It's Official, Toyota Chooses Tupelo

Full story: WTVC Chattanooga

It's news that practically no one in Chattanooga wanted to hear. Tuesday morning, Toyota announced it would build its one-point-three billion dollar assembly plant at a site near Tupelo, Mississippi.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2014
Kristin

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2007

This is wonderful news for this area of the nation and of Mississippi. Toyota will have a great resource in potential employees and it will give this region a tremendous economic boost!
Jessica

Terry, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2007

I think this is an economic boost for our area. Although some do not particulairly accept change very well this should be accepted and welcomed with open arms. Economic growth is just what north mississippi needs.
Formerly from MS

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

Kristin wrote:
This is wonderful news for this area of the nation and of Mississippi. Toyota will have a great resource in potential employees and it will give this region a tremendous economic boost!
Great news. I do not know who all was involved in making this happen but my hats off to all of you. This was a very competitive endeaver and you were going against some sites that were permitted, sitework nearly completed, and existing sites that would have just needed some updates, but somehow you convinced the powers to be to accept your site instead. I may not live in Mississippi now, but I have always been proud of being born and raised around Tupelo (Baldwyn to be exact). Congrads again.
G D Anglin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

Maybe this will help the southeast move into the 21st century.( I'm in AL not NY)
dash-dewey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Tupelo was probably chosen, because the Japanese prime minister is a huge fan of Elvis Presley.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Hiya I'm getting ready to move to the area and I'd like to make friends that are from here so hit me up
Bob

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Sweethottie wrote:
Hiya I'm getting ready to move to the area and I'd like to make friends that are from here so hit me up
Not with a name like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pontotoc Discussions

Search the Pontotoc Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tupelo officials delay vote on e-cigarette ban 2 hr Schmones 9
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 10 hr Laws 1,970
John Logan back stabbed 23 hr smarter than you 2
Tupelo Hospital Mon Drugs 5
Phentermine (Apr '12) Jul 28 Drugs 58
Miss. Democratic congressional candidate takes ... Jul 27 The Rogue 2
Firefighters watch as bio-diesel plant burns (Jan '14) Jul 27 In the know 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pontotoc Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000