good ole southern girl

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2012
has anyone heard about all the staph going around at gates in the bluff they need to shut it down and do some major disinfecting down there
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Jun 25, 2012
5 cases of staph is no joking matter. MRSA is highly contagious and deadly. They did at least bleach the floors this past weekend for all the good that will do. They totally missed the wash baskets, cages, tubs, rollers and everything else that is handled by everyone in the plant. I work there and this is some serious shit. When a person almost loses a limb due to staph, maybe they should shut it down long enough to at least attempt to get rid of it. How would you like to go to work and bring something like that home to your family? What about the people who bring their children in have lunch or dinner with mom, dad, grandma or grandpa? What about the people coming in to fill out applications? How many more need to be infected before something is done?
guesticles

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2012
good ole southern girl wrote:
has anyone heard about all the staph going around at gates in the bluff they need to shut it down and do some major disinfecting down there
It spreads so fast around there because a bunch of employees can't even manage to wash their hands after using the restroom. Probably the same ones who got infected.
Whatever

Ellington, MO

#5 Jun 28, 2012
guest wrote:
5 cases of staph is no joking matter. MRSA is highly contagious and deadly. They did at least bleach the floors this past weekend for all the good that will do. They totally missed the wash baskets, cages, tubs, rollers and everything else that is handled by everyone in the plant. I work there and this is some serious shit. When a person almost loses a limb due to staph, maybe they should shut it down long enough to at least attempt to get rid of it. How would you like to go to work and bring something like that home to your family? What about the people who bring their children in have lunch or dinner with mom, dad, grandma or grandpa? What about the people coming in to fill out applications? How many more need to be infected before something is done?
We bleach the wash baskets every friday night when we shut down the vessel to clean at 10:30. Staph is a serious matter they are now going to replace every towel and all the sleeves to help prevent it. They also wash the towels and sleeves with bleach to try to help but it still happens even though I wish it didn't. As for the rest of the plant I can't say but we are told to put bleach in our wash baskets and have been for a while now.
guest

Qulin, MO

#6 Jun 29, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
We bleach the wash baskets every friday night when we shut down the vessel to clean at 10:30. Staph is a serious matter they are now going to replace every towel and all the sleeves to help prevent it. They also wash the towels and sleeves with bleach to try to help but it still happens even though I wish it didn't. As for the rest of the plant I can't say but we are told to put bleach in our wash baskets and have been for a while now.
really cause my husband works there on 3rd shift and says the water is so nasty that it doesnt get changed that often , and when i worked there the water in the saws was just gross , it didnt get changed like it was suppost to .
Whatever

Ellington, MO

#7 Jun 29, 2012
I will agree that some people don't do what they are supposed to and that leads to this kind of problem. Doug said they are spending 7 to 8 thousand dollars to replace all the towels and all the sleeves because of this staph infection. That tells me the company is trying to better itself but the people need to keep themselves and other cleaner work enviroments.
Whatever

Ellington, MO

#8 Jun 29, 2012
Sorry I forgot this part the water in the wash baskets is supposed to get changed every shift according to company standard but that doesn't happen all the time so alot of us 2nd shift guys have to clean them with bleach every friday night while your hubby is at home. Yes he is right it still looks nasty even though we use bleach that sludge on the older wash baskets is bad.
Wrkr

Euless, TX

#9 Jul 1, 2012
If you do what you are supposed to do at the end of your shift, then the baskets do get bleached, and bleach added to water!
guest wrote:
5 cases of staph is no joking matter. MRSA is highly contagious and deadly. They did at least bleach the floors this past weekend for all the good that will do. They totally missed the wash baskets, cages, tubs, rollers and everything else that is handled by everyone in the plant. I work there and this is some serious shit. When a person almost loses a limb due to staph, maybe they should shut it down long enough to at least attempt to get rid of it. How would you like to go to work and bring something like that home to your family? What about the people who bring their children in have lunch or dinner with mom, dad, grandma or grandpa? What about the people coming in to fill out applications? How many more need to be infected before something is done?
worker

Sikeston, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2012
i have worked there a long time i havent got sick maybe you people live dirty at your house

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitch Justi Counts 5 min precious 6
Woman Beaters In Bluff 16 min precious 7
Young girls 25 min precious 11
Barbers (Aug '11) 1 hr noH8 16
Krista shipman 2 hr lol 5
Childhood memories of Poplar Bluff (Mar '11) 5 hr SLandis 122
best pet groomer 5 hr need new groomer 1
More from around the web

Poplar Bluff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]