Local Carpenter Carves Papal Altar

Local Carpenter Carves Papal Altar

There are 45 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Local Carpenter Carves Papal Altar. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Dave Cahoon calls his latest project a blessing. The ordained deacon and Holy Cross graduate was asked to make the furniture that Pope Benedict will use for next month's mass at Nationals Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gjmoore

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 28, 2008
How exciting for this gentleman - he should be proud. I saw this on TV and he looked like he makes good "stuff" too. Good for you Mr. Cahoon.
Cora

AOL

#2 Mar 31, 2008
You GO Deacon Dave!
John

San Jose, CA

#3 Apr 1, 2008
I don't think the article mentioned the name of his shop is St Joseph's Carpentry Shop. Deacon Dave can be spotted driving a truck with a bumper sticker that says "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter."

When out pastor died last year David was called to help hold the parish together with our Father Visitor of many decades, Father Robert Zylla, who has taught Moral Philosophy at Mount St Mary's.

We are pleased as punch to have such men in our little parish. I wish Father Lawrence would have lived to see this.
John

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 1, 2008
I meant to say: Father Robert Zylla, who has taught Moral Philosophy at Mount St Mary's Seminary to hundreds of priests and Bishops. He is still teaching the next generation of priests and is a wonder.
JOHN

San Francisco, CA

#5 Apr 1, 2008
What an honor for Decaon Dave to be able to do this honor. Will the Holy Father's trip be televised? I sure hope so.
fed up with the mess

United States

#6 Apr 1, 2008
JOHN wrote:
What an honor for Decaon Dave to be able to do this honor. Will the Holy Father's trip be televised? I sure hope so.
Why? He is not GOD. Not even close!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#7 Apr 1, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>Why? He is not GOD. Not even close!
Please let us all know when God himself IS on television. I, for one, would watch that. Until that time, please allow us the option of viewing other programming.
fed up with the mess

United States

#8 Apr 1, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let us all know when God himself IS on television. I, for one, would watch that. Until that time, please allow us the option of viewing other programming.
OK. Answer this. Why is the pope so important. What has he done that makes him so important?
JOHN

San Francisco, CA

#9 Apr 1, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text> OK. Answer this. Why is the pope so important. What has he done that makes him so important?
Fed Up with the mess, do you know anything about Chruch History? If you do you would know that the Holy Father is the direct successor to Saint Peter whom Our Savior built His Church upon.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#10 Apr 1, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text> OK. Answer this. Why is the pope so important. What has he done that makes him so important?
You are familiar with the Pope and his office. He also happens to be, technically, a foreign dignitary and world leader.

For non-Catholics, this is of no import, but it's why he is accorded the treatment he receives.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#11 Apr 1, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text> OK. Answer this. Why is the pope so important. What has he done that makes him so important?
It's like getting all gussied up when Rev. Smithy and his wife come over for dinner, except on a bigger scale.
fed up with the mess

United States

#12 Apr 1, 2008
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fed Up with the mess, do you know anything about Chruch History? If you do you would know that the Holy Father is the direct successor to Saint Peter whom Our Savior built His Church upon.
Why does that matter? GOD built the church...not the catholic church. The church is made up of believers in Christ...nothing more.
JOHN

San Francisco, CA

#13 Apr 1, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like getting all gussied up when Rev. Smithy and his wife come over for dinner, except on a bigger scale.
I don't know who Rev. Smithy is but I know that the Holy Father is someone that I respect and would love to see.
fed up with the mess

United States

#14 Apr 1, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are familiar with the Pope and his office. He also happens to be, technically, a foreign dignitary and world leader.
For non-Catholics, this is of no import, but it's why he is accorded the treatment he receives.
Why is he a world leader? I respect him as a man only. He is not that special...no man is on this earth. Sorry.
fed up with the mess

United States

#15 Apr 1, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like getting all gussied up when Rev. Smithy and his wife come over for dinner, except on a bigger scale.
Who is that? I don't know him.
fed up with the mess

United States

#16 Apr 1, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are familiar with the Pope and his office. He also happens to be, technically, a foreign dignitary and world leader.
For non-Catholics, this is of no import, but it's why he is accorded the treatment he receives.
At the end he too will be judged for his sins just like me and you.
fed up with the mess

United States

#17 Apr 1, 2008
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Fed Up with the mess, do you know anything about Chruch History? If you do you would know that the Holy Father is the direct successor to Saint Peter whom Our Savior built His Church upon.
Our savior built "the church" not a church just for catholics...that is wrong. The bible does not state that in order to get to heaven one must be catholic.
JOHN

San Francisco, CA

#18 Apr 1, 2008
fed up with the mess wrote:
<quoted text>Our savior built "the church" not a church just for catholics...that is wrong. The bible does not state that in order to get to heaven one must be catholic.
Dear fed up, I think that you are on the wrong forum then. This is about the Holy Father coming to the United States and Deacon Dan having to honor of building the altar. But Our Savior said Peter on this rock I will build my Church. Saint Peter was the first Pope, and many have followed.
fed up with the mess

United States

#19 Apr 1, 2008
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear fed up, I think that you are on the wrong forum then. This is about the Holy Father coming to the United States and Deacon Dan having to honor of building the altar. But Our Savior said Peter on this rock I will build my Church. Saint Peter was the first Pope, and many have followed.
Not the catholic church..."my church" meaning GODS church for all those that believe. There is no Holy Father here on earth. That is idol worshiping.
fed up with the mess

United States

#20 Apr 1, 2008
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear fed up, I think that you are on the wrong forum then. This is about the Holy Father coming to the United States and Deacon Dan having to honor of building the altar. But Our Savior said Peter on this rock I will build my Church. Saint Peter was the first Pope, and many have followed.
John you got it wrong...the only person that I refer to as Holy Father is GOD himself. Not a man here on earth. Does your pope have sin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poolesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Have you had poor service from MTM Management ? (Jan '09) Mar 15 636breezy 18
Review: BMI Karate/iLoveKickboxing (May '15) Mar 6 blovell2006 29
Zaglio's Bakery Cafe FLUNKED AND WILL CLOSE!! Jan '17 Buddy 3
Selby's Market (Aug '11) Jan '17 Len Selby 126
News Man Dies In Motorcycle Accident In Germantown (May '10) Jan '17 Tim the Bagger 21
We are SHUTTING DOWN THE BARGER SHOP Dec '16 Valerie D 1
Illegal rooming houses Dec '16 Jeremy 2

Poolesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Poolesville Mortgages