hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

what do you think of the donut house and the owner??
J_I_M

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

the donut house has been around for many years,and the owner's are fine people.
so find some other s-hit to run your mouth about
fool
wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

they have some hotties workin there good enough for me.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

I used to work @Donut HOuse when Mr. and Mrs. Langley were owners. They were good to work for and Donut House had quality donuts, etc. It was usually packed full of old timers and regulars in the morning, and they hardly ever ran out of glazed donuts till the afternoon. Mom and Pop businesses are rarely succeeding anymore, and the quality of food and service is plummeting. It seems values aren't priority anymore.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

I was in there this morning and had a couple of doughnouts and a cup of coffee. How in the HELL can they charge so much for those crappy doughnuts and coffee that tasted like water with a shot of mud. I think I'll start going to Walmart and get some of their doughnuts, at least you see what you are eating. Those Donut House doughnuts were SO DAMN SMALL AND RATTY LOOKING.

“THERE THEY GO !!”

Since: Sep 07

the sweet River

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

I drove through for a dozen mixed and it was $9 and something

What happened to the $6 just a very short time ago?
And as mentioned above,they were puny.1/2 a thimbelfull of jelly.

All yall mom & pops stores wonder why we dont buy local. This applies to hundreds of stores in town.

If your customers don't BRAG about how good the service is in your place,your life savings will crumble right through your stingy fingers.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

EXACTLY!!! It's like they have drug addicts making the doughnuts. Apparently the owners don't give a damn what their product looks like, just so long as they bring in the money.
Whatever happened to taking pride in your work??
rocker

Doniphan, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Gosh, I remember going there as a little kid about 25 years ago and it was heavenly. I wish they still tasted like that! The cakes were better back then, too!
Not a deli

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

They shouldn't advertise as a deli. We went in there once at 12:30 and all they had was ham and cheese and only a handful of donuts. We went across the street to San Francisco Bread.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

they do have pretty good donuts!! however they are to high I don't know what the deal is but every where im town you pay at least .50 for one!! not to long a go you could get a 12 for just a few bucks!! hell you can go and get a good meal for what this crap is costing these days~~
Damage_Ink

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

how much is each donut and how much is a dozen at donut house? just curious.
frequent customer

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

They have Great Donuts and very good people there. Tiffany is missed greatly, but they still do a great job. Have any of you haters priced Donuts in other towns? Dexter,Cape,and Sikeston are all higher. Their cakes are excellent too. Barb did a terrific job on my Wedding Cake. Owners are good Christion people who need everyones prayers for their son who has been fighting Brain Cancer.
PFFT

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

GUEST wrote:
I was in there this morning and had a couple of doughnouts and a cup of coffee. How in the HELL can they charge so much for those crappy doughnuts and coffee that tasted like water with a shot of mud. I think I'll start going to Walmart and get some of their doughnuts, at least you see what you are eating. Those Donut House doughnuts were SO DAMN SMALL AND RATTY LOOKING.
Good luck going to WalMart and getting donuts. If you're up early you're out of luck. I've been in numerous times between 530 and 6 and the donuts normally aren't ready till after 7 or later. If I'm gonna be up and going early in the morning it's going to be before 7 and I'm not going to wait on WalMart to make me a snack.

I've never been to the Donut House but I suppose I'll keep in mind now you mention it.

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Who the Hell is gonna drive to Dexter or Cape for doughnuts if they live and work in Poplar Bluff. Just go to Rollen Stollen or Wal mart, at least their doughnuts are reasonably priced for what you get, not these pitifully small things. If they get back to making doughnuts like they used to, like when Byron and his family owned it, I might go back but not until. These doughnuts today are a shame to the Donut House doughnuts of a couple years ago.
huh

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

where is rollen stolin and donut house???
closed

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

didnt roln stoln close a few years ago?

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Nope, Rollen Stollen is down on Maud St. next to Roberts Electric. There is a Dental office and a computer place right in that same area.
closed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

they moved to da hood?
p b man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

quit your bitchn just eat the d@m dougnut and shutup......prolly obese anyway
skinny dude

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

p b man wrote:
quit your bitchn just eat the d@m dougnut and shutup......prolly obese anyway
you are the one who tracked the place down in the hood! obese??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Poplar Bluff Forum right now

Search the Poplar Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 11 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 95,355
holly garrett 19 min Awesome 5
Pre-pay gas stations in PB 25 min wonders 4
Rushin Automotive & Electric 34 min Whatabe 10
Kindergarten roundup 58 min guest 2
Scott wiggs thread gone 1 hr Knows All 14
tranny new in town 3 hr longrider 5
•••
•••
•••
Poplar Bluff Dating

more search filters

less search filters