting a good ways out.
Will this pantyhose trick work with cheesecake?
Catfisher

Williamsville, MO

#14 May 10, 2008
dang, i would rather eat the cheesecake myself! yah the perch and blue gills all look the same we caught another nice size catfish last night but didnt get to weight it or anything it snapped our line before we got him all the way in! it was exciting! we had 10lb test brand new! i can't wait to try to catch him again. we cut up a little perch and used that for bait them things work good!
ammo troop

Seattle, WA

#15 May 10, 2008
catfish cheese ya it stinks but it works i am from the mississippi delts we know catfish.thik i have a cousin who is one
uh no

Saint Louis, MO

#16 May 10, 2008
dirty rag panties
Shan

AOL

#18 May 13, 2008
Hiya Cody,
Not to sure if the pantyhose will work with cheese cake, never used that myself,I just know anything really stinky works. The pantyhose I just use to keep livers on the hook. Hope you catch a big one !!! Let me know =)
Shan

AOL

#19 May 13, 2008
Catfisher, if you catch that big one again,you'll have to send pics !!!
Catfisher

Williamsville, MO

#20 May 13, 2008
I have pics of the one we caught but i think they have caught on to our plan... we havent caught anymore yet!
Gopher

United States

#21 May 13, 2008
I make my own catfish bait out of beluga caviar, thinly shaved black truffle, and super glue. Simply take a four-ounce jar of imported Russian beluga caviar and dump it into an empty tin can. Shave (as thinly as possible) enough French black truffle to roughly equal the volume of the caviar. Add to the tin can, and mix with a fork. Pour in the entire contents of a tube of super glue, and quickly stir the ingredients together until blended. Working rapidly with your fingers, form the mixture into little balls about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and insert a fishhook into each ball before the glue sets up. Try it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caseys General Store 20 min PolishSmoke 4
Which Witch Meeting 47 min Alex 11
hannah katheryn 54 min Whatever 78
Mudsharks (Feb '17) 4 hr Watermelon patch ... 97
PB Topix Troll 5 hr Say Hello to this... 69
Sharon Payne passed away this weekend 6 hr piddlepoot 2
It's Over 7 hr konk 8

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance