Does anyone know if a 3 yr old girl w...

Does anyone know if a 3 yr old girl was kidnapped today from P.B.?

Posted in the Poplar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
roxie

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Jul 14, 2009
I just got about 10 text messages that said the same thing, it said... "Amber Alert-A 3 yr old girl was taken from P.B. by a man driving a new silver truck from N.J. plate #72B381." Has anyone else gotten this text message or has anyone heard this news? I am just curious if it is true or not??

“I love my life!”

Since: Apr 08

Poplar Bluff

#2 Jul 14, 2009
roxie wrote:
I just got about 10 text messages that said the same thing, it said... "Amber Alert-A 3 yr old girl was taken from P.B. by a man driving a new silver truck from N.J. plate #72B381." Has anyone else gotten this text message or has anyone heard this news? I am just curious if it is true or not??
I got several texts about the same thing! I don't know if it's true or not, but just in case it is, I went ahead and passed it along.
NAH

Farmington, MO

#3 Jul 14, 2009
I'm sure that junks not true. My phone gets 'em to but only if they're real. And it's not up on KFVS12 either.

I bet if you forward it to ten people though then your phone will ring tonite and it will be your true love.:)

Seriously though here's the link to prove it's BS. People that start and forward that shit may mean well but mostly they are dumbasses for believing it.

http://amberalert.com/blog/2009/02/13/verify-...
parent

United States

#4 Jul 14, 2009
i got the same text i was wonderin tooo

“Can't we all just get along?”

Since: Mar 09

Poplar Bluff

#6 Jul 14, 2009
Mine said she was taken from idaho falls, idaho. Just a way to get ppl to txt everybody so the cell companies can make $$.
Heres your sign

Dexter, MO

#7 Jul 14, 2009
different thinker wrote:
Mine said she was taken from idaho falls, idaho. Just a way to get ppl to txt everybody so the cell companies can make $$.
The text I just got didn't say where she was taken from or that the truck was from NJ. What you just said though makes so much sense, gosh that could be true. We will never know but I wouldn't put it past the phone companys. That would be pathetic to use a horrid incident such as this for personal gain! They know everyone will forward it to all their friends and families.
roxie

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Jul 14, 2009
Heres your sign wrote:
<quoted text>The text I just got didn't say where she was taken from or that the truck was from NJ. What you just said though makes so much sense, gosh that could be true. We will never know but I wouldn't put it past the phone companys. That would be pathetic to use a horrid incident such as this for personal gain! They know everyone will forward it to all their friends and families.
Yes, that does make sense. I never thought about that. I was just wondering because I have two kids!

Since: Mar 09

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2009
I have amber alerts sent to my cell and I never got anything on it. so i thinki its a hoax
Just Wondering

Williamsville, MO

#10 Jul 14, 2009
has anyone contacted the police, they may be able to track it down.
Check here

Van Nuys, CA

#11 Jul 14, 2009
You can always check the website for recent alerts.

roxie

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Jul 15, 2009
linda_63901 wrote:
I have amber alerts sent to my cell and I never got anything on it. so i thinki its a hoax
How can I get that? Do you just sign up for it? That's interesting, I didn't know that.
roxie

Van Nuys, CA

#13 Jul 15, 2009
Check here wrote:
You can always check the website for recent alerts.
Thank you for that website, I didn't know you could check a website or have texts sent to your phone!
Just check here

United States

#14 Jul 15, 2009
OFFICIAL amber alert website for Missouri

http://www.missouriamberalert.com/current.php

Catlin, IL

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Go to wirelessamberalerts.org and check this site out. You can get amber alerts that are real...

Penrose, CO

#16 Jul 15, 2009
HOAX
someone

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jul 15, 2009
yeah i heard on the news this am that it was a hoax. and they are worried that this will be like "the boy who cried wolf" that when it actually happens people will just think its a joke
rey

Trenton, NJ

#18 Jul 15, 2009
there was a 3yr old girl recently abducted from passaic, NJ, but has been found and reunited with her family already. i think someone just changed the details around and concucted a hoax. i hope someone out there, whoever started these jokes would read a story called, "the boy who cried wolf", there are concerned citizens out there that would take time out of their busy day to drive around and look for a truck that doesnt exist!
curious

Hartford, WI

#19 Jul 15, 2009
I got the text but it didn't say anything about NJ. I was also wondering? Is it true?
very hoaxy

Patton, MO

#20 Jul 15, 2009
i got the same text...and sent it to everyone in my phone book, and a friend asked me details that i didn't have the answer to...so i googled the liscense number and it is a hoax that started in Idaho and has travedled aross the nation. sooo sad...but true. I felt like such an idiot for passing it along! So i sent an apology text to everyone i sent it to...telling them it was a hoax, and to always verify alerts before passing them along.:( i too signed up on amber alerts.com to get the alerts straight from them! I can't beleive someone would start a fake amber alert...so sad!
semo

Sligo, PA

#21 Jul 15, 2009
I said this on the other post, but now that I have been thinking about it,I know I got that same text months ago and nothing ever came of it then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats the deal with all the tweekers pb? 3 min Clean one 3
Whites and blacks breeding 22 min Jkh 59
Dr. Jones (Jan '10) 1 hr Yount 97
Worthless Men in Poplar Bluff!!! 1 hr tim82 55
Roger Redwine 1 hr B 3
Poplar bluff police department 2 hr Guest 3
Brandon Southerly 3 hr Christina R 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poplar Bluff Mortgages