Livingston County Republican party

Livingston County Republican party

Posted in the Pontiac Forum

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 18, 2010
Why is the Livingston County Republican party attempting with all there might to thwart the addition of Detective Tony Childress
from becoming a Independent canidate for sheriff on this Novembers ballot? No democratic opposition is running. It seems to me they doth protest too much.
CCC

East Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Sep 29, 2010
Seems to me those who you think "doth protest too much" are only asking for ALL the candidates to follow the same laws. That makes it an even playing field and is fair to everyone.

Location hidden

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Mgt51964. It is about following the statutes and not some conspiracy theory that the Livingston County Republican party or any other party is trying to thwart anything. It is simply a matter of principle. If a potential candidate whether Democrat, Republican, or Independent wants to be a candidate they must follow all the requirements established by the election board to do so. If the statute is not adhered to then there would be no checks and balances. Without those checks and balances the system fails. To blame one party over another for trying to ensure the integrity of the election process seems to be placing blame for doing what is right. Isn't that what our values are based on? Doing what is right.
do it right

Livingston, AL

#4 Oct 2, 2010
If Mr Childress wanted to be sheriff, he should of spent the effort and money to run in the primary. "Johnny come lately" appears to want to take the easy way to fame. Or, just maybe the Livingston County Board didn't like the outcome of the primary and are simply wanting to plant a puppet...what do ya think?

Location hidden

#5 Oct 6, 2010
I think you are entitled yo your opinion......and peace to you......however I see an agenda. Guess we agree to disagree, see you at the polls.
weird

United States

#6 Oct 6, 2010
I think ur a bunch of haterzal and dnt no the law urselfs if it slaped u. N the forheds...that's wats wrong with ur town..to buzy to make a difference.yet u bring the law n it and u say tony didn't run prior. Well let karma come down to you and urs and taketh from u as it was done to him...stay strong cause I no tony is...c ya at the polls.....respect is wat he is about...wat ru about...look at the towns history...yea.thought so....corrupted bleeding stained hands....
weird

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2010
do it right wrote:
If Mr Childress wanted to be sheriff, he should of spent the effort and money to run in the primary. "Johnny come lately" appears to want to take the easy way to fame. Or, just maybe the Livingston County Board didn't like the outcome of the primary and are simply wanting to plant a puppet...what do ya think?
he did do his job..mayb insted of talkn u should listen...the ppls responsibilty to make sure they can vote...not his fault dnt be mad...ur ancestors made it hard out here.dicrimination I believe...ya think
Nancy

Mauston, WI

#8 Oct 16, 2010
Illinois is one of 2-3 states in the US where access to ballots in local elections is made as difficult at possible. Whose interests are served by this? you guessed it: INCUMBENTS and GOOD OLD BOYS who like to keep running things. I've met Tony Childress and followed his story closely. He is clearly the more intelligent and professional of the two candidates. I will be voting for him. God knows, Pontiac and Livingston County need a change toward professionalism, fairness, and basic intelligence.
in pontiac

Viroqua, WI

#9 Oct 28, 2010
in reply to 'Nancy' ; Mr Childress is the more intelligent and professional of the two candidates? Do your homework - last night's debate proved only one thing & that is that 'Mr Childress' has nothing going for him than an overblown ego & trashy stepchildren/stepgrandchildren who show their ignorance/upbringing by just opening their mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontiac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fun Sep '17 Jdog2332 1
News Body Found at Vacant House Fire Next to IL Stri... (Feb '17) Sep '17 The Anti-Flower C... 5
Head (May '17) May '17 Jdog2332 1
Andrea (Aug '15) May '17 Jdog2332 2
More Heroin Busts in Pontiac... When will it end? (Feb '13) Apr '17 Beth 5
Which is better Sandy Creek Mobile Home Park Or... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Beth 1
Kabrina Corso behind bars again! (May '16) Mar '17 Smith 7

Pontiac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pontiac Mortgages