looking for a good OB DR.

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bun in the oven

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2012
I recently found out i am pregnant.And i am very excited. this is my first pregnancy,and i am looking for a good OB DR.i know there is several here in poplar bluff. i was thinking about useing DR. CARDA . she seemed really nice but i had mentioned her to a few people, and they all claimed of having bad experiences with her,so now i am not sure to use her or not.then i seen DR. PATTY'S name on here, with some not so good reviews. what should i do ? i think i would prefer a women doctor. i really did like CARDA but i would like to hear if anyone has anything good to say about her. so please help me decide.help me find the best DR.
stupid

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Jul 7, 2012
bun in the oven wrote:
I recently found out i am pregnant.And i am very excited. this is my first pregnancy,and i am looking for a good OB DR.i know there is several here in poplar bluff. i was thinking about useing DR. CARDA . she seemed really nice but i had mentioned her to a few people, and they all claimed of having bad experiences with her,so now i am not sure to use her or not.then i seen DR. PATTY'S name on here, with some not so good reviews. what should i do ? i think i would prefer a women doctor. i really did like CARDA but i would like to hear if anyone has anything good to say about her. so please help me decide.help me find the best DR.
dr John party is the very best dr you will ever find. I've never had any dr come as close in his care and compassion he is great and attends all his births day or night don't matter. You will hear all about him thru several people. He saved my first child's life and I would RECOMMED anyone to him any day. He is so caring and thoughtful. Does ultrasounds at every vist to really watch his babies closely. get an appt and see for yourself. You won't ever find anyone better I wish he was a regular doctor do I could go to him for everything.!
Word

Qulin, MO

#3 Jul 7, 2012
Dr Jessup in Cape is an excellent choice. He has great experience and histroy and he delivers at St Francis which has our area nearest neonatal unit. God forbid you ever need the experts there but at least it's available without having your baby Air Evac'd. It is a long drive but I have three children and have used Jessup and St Francis for every one. It's by far worth the commute for the peice of mind and knowing you're dealing with the best our area has available while avoiding all the Poplar Bluff horror stories.
jessup

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jul 7, 2012
I completely agree. The drive is only an hour and ten minutes and TOTALLY worth it! Plus you get treated like royalty at sfmc, they do EVERYTHING for you. Dr. Patty may be good, but unless you want to be called every time you have an appt at 10 am with the receptionist saying to not come until 7 pm, I wouldn't go there. My friend would be there until 11pm some nights. Dr. Jessup is also an excellent surgeon. I used to work with him in surgery and he is the best I've ever worked with.
dont bother with her

Malden, MO

#5 Jul 7, 2012
Carda's office is a train wreck of eternal delay, and Carda herself is all personality and no education. She had to go to the Bahamas to get into medical school, and it shows. She also pushes quack medicine.
jessup

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Jul 8, 2012
she also likes to perforate bladders during hysterectomies. And cut you wide open after failing on her attempt at laparoscopy.
dont bother with her wrote:
Carda's office is a train wreck of eternal delay, and Carda herself is all personality and no education. She had to go to the Bahamas to get into medical school, and it shows. She also pushes quack medicine.
Sonya

Sligo, PA

#7 Jul 8, 2012
John Patty is the best of the best!!! I have never had a bad experience with him except for the long waits. He is well worth the wait though. I have 2 kids n he delivered both and I am on my 3rd!
Good Luck. I hope you find one that suits you!
Word

Qulin, MO

#8 Jul 8, 2012
I've always heard the delays are insane at Dr Patty's office. I have friends who have used him that had 2 or 3 o'clock appointments and literally wouldn't get in to see him till 630 or 7. With a wait time and lack of organization like that it's just another reason to go to Jessup in Cape. Even figuring in your driving it's less time waited and doesn't ruin your day waiting and hoping to get in.
Word

Qulin, MO

#9 Jul 8, 2012
I've had several friends use Dr Patty and the waiting is attrocious. Ever visit was a 2 or 3 o'clock appointment time and they literally would not see him till 630 or 7 o'clock. They would have to drive in to Poplar Bluff and then have to find something to do to kill hours of time. With waits like that it's just one more reason to go to Jessup. Very little wait and extremely organized. Even with driving to Cape and back you're still spending less time and being on schedule means no wasting time wondering when you'll get in.

And honestly would you rather have your child delivered in a Poplar Bluff hospital or St Francis?
Word

Qulin, MO

#10 Jul 8, 2012
Wow Topix telling me there was an error and making me retype everything for no reason.
Patty

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Jul 8, 2012
I'm using Dr. Patty since I became way too sick to make the drive to Cape, even though that was my first choice. One reason I avoided Patty was I heard about the long waits, but really it's not a big deal. He uses a call-in system, so it's not like you're waiting in his office. My appts. are usually around 2;00, I call in and they give me an estimate of how long it may be, then they call me back when he's ready, usually between 4-5:30. I've never waited in his office longer than 10 min. once they call. I've only had one appt. where they didn't call until 10:15 because he'd had an emergency that day. I like him because he's very easy going, answers all of your questions, and does everything right in his office. No traveling to this office for ultrasound and someplace else for lab etc... His business office lady is also on the ball, which can't be said for most of the dr . offices anymore. But I will say that I'd prefer to deliver at Saint Francis rather than Poplar Bluff, but I'm not totally disappointed I had to give up on Cape.Dr. Patty is great like everyone says.
stupid

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Jul 8, 2012
Yes the wait with john party is long but it's because he is at all his births if your ready to deliver during office hours he goes delivers then goes back. But with him you call and check in and they call you when your like 20 minutes from being seen so you don't sit there the entire time. And if that means he is seeing people at midnight in the office he does. He stays till everyone is seen. And you can rest knowing he will be at your delivery no matter what. I would wait 24 hours in his office if I had to he is well worth the wait. And once he is in with you he doesn't rush. He sit and talks and lets you address anything you want. He will spend an hour in that room with you if you need him to. I would never use any other dr ever if I had another baby. And I recommend him to everyone. There is a reason for the long wait. When your the best you have a lot of patients so that should tell you how great he is !!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Jul 8, 2012
bun in the oven wrote:
Go to Dr. Farrah Mcspadden she is the best
Miss Kitty

Poplar Bluff, MO

#14 Jul 8, 2012
Farrah Mc Spadden, Donnie Jones or John Patty are all you have to choose from and are equal.
jessup

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Jul 8, 2012
Dr. Jessup's ultrasound tech is in his office as well. And he is always there to deliver for everyone of his patients too. There is a difference. HE STILL DOESN'T MAKE YOU WAIT UNTIL 11pm to be seen. It is a huge inconvenience to be sitting around waiting all day, even if you are at home. What if you have things to do? What of you have a JOB? You would still make it to Cape and back before you are seen. It's called organizational skills and Dr. Jessup's office has them. Also, go to PB and have a baby and see how much they help you after your delivery. My friend had to do everything herself, including cleaning herself after her delivery. They just threw the stuff in the bathroom and said "this is what you do, here ya go". After my c-section I couldnt even get myself to the bathroom and at sfmc they did it all for me. At my beckon call. And that's the way it should be when you have a baby! Oh and if you have to share a room at pb, DISGUSTING. Want to have your blood and someone else's all over the bathroom? Gross!!! And sfmc gives u TONS of free stuff!
jessup

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Jul 8, 2012
Oh and dr Jessup delivered over 300 babies last year. Present for every one of them. And STILL, you don't wait forever in his office.
women

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Jul 8, 2012
Nothing against women doctors, but in my experience, go with a man.
Patty

Poplar Bluff, MO

#18 Jul 8, 2012
jessup wrote:
Dr. Jessup's ultrasound tech is in his office as well. And he is always there to deliver for everyone of his patients too. There is a difference. HE STILL DOESN'T MAKE YOU WAIT UNTIL 11pm to be seen. It is a huge inconvenience to be sitting around waiting all day, even if you are at home. What if you have things to do? What of you have a JOB? You would still make it to Cape and back before you are seen. It's called organizational skills and Dr. Jessup's office has them. Also, go to PB and have a baby and see how much they help you after your delivery. My friend had to do everything herself, including cleaning herself after her delivery. They just threw the stuff in the bathroom and said "this is what you do, here ya go". After my c-section I couldnt even get myself to the bathroom and at sfmc they did it all for me. At my beckon call. And that's the way it should be when you have a baby! Oh and if you have to share a room at pb, DISGUSTING. Want to have your blood and someone else's all over the bathroom? Gross!!! And sfmc gives u TONS of free stuff!
Yeah, we get it. You like Jessup. Lol she just wants suggestions. No one's getting a cookie for being the most convincing.
lol

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we get it. You like Jessup. Lol she just wants suggestions. No one's getting a cookie for being the most convincing.
lol right !!!!
no way in the world

Poplar Bluff, MO

#20 Jul 8, 2012
Miss Kitty wrote:
Farrah Mc Spadden, Donnie Jones or John Patty are all you have to choose from and are equal.
equal?? I don't know of any of the dr.s except John patty but there is no way they are equal to him. I don't know that there is any way possible for any dr to be a great as dr John patty !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who were some of the best coaches in Poplar Bluff? 34 min Jimmy joe johnbob 8
Rippee suicide late 70s to early 80s 1 hr Ghost Whisperer 18
Doctors don't care 2 hr Interesting 2
To my best friend 2 hr Royalty 9
Any girl wanna hookup 2 hr Royalty 3
Work Hours at Home Depot (Feb '09) 3 hr Bobby 34
Dena Brown 4 hr Hert 1

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance