Wive. Wocal. Wate Bweaking. Hawtwa...
KFVS supporter

Columbia, MO

#43 Aug 26, 2008
I grew up in the Cape area, and never really thought much about whether or not ch.12 was good, but since moving to Columbia, I realized that channel 12 is so much better than most small market stations. We have a station here that is so bad! It seems like every day is the anchor's first day- no expression, so energy, just reading. They are constantly going off the air and messing up during the news. What's worse is that they are a training station for Mizzou's school of journalism which is supposed to be one of the best in the country. Be thankful for what you do have. I'm glad that Ryan Tate has joined one of the local stations here. At least someone knows what they're doing. If you don't like CJ, just change the channel. Does anyone have proof she's hard of hearing? I thought it was just her accent.
yours truly

Faridabad, India

#44 Aug 26, 2008
I thought it was just her accent too. She sounds like Mo from that Nickelodeon show Guts. Anyone remember Mo's accent?

Anyway if she is hard of hearing you shouldn't insist that she doesn't need to have the job she has. That's ridiculous. Everyone deserves a fair shot. Remember the first deaf Miss America Heather Whitestone? The governer of New York David Paterson is legally blind.

There's a lot of people that report the news on major stations that sound like bumbling idiots, or muppets on crack, etc.

The girl does her job well enough. I don't see any problem.

Since: Aug 08

Redmond, WA

#45 Aug 26, 2008
yours truly wrote:
The governer of New York David Paterson is legally blind.
another example of common sense. A blind guy running the entire state of new york. Are all the documents, proposals, etc. all in brail. Hey, let's let him get a driver's license - would that make everybody happy and feel like he deserves a chance at it? C'mon people... COMMON SENSE. Geesh
PB_Res

Redmond, WA

#46 Dec 24, 2008
I can't believe this bitch is still doing the news. SHE CANNOT TALK PROPERLY!!!! let's be realistic here. What a dumb station that lets this happen....
LOL

Normangee, TX

#47 Dec 24, 2008
PB_Res wrote:
I can't believe this bitch is still doing the news. SHE CANNOT TALK PROPERLY!!!! let's be realistic here. What a dumb station that lets this happen....
Do u know her? Why is she a bitch? I have met her and she is a very nice lady if u do not like the news change the fuck*ng channel dumb shi^
PB_Res

Redmond, WA

#48 Dec 24, 2008
I do change the channel so f-off! Go talk sh.t somewhere else.
KFVS Watcher

United States

#49 Dec 25, 2008
Does anyone else find John Dissauer and Arnold Wyrick incredibly handsome?
Wrong

Clarkesville, GA

#50 Dec 25, 2008
This topic is WRONG,WRONG,WRONG.YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE FUN OF SOMEBODY WITH A DISABILITY.KARMA IS A BITCH.YA'LL IS GOING TO BURN IN HELL.EVERY ONE OF YOU MAKING FUN OF HER,YOU BETTER WATCH OUT.GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
Red

O Fallon, MO

#51 Dec 25, 2008
Anonymous on the first page was right. She doesn't have a speech impediment as far as I know. I've met her and she IS from Sri Lanka. I'm not sure if she grew up speaking English or not, but I know that probably plays a part in her accent.
mee

Foristell, MO

#52 Dec 25, 2008
She is having problems with her eyesight, pray for her.

Since: Nov 07

Faridabad, India

#53 Dec 25, 2008
well the professionalism of the news team goes down because of this
Gilda Radner, back in the 70s, did this imitation of barbara walters, and it was hilarious, now we have a reporter on a news station that has a very large viewer base, and people aren't paying attention to the stories she is covering, but rather making fun of her impediment
i think KFVS should re think the stories they give her, and maybe get her some therapy or help to fix it
What

Foristell, MO

#54 Dec 25, 2008
Hey butt crack, I think she does a great job.. your just one oppion of many. Get over it>

Faridabad, India

#55 Dec 26, 2008
What wrote:
Hey butt crack, I think she does a great job.. your just one oppion of many. Get over it>
hahaha
turns out the buttcrack is your smile hahaha
and your right
i have a OPINION, not a OPPION
spell check my friend
try it
Damage Ink

Redmond, WA

#56 Dec 26, 2008
cant we awl juwst get awong?

Faridabad, India

#57 Dec 26, 2008
agweed
wacky taffy

United States

#58 Dec 27, 2008
KFVS Watcher wrote:
Does anyone else find John Dissauer and Arnold Wyrick incredibly handsome?
Not many know this, but Arnold Wyrick was a male stripper years ago, probably around his college years. It was not locally but in another state he lived in at the time.

I know this because a family member of his once told me the story.

Since: Dec 08

Penrose, CO

#59 Dec 27, 2008
I think CJ does a fine job w/the news. What if she were your daughter (especially if she has a hearing problem)? Stop being so mean to good people. R U perfect? Go fight terrorist or join law enforcement. Do something about the bad news, don't pick on a young woman reporting the news. Later
Priority

Cape Girardeau, MO

#60 Feb 16, 2009
OMG wrote:
CJ is very hard of hearing, almost deaf. I felt the same way most of you do until I found out the truth now I admire her for going after her dreams. Give her a break everyone cant be as perfect as most of you.
I work with someone who knows CJ. He says she is not at all hard of hearing.
DHS66

Chesterfield, MO

#61 Feb 16, 2009
CJ comes across as a nice person. At first, I was deeply annoyed with her speech, and thought the same thing, that she had a speech problem. Over the time that she has been at KFVS, she has improved greatly.

Overall, KFVS news has declined horribly. There is no news, just rehash of national news that you will hear in a few minutes on CBS, and fluff pieces. Now, they are inserting many of the stories that orginate in their sister station, KAIT-8 in Jonesboro.

I blame the news decline on Kathy Sweeney, and the news assignment editior, John Brocklan (or something like that) They wouldn't know news if it slapped them upside the head.

Sweeney has done packages, like the Century Mortgage scandal, which was a series, but just ended one night, without any clear ending... it just stopped. No real wrap, no clean exit to the story, it was like it ended and there was another piece coming the next night, but it never came.

Odd.

KFVS has declined in the ratings, and it isn't because of CJ Cassidy. WPSD, Channel 6 is now #1 in southeast Missouri news.

Since: Jan 09

Houston, TX

#62 Feb 16, 2009
GD H8RS....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogers Theater to be DEMOLISHED 15 min Hoobastank 4
Harbor Freight opening. 20 min bill 2
What happened to the post about Justin at O'Rei... 37 min Darin 7
Ozark Mobile Homes (May '15) 1 hr skepticle 9
B&S payout not worth ur time on productivety 3 hr Uphill in the snow 12
Hot blonde lez from caseys 5 hr Lol 3
Nicole lynn 5 hr Kyle 2

Poplar Bluff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance