Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Judged:

Rumor is that Scooters is getting new owners and they are making it a country club called Whiskey Down. What are the chances that it's for real? I'm ready for a real dance club where I can go and have some fun! Hoping this is for real!!!!

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Scooters on Facebook is having everyone go like the Whiskey Down page or something like that. They said they are deleting the scooters account.
Cool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

I hope so. They need to go back to their roots. That place was awesome back when they first opened and was more country/dance. It turned trashy/ghetto and I quit going out there. They are giving out free drinks for every 50th person on facebook!:) Thanks for that info guest!

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

No problem.
billy bob

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

What are the chances wrote:
Rumor is that Scooters is getting new owners and they are making it a country club called Whiskey Down. What are the chances that it's for real? I'm ready for a real dance club where I can go and have some fun! Hoping this is for real!!!!
do you know if they are offering dance lessons?
no idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

I've heard they are reopening with new owners too. Didn't hear anything about dan e lessons but that doesn't mean they aren't having them. Best to check once they reopen probably.
awesome

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

Same owners people... Don't you know how this game works its a last stitch chance to keep the business afloat
fun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Knowo for fact one of the co owners is a buddy of mine new to the business opens next sat
kicker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

I think they are just trying to generate hype to make money. The allure of scooters died long ago for me.
awesome

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Doesn't matter the main owner is still the main owner calls the shots, nothings changing
met the new people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

I went out to Tiki jons last night and was asking about whats going on. They do have a new owner coming in, they have all new staff, they have changed a bunch of stuff inside, and they are playing a new playlist of music. I don't know what all the negative talk is for, but I liked what I seen and heard. I'm not a regular or "in the know" like some of the people here apparently, but I seen lots of change. I guess time will tell once they open.
awesome

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

New staff? Hahaha obviously your not in the know that guy they have their wes has been hired and fired off and on for years and chrissy? Hmmmm
met the new people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

I didnt meet or know anyone with the name chrissy on the staff but maybe she just wasn't there. I know who Wes is and he was there but wasnt working just hanging out. I'm not arguing that he is or isn't working there because I don't know, but I didn't see him working that night. He was hanging out with a group of people. Even if they did keep TWO employees whats the big deal? Especially if one of them have been off and on? BTW....I like Wes and wouldn't care anyway if he did work there.

awesome wrote:
New staff? Hahaha obviously your not in the know that guy they have their wes has been hired and fired off and on for years and chrissy? Hmmmm
awesome

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

Just saying maybe you should get your facts straight before you go around talking. No new staff, same ol peeps, maybe someone else bought out the other owner but the one that made the club what it is still owns majority,!nd nothing will change, it will instead of being filled with blacks its being substituted for redneck trash which is what it will pull now

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

Is that John Gholson still there,if so he sucks big time,loves the little girls!!!!!I didn't think he would ever sell his honey hole!!!
comeandsee

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Dear Awesome,
I understand you seem to have an issue with the club, however i think you should at least wait and see what it will be like. There is a new staff, new look and most of all a new attitude. If you gave the place a chance you would see that for yourself.
Nick Norman Fan

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

Nick Norman and Lewis Brice will be out there in a couple of weeks...it is going to be an AMAZING show! These guys are SUPER TALENTED!:)

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

John Gholson is a freak. Chrissy is white trash. Lol yea good luck whiskey down
bar fan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

lastnight whiskydown was rockin!if you were there you kno,all those haters were not there or they would kno for real.also you can order good hot food now and gets to you fast,like i said it all was rockin all should check it out it's not the same place anymore!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

The club looks really different! They have new seating around the dance floor, the dj is on a booth overlooking the dance floor, the main bar has been remodeled almost entirely, it was a mix of country and dance music (don't remember any rock being played). Lots of fun...takes me back to about 12 years ago. Oh and all the people saying its the same staff, its a lie, I only seen one person working there that I recognized and I think he's the manager. I haven't been out there much in recent years, but I did go out right before they closed and it was a bunch of trashy looking girls in red tight fitting skirts flirting with all the guys. They were in new outfits and didn't see any of the old girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Poplar Bluff Forum right now

Search the Poplar Bluff Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Am I a loser? 29 min Just my opinion 9
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 51 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,067
War is coming very soon. 1 hr Guest 5
Poplar Bluff Walmart vs. other Walmarts 6 hr Guest 21
does anybody know trisha thomason 7 hr behonestforrealplease 2
Jerry Hill III aka Jay hill (Mar '12) 10 hr guest 6
Josh Miller 11 hr DJ Jazzy Josh 3
•••
•••
•••
Poplar Bluff Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••