Why

Chagrin Falls, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2010
I have been at the Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center for a couple of weeks. I have noticed every time I go to the vending machines beside the white love seat and chair, the wooden table is dirty with the same coffee spill. Why doesn't the man clean it? I don't want to get sick during my visit and am wondering what else he doesn't clean on a daily basis. He is lazy and not very friendly at all.
Report it

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Oct 12, 2010
Please report this to your nurse and if there is nothing done, please contact the Administrative offices.
Dude

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Administration doesn't know jack. They will first deny that it is dirty, then when proven wrong will place blame on someone below them on the food chain... 2 weeks later it will still be dirty.
Haha

Columbia, MO

#4 Oct 12, 2010
Report it wrote:
Please report this to your nurse and if there is nothing done, please contact the Administrative offices.
Nurses are nothing but fat and lazy and looking for their next victim to screw. They are not worried bout patients or dirt
As if

Van Nuys, CA

#5 Oct 12, 2010
My father was in the hospital over the summer. The room was dirty. One the first day we noticed some french fries in the corner. They were still there five days later. Also, used to be that when one patient leaves and another comes in to the same bed, they could scrub down everything before making a new bed. They just put on clean sheets and that was it. With all the news about people getting staph infections in hospitals you would think they would do better. Our complaints went unanswered.
Cee

Festus, MO

#6 Oct 12, 2010
As if wrote:
My father was in the hospital over the summer. The room was dirty. One the first day we noticed some french fries in the corner. They were still there five days later. Also, used to be that when one patient leaves and another comes in to the same bed, they could scrub down everything before making a new bed. They just put on clean sheets and that was it. With all the news about people getting staph infections in hospitals you would think they would do better. Our complaints went unanswered.
You know your either making that up or don't know what your talking about.
As if

Van Nuys, CA

#7 Oct 12, 2010
Cee wrote:
<quoted text>You know your either making that up or don't know what your talking about.
Why would I make that up? I have nothing to prove to anyone, especially a moron such as yourself.
Prolly TRUE
#8 Oct 12, 2010
People are so lazy in this town,if their supervisor isn't watching them,they will do as little as they can. The housekeepers are NOT PBRMC employees-they are subcontracted labor. That is why you can't get a straight answer about anything.
yeah

United States

#9 Oct 13, 2010
Prolly TRUE wrote:
People are so lazy in this town,if their supervisor isn't watching them,they will do as little as they can. The housekeepers are NOT PBRMC employees-they are subcontracted labor. That is why you can't get a straight answer about anything.
they don't have a supervisor at night ar on the weekends go figure
Why

Chagrin Falls, OH

#10 Oct 13, 2010
The table is still dirty with the same coffee spill. It's a shame. You are right about people doing as little as possible.
bill

Poplar Bluff, MO

#11 Oct 14, 2010
As if wrote:
Next time you open any door to any public place, sit at their tables, use their salt/papper shakers, shake hands with some one you know, open your mailbox and read your mail, read your newspaper, order food through a drive through, put your hands on an item at the grocery store or give your kid a kiss when he/she comes home from school and has played in the dirt.......you might catch staph. There are as many sick people walking the streets as there are who decide to go to the hospital. Pick your poison and quit bitching.
Why

Chagrin Falls, OH

#12 Oct 14, 2010
Billy Boy, I don't have to quit bitching, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. As much money as a hospital stay cost, I want the place clean.
Im Sorry

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 15, 2010
Please understand that not all PBRMC nurses are "fat and lazy" and just because the housekeeping staff is hired and paid by contract companies does not mean that those employees don't care about the work they do.
There are many of us that truly care about our work, our hospital and our community and try daily to make things better. Our community deserves the best health care available in the best environment possible and at a reasonable cost. There are steps being taken to get there.
Unfortunately the actions of a few always seem to undermine and negate the hard work and dedication of the many.
Prolly TRUE
#14 Oct 15, 2010
Im Sorry wrote:
Please understand that not all PBRMC nurses are "fat and lazy" and just because the housekeeping staff is hired and paid by contract companies does not mean that those employees don't care about the work they do.
There are many of us that truly care about our work, our hospital and our community and try daily to make things better. Our community deserves the best health care available in the best environment possible and at a reasonable cost. There are steps being taken to get there.
Unfortunately the actions of a few always seem to undermine and negate the hard work and dedication of the many.
The rule of 7-11,happy people tell 7 others,unhappy people tell 11. The rules on changing sheets is wrong,in comparison with the cost of a stay. Clean linens go a long way towards the perception of cleanliness, and caring,the little touches that make a sick person feel better. Unalert patients could be cleaned,linens changed and rooms cleaned after midnight,if you have to. Waiting until people are complaining is stupid. As for staph,don't use a public ink pen,or a dirty shopping cart handle, or a public phone or door knob, or Red Box-all dirty!
meme

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Oct 15, 2010
I think a hospital or clinic should be immaculate.
I went to Advanced Healtcare and it was so dirty everywhere I never went back. Dr. Plunketts old office is also filthy. Please at least let us have clean medical facilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poplar Bluff Wikipedia 44 min True 6
semo drug treatment at the old bank 2 hr B insane Obama 5
Mandy is user 5 hr ShutUpAlready 7
Toughest guy in Poplar Bluff 6 hr Stephie 92
News Lawmakers address accusations 7 hr Sarah 27
Old Guys with Ponytails 8 hr Dagger 32
Why all the thread about chris sappington 9 hr Theo 17

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance