Juror Punished For Bringing Kids To C...

Juror Punished For Bringing Kids To Court

There are 7 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 4, 2010, titled Juror Punished For Bringing Kids To Court. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A Michigan mother said she was ordered to jail for bringing her two young children with her to jury duty because she could not find someone to watch them, Detroit TV station WDIV reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

amikoishti

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2010
I guess Pennsylvania doesn't have all the jerky judges.
caption rhinobrains

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 5, 2010
lol....

SASSY

KID HATERS!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 5, 2010
that's bullshit! maybe they should take it into account that not everyone has childcare or can afford it...maybe the courts should pay for it when they need you on a jury

“Happy Spring”

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#4 Mar 5, 2010
kimbev69 wrote:
that's ****! maybe they should take it into account that not everyone has childcare or can afford it...maybe the courts should pay for it when they need you on a jury
You mean the courts don't have childcare for the jurors, that is a good idea, and will give someone a job.
jones

AOL

#5 Mar 5, 2010
Better if you just didn't show up. They would have sent sheriffs for you and the ball would have been in their court as what to do with your kids.

Sort of like getting pulled over for a dui and sitting in the back seat . It's all up to the cop and courts to prove who was driving. When they see the expense involved it's thrown out.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 6, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the courts don't have childcare for the jurors, that is a good idea, and will give someone a job.
exactly and think about it they can use alot of stay at home moms to fill jury seats or stay at home dads...
Scott S

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2010
The American Bar Association last week printed an opinion at their national website Judge Leo Bowman actions constituted judicial misconduct and his action reflected poorly on the reputation of all Michigan judges.
Michigan judicial oversight the Judicial Tenure Commission has a long history of ignoring outrageous judicial behavior. The JTC is an 'old boy's network' so it is unlikely even with Bowmans history of threatening jurors - he did the same July 2009 any action will be taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontiac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stant Manufacturing Sat Lumpy 1
News How my president's tariffs would cripple my com... May 16 Dee Dee Dee 2
Kirt simpson May 12 Roofplus10 2
old fisher body plt (Dec '08) Apr 23 Pam 23
News Detroit-area man shoots at black teen who asked... Apr '18 Ben 1
News 'Fancy hot dog' and Frito pie maker Doggy Style... Mar '18 tomfatabq 1
News Mahindra Builds Dealer Network for ROXOR Off-Hi... Mar '18 david jones 1

Pontiac Jobs

Personal Finance

Pontiac Mortgages