Since: Apr 09

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Does anyone know a local orthodontist who accepts medicaid for children? Looking for one here in PB or Cape Giradeau..If anyone knows of a good one please let me know..Thank you
been there

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Medicaid won't pay for an orthodontist, but Dr. Fox will let you make payments. He's a good one.
a mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

pbgirl wrote:
Does anyone know a local orthodontist who accepts medicaid for children? Looking for one here in PB or Cape Giradeau..If anyone knows of a good one please let me know..Thank you
Dr. Douglas Rediger in Arnold, Mo. accepts medicaid for kids. Must be 12 years old. Medicaid preapproves and then you go back about every 6 weeks for adjustment. He is really good to work with.
There is also one in Marble Hill (a new one, we didn't go there because already approved and started with Rediger.)

Since: Apr 09

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

thank u so much i will check into those. Talked with Dr. Fox and they seemed reasonable and willing to work with us. My daughter does have medicaid though and was told there were a few from Cape or St. Loius area that accepted medicaid.She needs braces really bad and is 11 years old and Fox said 11 is the perfect age to start. I hope hes a good one. I may go with him
chillin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Fox is good, but it will take you 10 years to get them off......he is sooooo slow.
mother of three

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Oh Boy wrote:
Another Welfare rat!!! Of course you have a car and can drive to Cape or St. Louis. Spend all your money on entertainment and want everything else for free. Get a job LOSER!
hey, you can't just assume! i don't know about the poster but not every one has a car or can drive! i can't drive because of a medical condition. i also cannot work because of it. i'm sorry to inconvenience you with your tax money but if it wasnt for medicaid, my children would have no insurance. and the only way to get them to the doctor is medicaid transportation. so thanks for helping me and my children o mighty and great one, because their father sure isn't!
somewhoisfeedup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

I think its sad that working family like ours can't afford braces for our kids yet as u say due to medical reason u can get braces for yours .. I got 4 kids 2 of which are special needs .. one the really needs medicad to get help he needs but we dont qualify .. and i cant work cause if we do we lose his ssi and hubby works and makes a decent living but we like most americans have a hard time making ends meet .... i can see gettting medicad for "regular"medical and dental but for a cosmetic thing like braces it appals me ...so let me see if i get this because u have a medical condition .. u cant work but yet u more then likely get state aid and a
ssi check why cant u pay for things like the rest of us do. my son who has ssi is in need too but because w ework and make to much he cant get medicad but half the stuff he needs only takes medicad to aid people like him and yet they the state will allow braces makes me sick. U can work if u can sit and type at a computer u can get a work from home type of job. save money or use a tax return like i had to to get my kids there braces its called doing with out and saving even it takes a year or so
somewhoisfeedup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

oops sorry motherof3 i read the post wrong and i thought the pbgil was the one who could not work do to medical issues i meant no offense to u
mother of three

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

somewhoisfeedup wrote:
oops sorry motherof3 i read the post wrong and i thought the pbgil was the one who could not work do to medical issues i meant no offense to u
the only state help i get is food stamps and medicaid. i actually had to fight to get medicaid and finally got approved based on disability. i was denied though for ssi.i dont understand how one approves me as disabled but another one doesnt. i have looked into the work from home things but most are scams. or typing. i cant type very well. i can only type with one hand and i have carpal tunnel so right now my hand is numb. i do the best i can. i also have really poor vision so being on here too long causes horrible migraines. my parents tried to get some sort of help from the state when this all first started but were denied because they made too much. i'm sorry your child was denied medicaid. thats not right. if hes disabled he should be able to get it. have you talked to the ladys at the social security office? i really hope you can get him approved for it. he needs it.

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

Getting braces is NOT a cosmetic procedure. My daughter needs braces also and if not corrected it will cause her face to be disfigured. She is already showing signs of it and she is only 11. If it was just a cosmetic precedure I dont think medicaid would pay. Get your facts straight.
FYI

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

GUEST wrote:
Getting braces is NOT a cosmetic procedure. My daughter needs braces also and if not corrected it will cause her face to be disfigured. She is already showing signs of it and she is only 11. If it was just a cosmetic precedure I dont think medicaid would pay. Get your facts straight.
FYI:
if it's not life threatening then it is considered cosmetic by a working persons insurance...
Oh boy

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

mother of three wrote:
sorry to inconvenience you with your tax money but if it wasnt for medicaid, my children would have no insurance. and the only way to get them to the doctor is medicaid transportation. so thanks for helping me and my children o
mighty and great one, because their father
sure isn't!
Ok so it would be each and every tax payers fault because you decided to have several children with a man or men who do not support them?! Did you stop to think about that....obviosly not! You seem to be the classic voice of the "I'm entitled to $$, insurance, and food from the government" oh and let's not forget orthodontics now as well....WTF lady?!!!
a_e_p

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

I find it interesting that the posts from people begging for more government money are horribly misspelled and grammatically incorrect. My point here is, when one types in such a way, it looks and sounds very ignorant. GO TO SCHOOL, and you could have a good job AND learn to speak the English language. Quit mooching off of people like me who work six days a week to pay bills with NO help from Obama. Food stamps are welfare!!!
DUH-

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Oh boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so it would be each and every tax payers fault because you decided to have several children with a man or men who do not support them?! Did you stop to think about that....obviosly not! You seem to be the classic voice of the "I'm entitled to $$, insurance, and food from the government" oh and let's not forget orthodontics now as well....WTF lady?!!!
U people need to read this again. Mother 0f 3 is not the one talking about the orthodontics. That is a different poster!

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

mother of three wrote:
<quoted text>
.... if it wasnt for medicaid, my children would have no insurance.....
That's the kind of statement that really irks me....
What about the working people who's employers don't have insurance for them but they can't get medicaid BECAUSE THEY WORK!?
Lots of THEIR children have no insurance because they can't afford it! What's with this sense of entitlement you have?
my 2 cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

If it is for a malformation then I think medicaid will pay if it is severe enough to interfere with chewing and dental/gum health. As far as I know they will not pay for cosmetic reasons alone. Dr. Fox is the only ortho that I have seen that will fix these malformations. I know some mothers who took their children to a regular dentist and they have jacked up looking faces now. He said he could fix the malformation but it is obvious he did not. They have narrow bites, weak chins, and too much gum when they smile. If you can find a way to pay for Dr. Fox it is WELL worth it. My kid went to him from the 5th grade until the 10th grade. We had 2 sets of braces, head gear, and various other contraptions. She got her braces off last year and her teeth and smile are sooo perfect! She looks like Hollywood :D She had overcrowding on the bottom and really bucked and gapy on the top. I hate to see what her face would have looked like if we would have used someone else. Other dentist can straighten the teeth but that does not mean they can fix the bone structure.
Oh, and by the way. I think the income cap to qualify for medicaid on children is higher then it used to be. Both parents can work full time and still be eligible.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Yes, it is sad if you work, you can't get any help with your childrens medical, but you get to help pay for others children's. Seems kinda odd doesn't it. Somethings not right here.
Oh Boy

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

DUH- wrote:
<quoted text>
U people need to read this again. Mother 0f 3 is not the one talking about the orthodontics. That is a different poster!
Ok, so Mother of 3 is entitled to everything except orthodontics simply because she had children with someone who cannot/refuses to support them & she cannot support them herself.....Well that makes it better.....LMAO!
Comment

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the kind of statement that really irks me....
What about the working people who's employers don't have insurance for them but they can't get medicaid BECAUSE THEY WORK!?
Lots of THEIR children have no insurance because they can't afford it! What's with this sense of entitlement you have?
This kind of "I'm entitled" trash makes up a large % of the population in southeast mo. And they just keep reproducing.
mother

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Judged:

for me my daughter does have medicaid. and i don't care what anyone has to say or what they think about it. i do work a full time job, have a vehicle, and went to school. had my daughter out of wedlock (not the best choice) but it happened and was able to get medicaid and here we are. and no her father has not seen her since she was 6 months old nor has he ever paid child support. for those of you who think we should have chosen someone who would be there for the child, you cannot always predict how the idiot is going to act when he has a child. so if you have medicaid congrats just make sure you yourself is not sitting on your butt and out there mnaking a living!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Poplar Bluff Forum right now

Search the Poplar Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 37 min REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,349
tranny new in town 50 min A guy 4
Kindergarten roundup 51 min Cee 1
Horny wer the men at that like BJ.etc 1 hr A guy 16
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 1 hr Diane 6,906
Sales Tax Increase for Highways 2 hr Taxed 7
ss 3 hr curious 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Poplar Bluff Jobs

•••