Is Nordyne still firing Supervisors?

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nordyne

Faridabad, India

#1 Sep 16, 2008
I notice Don Morgan is the latest to get the axe. Anyone know why? He was a supervisor there for five or six years.

Since: Jul 08

Faridabad, India

#2 Sep 16, 2008
I heard today they were getting rid of 5 more supervisors today and wont be to much longer before they shut down completely.

Since: Nov 07

Faridabad, India

#3 Sep 16, 2008
the sky is falling the sky is falling!!
Just a nobody

AOL

#4 Sep 16, 2008
It must be time for the city to start getting some revenue after X amount of free time. I wonder what the city invested to get them here in the first place? Looks like the city and people were taken to me.
kairingler

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2008
i remember when Nordyne first opened here, went there 4 years ago, went through orientation, passed the drug screen , got the work boots, and then they said they wasn't interested, i don't trust them over there.
Graduate

Faridabad, India

#6 Sep 19, 2008
I agree!
Used to work there

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2008
Does any one know if they are going to close or not.
smart alex

Mount Vernon, IL

#8 Oct 8, 2008
Looks like. More round of layoffs today. Anyone with a position was "demoted" yesterday. Raises are being tossed out the window. Looks like it is gearing up for a January shutdown, if not before. IF they start back up to full staff, they will be starting everyone back at beginning pay with no time accrued. What a-holes.
juschillin

Saint Charles, MO

#9 Oct 8, 2008
I really don't think Nordyne is closing. They are a top 10 producer of A/C's in North America. Everyone in the housing market is cutting back and tightening the wallet, and Nordyne is no different. What they are doing to employess is wrong and bad business, but such is life in the corporate world. Don was a good guy and I hated to see him go.
Just thinking

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Oct 8, 2008
juschillin wrote:
I really don't think Nordyne is closing. They are a top 10 producer of A/C's in North America. Everyone in the housing market is cutting back and tightening the wallet, and Nordyne is no different. What they are doing to employess is wrong and bad business, but such is life in the corporate world. Don was a good guy and I hated to see him go.
Just because they are one of the top 10 producers of A/C's is not going to stop them from shutting down the plant here in PB. I worked there for awhile and got laid off with no warning. The Personel Manager told me that she had never seen things happen like this the whole time the plant has been in PB. My opinion is that they are going to shutdown, but I don't know for sure. I do know that they sure have been doing the employee's pretty dirty around there.
nick

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Oct 17, 2008
no i work there we are not closing just really slowing down all of the factories are..
don

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Oct 17, 2008
yes the factory is going to close sometime in late december the venture capitalist in the company gave a 92% sure. they are just going to finish the orders for next summer already on the books. no new orders will be taken or filled. A plastics factory in poplar bluff is also on the verge of cutting off as well.
crazy lady

Dexter, MO

#13 Oct 17, 2008
was that annoncment made to the other employees
don

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Oct 17, 2008
not sure if everyone knows yet. they are tring to keep workers on before they giveout further details
ex nordyne employee

Dexter, MO

#15 Oct 17, 2008
don wrote:
not sure if everyone knows yet. they are tring to keep workers on before they giveout further details
don,,,did you work there...i worked under linda cox,,,i quit in june,was in glue booth too long and started getting dizzy alot,,,and bad breathing spells,,,didnt know what the cause was till i quit,,,but they had meeting the other day,,,they were told they were not shutting down,,,,but thats nordyne for ya
i know

Faridabad, India

#16 Oct 17, 2008
WTF63901 wrote:
the sky is falling the sky is falling!!
You are right for some people when this is their only livelihood their sky is falling in on them. Your job is never secure no matter what your position is and it is always a possibility, but with the economy the way it is. IT is a very good possibility!
don

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Oct 18, 2008
i have been here darned near since we opened i hated when they called me in the office an told me i need to find a replacement job. hopefully some new jobs will find there way into poplar bluff.
blah

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2008
is this Don Morgan ?
crazy lady

Dexter, MO

#19 Oct 18, 2008
don wrote:
i have been here darned near since we opened i hated when they called me in the office an told me i need to find a replacement job. hopefully some new jobs will find there way into poplar bluff.
yea well those replacement jobs are hard to find...i hope poplar bluff gets in gear and brings some new jobs too,because arkansas sure doesnt have any. I was told by a friend who still works at nordyne that they had a meeting and were told that they were not closing the doors,,but the way the economy is i dont know how they can say that

Since: Oct 08

Senath

#20 Oct 18, 2008
my uncle works at nordyne. he's been there 5 or 6 years and he told me that they are shutting down for good at the beginning of the year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP IS FINISHED! He is wanting a PARDON on HI... 1 min Cali 18
New Club House on B Highway 1 hr Outsider 55
Officer Involved Shooting east of Poplar Bluff 1 hr SickOfUrChit 82
Best looking shop in town 6 hr Bankrupt 1
Huddle House (Jul '12) 11 hr Your opinion 22
Steve Scott 11 hr Observer 33
Ed Goodwin !!?? Did you hear 13 hr Teresa 19

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance