fire

Poplar Bluff, MO

#21 Aug 9, 2011
Whiskey down will be a great club.....only if they fire ben hinkle. Thats the person who got scooters shut down and let them get robbed three times. You must be a dumbass to let him stay in there.
Bluff Dad

Dexter, MO

#22 Aug 9, 2011
fire wrote:
Whiskey down will be a great club.....only if they fire ben hinkle. Thats the person who got scooters shut down and let them get robbed three times. You must be a dumbass to let him stay in there.
Obviously, you have no clue to what you are talking about, Ben is a great guy with a great head on his shoulders and for you to talk like this must mean that you were one of those that were recently fired and now trying to hate on him!

Bluff Dad

Dexter, MO

#23 Aug 9, 2011
Now, I was in there Saturday night for the Fights, which were frickin' AWESOME(first time going to them)!! Then our group hung out and partied afterwards, we really loved the atmosphere, the music, Food was DELISH and the Owners and Staff made it a point to make us feel very welcome!

We will be going again!
Not a fan

United States

#24 Aug 9, 2011
Not a fan of Scooters, but Ben is a nice guy. Don't know much about his management but I'm betting whoever said that is a disgruntled ex employee because I seen all new staff Saturday during the fights. The place did look great but I had some friends hanging out at Bullwinkles and didn't stay for the grand opening. Maybe next weekend though. Liking the changes that I did see.

Bluff Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you have no clue to what you are talking about, Ben is a great guy with a great head on his shoulders and for you to talk like this must mean that you were one of those that were recently fired and now trying to hate on him!
Im A fan

Poplar Bluff, MO

#25 Aug 9, 2011
They will be having dance classes. There is one this week.
Visited

Kansas City, MO

#26 Aug 10, 2011
Someone told me Steve Gibson is the new owner
been there

Benton, AR

#27 Aug 13, 2011
I've been there before when it was scooters a lot of rap and wanna be gang hangers I'm glad they cleaned it up the names kinda dumb and went in there and stayed and Hung out after the fights the employees were cool except there was a short blonde girl with a catchy voice yelling at
The employee and being a birch surprised they still work there someone should do something bout that that is very unprofessional

Benton, AR

#28 Aug 13, 2011
Ya I've seen her I think she the bartender she would look good if she would drop the belly and love handles and know how to do her makeup without lookin like a Ho she was a hitch when I went up to get my beer
new customer

Chicago, IL

#29 Aug 14, 2011
I went to Whiskey Down last night an had a great time. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. I would have preferred they kept with country music over club music since the bar is advertising itself as a country bar. As with all business, I realize you need to cater to the crowd, but the country dancers will not stay if they do not have consistent country music to dance to. Other than that, it was a great evening.

Marion, IL

#30 Aug 15, 2011
who owns this place
tony

United States

#31 Aug 15, 2011
Steve Gibson
again

United States

#32 Aug 15, 2011
And still john gholson
why

Poplar Bluff, MO

#33 Aug 15, 2011
I wonder why people are so concerned with who owns it.
same ol

United States

#34 Aug 15, 2011
why wrote:
because usually and times before you have the same owner you keep the same kind of environment

Marion, IL

#35 Aug 15, 2011
I wonder why your kind are so utterly brainless. Dumbass.
why wrote:

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Aug 17, 2011
Steve Gibson just gave them some money so he can hang out and look at all the young girls for free instead of hanging out at the Pony and having to pay for it. He is a minor partner.
citizen

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Aug 17, 2011
a dump is a dump it just goes by a different name
Poplar Bluff, MO

#38 Aug 17, 2011
hey citizen, have you even bothered to go out there and give the place a chance? I doubt it. It is much easier to sit on your high horse behind a computer screen and pass judgement. Maybe you should actually go to the place before you trash talk it.

Saint Louis, MO

#39 Aug 22, 2011
citizen wrote:
a dump is a dump it just goes by a different name
YEP!!!!1

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Aug 22, 2011
If this is the last chance this place has to stay opened i don't think it is going to work. We went out there this weekend what a drag...They kept telling us that everone showed up later but the crowd never got bigger than maybe 30 people and our group alone was nine of that thirty...they played a lot of the same country and the dj is an ass really rude since they made most of their money from our group...most of the staff are the same there was a new person at the door and a new security guard but other than that it was the same people. The manager is still nice as hell like always....its said to see that he is going to fell. I just think that there are to many country bars to compete with I like the old mix of music that they played. I won't go back its a waste of gas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poplar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I do not miss you 2 hr Thedeadrose 19
Poplar Bluff Patriots! Now is the time!! 6 hr Gus 2
Whitney anderson is losing her kids to her exhu... 7 hr Truth 1
Will Trump save our country? 7 hr guest 23
Apartments 8 hr Apartment Hunting 1
pitty ole whitney anderson 8 hr Who this 14
Happy shopper 12 hr Happy shopper 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poplar Bluff Mortgages