Suspension linked to Sabine homicide

Suspension linked to Sabine homicide

There are 15 comments on the The Times story from Oct 19, 2013, titled Suspension linked to Sabine homicide. In it, The Times reports that:

Natchitoches Police Department Assistant Chief Cary Hargrove was suspended one day this month for a policy violation related to a Sabine Parish homicide investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

lol

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Oct 19, 2013
Dove may not be as dirty as his coworkers, but he will straight up lie to protect them.
Phyllis

Lafayette, LA

#2 Oct 20, 2013
Dove is dirtier.

“I'm here”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2013
This is sad
hard to believe

Baton Rouge, LA

#4 Nov 2, 2013
I have worked with and around Asst Chief Hargrove for 17 years. I've never encountered anyone as intelligent, understanding of laws and policies, and who conducts himself professionally and by the book. He always chooses to do what's right, even when its a hard choice. I suppose we all make mistakes but given his good reputation, its hard to believe that he intentionally did wrong!! And people are calling for him to be fired !! NPD would be losing one of the few who actually know how to Police :(
amazing

Natchitoches, LA

#5 Nov 3, 2013
what book? The law enforcement book is one that rewrites itself on every call. If you have no social life so to speak you will know the laws and policies.Just because you can quote numbers and paragraphs dont make you the best pig in the bunch
hmmm

Groveland, FL

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Hargrove's alleged action would him an accessory to kidnapping and murder. Why isn't he in jail facing these charges?
What

Natchitoches, LA

#7 Nov 3, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Hargrove's alleged action would him an accessory to kidnapping and murder. Why isn't he in jail facing these charges?
I don't get your logic. How did the guy help in the commission of the crime by talking on the phone with him? Does anyone on here know the contents of their conversation?
quiteRat318

Dry Prong, LA

#8 Nov 4, 2013
hard to believe wrote:
I have worked with and around Asst Chief Hargrove for 17 years. I've never encountered anyone as intelligent, understanding of laws and policies, and who conducts himself professionally and by the book. He always chooses to do what's right, even when its a hard choice. I suppose we all make mistakes but given his good reputation, its hard to believe that he intentionally did wrong!! And people are calling for him to be fired !! NPD would be losing one of the few who actually know how to Police :(
........yup we do need him after all his wife is a pill head......daughter is a whore.......step-sons are wanna be thugs that's on drugs hell they even made the ch.12 news and lets not forget the grandbabies that had the Meth in their system......so hell yeah we need him on the force....NOT!!!!
hello

United States

#9 Nov 4, 2013
quiteRat318 wrote:
<quoted text>........yup we do need him after all his wife is a pill head......daughter is a whore.......step-sons are wanna be thugs that's on drugs hell they even made the ch.12 news and lets not forget the grandbabies that had the Meth in their system......so hell yeah we need him on the force....NOT!!!!
keep it up white trash! we all know its you terri
I heard

Natchitoches, LA

#10 Nov 4, 2013
quiteRat318 wrote:
<quoted text>........yup we do need him after all his wife is a pill head......daughter is a whore.......step-sons are wanna be thugs that's on drugs hell they even made the ch.12 news and lets not forget the grandbabies that had the Meth in their system......so hell yeah we need him on the force....NOT!!!!
I heard nothing but guilt by association. Anything about the person himself, or just people he is related to?
clear

Gainesville, FL

#11 Nov 4, 2013
This is a clear cut case of obstruction of justice at a MINIMUM.
hard to believe

Dallas, TX

#12 Nov 4, 2013
I could care less what his wife or her children do or what his daughter does....Cary Hargrove has had an outstanding career and he is a very good man. I will never believe that he was doing anything to purposely interfere with the investigation or to assist Bartholomy. The only complaint I ever hear about him is that he adheres TOO closely to the laws and policies....he's very strict. If you really knew him you wouldn't want to see him lose his job!!!!
hard to believe

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 4, 2013
I heard wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard nothing but guilt by association. Anything about the person himself, or just people he is related to?
The man is just too kind when it comes to his family. He tries to help them but is NOTHING like them.
I heard

Natchitoches, LA

#14 Nov 5, 2013
hard to believe wrote:
<quoted text>
The man is just too kind when it comes to his family. He tries to help them but is NOTHING like them.
I don't think it's too kind. It is what families are supposed to do for each other. These damned people around here are crap. If he helps his family he's just like them, if he turns away he is heartless & he caused their problems. He can't win trying to please these people, he just needs to do the right thing and ignore them.

Since: Oct 13

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Nov 11, 2013
hard to believe wrote:
What he did was wrong. We do not know if my nephew was gone when he made that call, or did the call he made push Barthelemy into going back to kill my nephew.

Would he have called another person who the police were coming for? I doubt it. He needs to be terminated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ponchatoula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slidell Police Department Arrest Reports for De... (Jun '09) Aug 14 Matthew ferrara 8
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) Aug '15 Victoria Dawn Jus... 1,145
Constable Place 2 Jul '15 Slim4824 1
adult theaters Jul '15 twistedcouple 1
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Jun '15 ACS 488
News La. Wildlife and Fisheries agent shot during tr... May '15 hunter 4
News 2015 Berries, Bridges and Books Writers Confere... May '15 Bella Saba 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ponchatoula Mortgages