need a good builder
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanted

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2008
i am going to build a home in the next 3 months. which contractor would you recommend?
big man

Williamsville, MO

#2 Sep 8, 2008
I would recommend the Cochran's Jody and Joe. They are really good and affordable! Their phone # is seven seven six zero two seven zero
builders wife

United States

#3 Sep 10, 2008
Ask a lumber yard for good references. They would know. Also make sure they are insured (work comp etc..), if they are not and someone gets hurt on your property you are responsible and will have to pay.
Bob

Vilonia, AR

#4 Sep 10, 2008
avoid Shane Nagell from Doniphan. El Crapo work.
Beware

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Sep 10, 2008
Whatever you do, don't have Charles Hampton build it. Take my word on it.
Just had a house built

Faridabad, India

#6 Sep 10, 2008
big man wrote:
I would recommend the Cochran's Jody and Joe. They are really good and affordable! Their phone # is seven seven six zero two seven zero
Just had a house built by the Cochran's. Excellent work. Highly recommended.
aaaaaaa

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Sep 10, 2008
Just had a house built wrote:
<quoted text>
Just had a house built by the Cochran's. Excellent work. Highly recommended.
and good people too
good builder

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Sep 10, 2008
vince lampe is real quality work too.
fyi

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2008
i heard rick pigg did good work
MEnGOD

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Sep 10, 2008
roland medrano construction we built our home in 1999 and was gonna go for a different contractor i was told not to use our first choice so i did call some of the lumber yards and was told by several guys that we may have to wait awhile for roland but we would not regret it and im so glad we changed our mind roland was wonderful we love our home and his work is immaculant he got hurt earlier this year but he is back working now his number is seven one eight seven six o six good luck
Been There Done That

United States

#11 Sep 10, 2008
Avoid Tony Portell too, he talks a good game but his work isn't worth a crap.
714 cali

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Sep 10, 2008
MEnGOD wrote:
roland medrano construction we built our home in 1999 and was gonna go for a different contractor i was told not to use our first choice so i did call some of the lumber yards and was told by several guys that we may have to wait awhile for roland but we would not regret it and im so glad we changed our mind roland was wonderful we love our home and his work is immaculant he got hurt earlier this year but he is back working now his number is seven one eight seven six o six good luck
I agree awesome guy.
PB Man

Columbia, MO

#13 Sep 10, 2008
We've always had everything built by the Allisons. Willard I think. Cochrans great too though. But I'd at least check Allison.
ditto

Van Nuys, CA

#14 Sep 11, 2008
Been There Done That wrote:
Avoid Tony Portell too, he talks a good game but his work isn't worth a crap.
ditto!

Since: Aug 08

San Francisco, CA

#15 Sep 11, 2008
Used Greer Construction in the past...Great craftsmen, but on the high side. Not sure if they still do residential, but was best work I have ever seen in a home...

Since: Aug 08

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Sep 12, 2008
recently had some work done by sheppard's, exellent work, built both a shop biulding and a remodel, good rates
JanicePB

Chagrin Falls, OH

#17 Oct 8, 2008
Bob wrote:
avoid Shane Nagell from Doniphan. El Crapo work.
Just a comment about Shane Nagell. He built my house a couple of years ago and came HIGHLY recommended by a friend of ours. The construction of our home was perfect, and we have had no problems whatsoever. I would put his work above any builder in the area.(Also the interiors are gorgeous!)
New Home Owner

Faridabad, India

#18 Oct 9, 2008
I used Kyle Kurz, "Kurz Construction" and was extremely pleased. Only thing is, he's not chatty and can come across as not concerned, but trust me, he remember all 200 changes I made. If I was you, I would show your plans to at least 2, but not more than 5, and see how you get along with them individually.
wanted wrote:
i am going to build a home in the next 3 months. which contractor would you recommend?
Maroon and White

Columbia, MO

#19 Oct 9, 2008
Couple people I have heard of that do a good job are Dave Gholson in Poplar Bluff and Mike Smith in Qulin.
ol home owner

Blue Springs, MO

#20 Oct 9, 2008
Beware of Brown Electrical......cuts way too many corners and way over priced.....

Charges more to cover the losses at the wine rack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will PB dismiss for the eclipse 1 min Guest 2
Timing 27 min Observer 11
Harps 44 min SickOfUrChit 35
Total eclipse on Monday 46 min Okgo 1
Poplar Bluff Sidewalk Construction. Good? Bad... 1 hr Observer 19
Deaf Tara (Nov '10) 1 hr Nope 19
hannah katheryn 1 hr Caught cha 48

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance