Too soon to tell on vouchers for Pont...

Too soon to tell on vouchers for Pontiac owners

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 17, 2009, titled Too soon to tell on vouchers for Pontiac owners. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Q When GM closed down Oldsmobile, every Olds owner got a voucher good for $2,500 off the purchase of a new Oldsmobile or $1,500 off any other GM brand.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Skeptical

Chicago, IL

#1 May 18, 2009
MG Lombard - What kind of idiot are you? Of course you stop at ALL stop signs. Remind me to stay out of Lombard.
mark

United States

#2 May 18, 2009
I'd like to open a car dealership. Any suggestions?
Some Guy

United States

#3 May 19, 2009
"But common courtesy dictates stopping so as not to run into people/vehicles."

I doubt he was interested in ramming into people or cars. No doubt he wants to know whether he must stop when no one else is in or near the intersection and visibility is unobstructed.

"Secretary of State spokesman Dave Druker said mall owners can have local police patrol the lot and ticket the full variety of violators."

But if there is no arrangement and police patrol the lot and hand out tickets anyway, is the ticket then invalid?

"Up to you to ask mall management if an arrangement exists."

If you challenge the ticket, must police show proof of an arrangement in court?
George

United States

#4 May 19, 2009
mark wrote:
I'd like to open a car dealership. Any suggestions?
Yes ... DON'T ...

Clearly, you won't get to run it. The Feds will!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontiac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kabrina Corso behind bars again! 6 hr David 1
Flanagan city wide auction/ community sale (Mar '11) Feb '16 ecarr 6
News Pontiac sees sixth consecutive year of tourism ... Jan '16 Pontiac Citizen 1
News Cullom couple arrested in murder-for-hire plot (Oct '10) Sep '15 Trinabenett123 5
Jon Dronenberg (Jul '15) Sep '15 wtf 4
Andrea (Aug '15) Aug '15 919168855abc 1
men in Pontiac (Nov '14) Jul '15 metoo 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pontiac Mortgages