thanks!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Apr 9, 2011
Thank you to everyone to put on and helped with the Bread Shed. You have no idea how much of an impact you are making in the community. God bless each and every one of you all!
wondering

Lafayette, LA

#2 Apr 9, 2011
what is the bread shed?
thanks!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Apr 9, 2011
wondering wrote:
what is the bread shed?
A group of people who love Jesus fulfilling Matthew 25 and ignoring their theological and denominational differences to just be obedient to the call and share the love of Christ by feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, housing the homeless, visiting the sick and prisoners in their affliction, and many other avenues of true servanthood. Today they fed and clothed over 330 families which we were one of and not only that they pray for and minister the Gospel to each and every one. It is really what the Body of Christ looks like. Simply amazing!
http://www.breadshed.org
Check it out And on facebook too
Struggling

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Apr 10, 2011
We have been to the Bread Shed a couple times and the people there are awesome and so willing to help. Thank you Bread Shed people!
hello

Renault, IL

#5 Apr 10, 2011
ive been there only thing i dont lik is standing in the line havin to smell all the outher people smoke
Struggling

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Apr 10, 2011
hello wrote:
ive been there only thing i dont lik is standing in the line havin to smell all the outher people smoke
I agree the smoking is awful they should have to go around the side of the building or just not smoke. There are many elderly there that it makes them sick but they tough it out just for some food.
blessed

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Apr 11, 2011
Thank God for the Bread Shed! It had been days since my family had eaten and we were at the end of our rope exhausting all of our resources. They truly helped us turn a corner.
help

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Apr 11, 2011
When is this Bread Shed and where? What information do you have to bring with you?
help

Poplar Bluff, MO

#9 Apr 13, 2011
help wrote:
When is this Bread Shed and where? What information do you have to bring with you?
U don't have to bring anything with you except for a box to take your food home in. The 2nd Saturday of every month in PB and the 4th Saturday at Elsinore. Every Saturday they do serve free breakfast in Poplar Bluff.
publicServiceAnn ouncement

Eminence, MO

#10 Apr 13, 2011
i thought that bredshead was that place they sold day old bread and shit next to what used to be rhodes gas station.
humble servant

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Apr 13, 2011
publicServiceAnnouncement wrote:
i thought that bredshead was that place they sold day old bread and shit next to what used to be rhodes gas station.
Sorry you may be confused. Bread Shed is a group of people to be the hands and feet of Jesus by radically obeying the call to love your neighbor as yourself and to feed those in need spiritually and physically.
Disciple

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Apr 16, 2011
Bread Shed West at Elsinore next Saturday bring a box or come to serve.
Desperate

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Apr 17, 2011
So let me get this strait: no questions asked just bring a box? No forms to fill out? No ID?
Serenity

Lafayette, LA

#14 Apr 17, 2011
I think you have to write down your name and address on a list and how many people live in your house. That's it. No ID or proof required.
humblr

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Apr 17, 2011
Desperate wrote:
So let me get this strait: no questions asked just bring a box? No forms to fill out? No ID?
You are right they are asked to give name, address, and phone number but it is not a requirement. The only thing really needed is first name and how many in your family. Some don't have a address or phone number to give :(
Come out to Elsinore at the youth building Saturday and bring a box we would love to meet you!

United States

#16 Apr 18, 2011
hello wrote:
Some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope!!!!GET A JOB and you want have to ask for handouts!!!!!!
humbled

Poplar Bluff, MO

#17 Apr 18, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope!!!!GET A JOB and you want have to ask for handouts!!!!!!
Why don't you come out and join us. Majority of these people do have jobs and are what we call the "working poor" and struggle to pay even the most basic bills and truth be told 82% of Butler county are one missed paycheck away from a state of poverty. Many people that are in the line now never imagined they would be in the shape they are now. If you have it all together and are so abundantly blessed then come show others how you got that way and give them some hope instead of sitting up on your high horse all high and mighty. You may be next in line.

“hi everyone”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#18 Apr 18, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Some people would gripe if you hung them with a new rope!!!!GET A JOB and you want have to ask for handouts!!!!!!
you know my mom use to say years ago you never rise so high that you dont fall and the fall is great and you know over the years since she has been gone i have seen alot of people brag because they had a good job and lots of money but then one little thing can happen and you lose it all and there you are then with the people you talked about trying to get food stamps for yourself so the best thing to do is just be happy with what you have and never talk about how other people are living because one day you may be living in there shoes yourself.
Humble Servant

Poplar Bluff, MO

#19 Apr 23, 2011
Praise God! There were over 200 families fed today through the Bread Shed West in Elsinore.
Helper

Sikeston, MO

#20 Aug 6, 2012
My son lost his job and we missed last Saturday . Is the bread shed going to be anywhere else this weekend?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax refunds 2017 1 hr Why so serious 9
Used car dealerships to avoid. 1 hr Steve 5
Where is John Dunivan? (Jun '08) 1 hr Alf 55
Jeffrey Resnik aka foxwhorty 1 hr loser 23
Pop Roxx Arcade (Nov '15) 1 hr always horny 31
monica smith (Aug '09) 2 hr Why so serious 18
Billy Ketcherside, Where does this piece of shi... 2 hr Why so serious 3

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance