PBHS teacher slaps student

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Outraged Parent

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 29, 2011
I AM OUTRAGED! I picked up my son from the Poplar Bluff High School and the first thing he tells me is that a science teacher, Ms Cathy Miller, slapped a boy across the face today. What is wrong with this woman? I don't know her personally but from what I DO know, she needs to find employment elsewhere. This is CRAZY!
Ron

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Nov 29, 2011
She need FIRED..... The parent had better contact Central Office immediately.....
Clueless People

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Nov 29, 2011
Yea, any teacher that would dare discipline a high school "child" needs to be fired. NOT!

Parents are just dumb, ignorant and clueless. Your "little angel" isn't so much of an angel, WAKE UP!!! Do you realize what a terror almost any young adult is in high school. Truth is, the kid probably needed his ass busted with a belt. But I'm sure "at home" all they get is a little talking to, maybe grounded for a day, blah blah.

Parents, LISTEN UP... Your kids are the good little kids you think they are. It doesn't matter how much you've talked to them, how much they go to church, how good you think they are. Believe me, they ain't that good!!!
Honest Abe

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 29, 2011
Clueless People wrote:
Yea, any teacher that would dare discipline a high school "child" needs to be fired. NOT!
Parents are just dumb, ignorant and clueless. Your "little angel" isn't so much of an angel, WAKE UP!!! Do you realize what a terror almost any young adult is in high school. Truth is, the kid probably needed his ass busted with a belt. But I'm sure "at home" all they get is a little talking to, maybe grounded for a day, blah blah.
Parents, LISTEN UP... Your kids are the good little kids you think they are. It doesn't matter how much you've talked to them, how much they go to church, how good you think they are. Believe me, they ain't that good!!!
Let me guess......... this is Cathy Miller trying to justify your actions? I hope the school board fires her!
Clueless People

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Nov 29, 2011
Nope, not Cathy Miller. Never met her before and I'm not a woman. Only someone that sees the reality in life.
way to go

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Nov 29, 2011
If more teachers did this then there wouldn't be as many behavior problems in the schools. These smart azzed kids need their faces slapped and their butts busted. Wouldn't hurt to do the same to their parents.
Clueless People

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Nov 29, 2011
Nat-hole-Lea wrote:
<quoted text>you're a meanie pie! I'm in high school and these stupid teachers have no right to touch or get onto any kid, no mattert what we say or do to them. They are hired to teach, NOT discipline anyone, that's my boyfriends job!
I don't believe you're in High School, but at the same time you've got a smarta$$ mouth on you like the typical teen of today.

I firmly believe teachers should have the right to perform corporal punishment on any student in a public school as they did a few decades ago.

It doesn't take a genious to see how the decline in behavior and social skills coincides with the lack of punishment and teaching the bible in schools, plus the lack of solid family morals. At least allow the teachers to punish so-called kids as they should be since parents have become too afraid to use the rod on their children as they should.
Ben

Poplar Bluff, MO

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Sounds like Hon and Jackson need to do something about this.... Teachers do not need to touch students..
So So

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2011
Ben wrote:
Sounds like Hon and Jackson need to do something about this.... Teachers do not need to touch students..
They need to bring this kids parents in and slap them too.
Nat-hole-Lea

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 29, 2011
Clueless People wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you're in High School, but at the same time you've got a smarta$$ mouth on you like the typical teen of today.
I firmly believe teachers should have the right to perform corporal punishment on any student in a public school as they did a few decades ago.
It doesn't take a genious to see how the decline in behavior and social skills coincides with the lack of punishment and teaching the bible in schools, plus the lack of solid family morals. At least allow the teachers to punish so-called kids as they should be since parents have become too afraid to use the rod on their children as they should.
I dont care what your old azz thinks, these teachers think that since they have a teaching certificate it gives them the right to hit students, yell at students and cuss at students. WRONG! Im 15 and if one of these stupid teachers at PBHS ever even thought about touching me I would take a dump on Cris Hon's desk and smear it on his face.
Don

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Nov 29, 2011
Nat-hole-Lea wrote:
<quoted text>I dont care what your old azz thinks, these teachers think that since they have a teaching certificate it gives them the right to hit students, yell at students and cuss at students. WRONG! Im 15 and if one of these stupid teachers at PBHS ever even thought about touching me I would take a dump on Cris Hon's desk and smear it on his face.
Your parents must be proud of you. NOT
Nat-hole-Lea

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Nov 29, 2011
Don wrote:
<quoted text>Your parents must be proud of you. NOT
How about I pee in your coffee tomorrow, Mr. Hon? You must be a teacher that thinks its ok to beat on kids?
American

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2011
I do agree that when a teacher can't have the right to use corporal punishment that Some Kids take that to mean they dont have to follow the rules. But I don't agree with slapping them across the face, and I think if corporal punishment is used a witness should be there to protect the student as well as the teachers interest in the matter. But you guys it says right in the Bible that if you spare the rod you spoil the child . And I'm not saying its alright for the student or teacher to treat the other with anything less that the utmost respect. But something needs to be done about that slap. Maybe a heat of the moment thing, but it should be an automatic termination for the teacher. If not then the parents need a lawyer And someone to talk to the child. I'm sure that was devastating for him.
Old Fashioned

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Nov 29, 2011
Clueless People wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!
well

Greenbrier, AR

#16 Nov 29, 2011
did this even happen
American

United States

#17 Nov 29, 2011
Clueless People wrote:
<quoted text>
. I agree with you also, EXCEPT... there should have been no slap in the face. As honoary as I'm sure that boy was being, the teacher put herself in the wrong by striking him in the face.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 29, 2011
This is tricky because kids need to be checked now a days
American patriot

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Nov 30, 2011
Kids need corporal punishment plain and simple. They are way out of control now days because their parents have taught them and enabled them to be that way. Kids are not adults! Even in high school. They shouldn't get respect just because. Respect is earned by the way one conducts themselves in life. The older and wiser one gets the more respect is earned. This is why your told to respect your elders. Kids these days are led to believe by their misguided parents that they are owed respect. Their built up and taught to have an unhealthy dose of confidence. Their taught to speak up and voice their opinions, they know nothing of the value of being humble. They don't know how to show respect to their elders or anyone else. A fool babbles while the wise listen. Kids know nothing of this. Whoever said kids should be seen and not heard was surely right.
Jock Strap

Chicago, IL

#20 Nov 30, 2011
Now I guess you're going to say the coaches need to quit having sex with the students too?
justme

Doniphan, MO

#22 Nov 30, 2011
Clueless People wrote:
Nope, not Cathy Miller. Never met her before and I'm not a woman. Only someone that sees the reality in life.
The reality...really? Do you have a child? Because if anyone ever slapped my child across the face I would so them reality about the way our system takes care of child abuse! That has to be the most uneducated reasoning for this situation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New way to make real cash from home 6 hr Guest 16
miss christine aka cheri h 6 hr christine 49
Who's been driving over the graves at Memorial ... 6 hr Guest 2
How do you move on? 6 hr WorthlessAndBroken 8
Lee sosa 6 hr christine 139
Hannah could you? 6 hr Kelli 33
Jenn Wagner 7 hr Crazy b 2

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance